Note 3 Lollipop Update problems and solutions

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
In settings and display there is a selection for touch screen light duration. I have mine set to 6 seconds. You can change out there to stay on for different times. I hope I didn't miss a post were you already tried this.

I believe he has tried that!
That's where I went to try to duplicate what HamRadioNut was dealing with!

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 "Size Does Matter!"

Lindam369

May 4, 2015
Visit site
I've never had a problem with my note 3 until now. Touchwiz is broken so I can't move any aps around. The update totally moved everything around. The phone randomly changes to easy mode after the touchwiz error comes up. It's just turned into a crazy phone and I'm not sure what to do.

Posted via Android Central App

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
I've never had a problem with my note 3 until now. Touchwiz is broken so I can't move any aps around. The update totally moved everything around. The phone randomly changes to easy mode after the touchwiz error comes up. It's just turned into a crazy phone and I'm not sure what to do.

I would first Clear Cache Partition in Recovery Mode & Restart your phone! Then I would go to Settings and go over all your settings to make sure you have things turned on or checked that you want to use. Then long hold on home button to application manager and clear defaults. Check back tomorrow to see how that went!!😉

HamRadioNut

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
I believe he has tried that!
That's where I went to try to duplicate what HamRadioNut was dealing with!

Yes iTerry913 I already have that checked, and it worked before the update. Also the wife has the same phone and settings and her's is working correctly. I have done all the fixes, cleared cache, reboot, etc.... they still go off.

Thanks Jalopiejoe, for all the help, it's not really a big deal maybe it will be fixed soon. I just like them to be on all the time, like it was before the update....

Lindam369

May 4, 2015
Visit site
I wrote down your instructions and actually followed them. Touchwiz still is not working but now instead of easy mode becoming active, now whatever ap or website I was at previously opens up.

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
I wrote down your instructions and actually followed them. Touchwiz still is not working but now instead of easy mode becoming active, now whatever ap or website I was at previously opens up.

Could you post a screen shot or something to see what is opening.
I thought TouchWiz Home was the default!

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I have found using Lollipop 5.0 for 2 weeks that all the problems I have encountered could be resolved by switching a toggle or checking or unchecking a box!!!
In most cases I don't believe a Factory Reset is necessary!
I did do a Factory Reset and it resolved Nothing!
Anymore problems, keep this thread going! I will jump in and help if I can.
This update is not as bad as I originally thought but it does need bug fixes!

How about a separate thread listing all your solutions?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
One plus I have noted is suddenly my phone compass works better in my car. My compass never worked before unless I went through the figure 8 move first.

Minus... Leave my brightness on auto. Usually it is fine. I find that sometimes if I turn on screen indoors it is way to dim. I do not use power saver mode and never had. Unfortunately this is a transient issue and I have no idea what causes it. I also get random restarts every 2 or 3 days even though I do a manual restart every morning. Yes I have cleared system cache from recovery 3 times now. All of my settings are pretty standard. 10 minutes before dim so no reason screen should start in dim.

Lindam369

May 4, 2015
Visit site
Touchwiz home is the default. After I press and hold any random ap to move it or to drag it up to the trash, I immediately get an error stating touchwiz has stopped working with an okay button but in the background a random ap opens in the background. I know I don't have any aps open. As far as taking a screen shot, the same thing will happen.

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
How about a separate thread listing all your solutions?

I thought this thread Was to address problems and solutions concerning Lollipop!
We need everyone who has found a way to fix a problem to chime in!

Last edited:

Lindam369

May 4, 2015
Visit site
6 hours after I followed your direction everything seems to be working again, including touchwiz. I don't know why it started working 6 hours later but thank you for your suggestion as it worked!

abtxpress

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Good day of battery time

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-05-04-21-59-59.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-05-04-21-59-59.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 55

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
I thought this thread Was to address problems and solutions concerning Lollipop!
We need everyone who has found a way to fix a problem to chime in!

I have been able to work through the problems I was having with Lollipop and now I believe I have every working correctly!
I still believe that you can fix the problems without a factory reset. None of the problems I had could be corrected with a factory reset.
It runs smooth and fast and I'm getting Great battery life and it charges fast.
At this point other than the unchangeable white w/teal,
I'm pretty happy with Lollipop.
I didn't think I would admit to that!! 👍😃

DLCPhototography

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I have been able to work through the problems I was having with Lollipop and now I believe I have every working correctly!
I still believe that you can fix the problems without a factory reset. None of the problems I had could be corrected with a factory reset.
It runs smooth and fast and I'm getting Great battery life and it charges fast.
At this point other than the unchangeable white w/teal,
I'm pretty happy with Lollipop.
I didn't think I would admit to that!! ????????????

If you wouldn't mind, please list the problems you encountered, and how you were able to fix them.

I've been holding off on my update, just ignoring the nagging for about a week now!

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
If you wouldn't mind, please list the problems you encountered, and how you were able to fix them.

I've been holding off on my update, just ignoring the nagging for about a week now!

My main problem involved a problem I needed to fix because I spend a lot of time on the road.
I use Hands Free Mode and Voice Control to make and answer phone calls.
It would ask "Answer or Reject" but would not obey the command.
The problem was solved in - Settings > Sound and Notifications > uncheck~ Vibrate when Ringing. (Doesn't make sense to me!)
When using my S Pen I could not get the menu to come up when I pushed the button.
Lollipop update turned off Air Command.
My battery life went fast and charging rate was slow.
I did several Clear Cache in Recovery Mode and over a short period it has straightened out.
I was having trouble with the Proximity Sensor but that has gotten better. It seems to take some time to let the new OS to settle in and to get used to it.
😉👌 Hope that helps some!

Skip Gillespie

May 6, 2015
Visit site
I have not found anyone else yet that appears to have my problem. I work in a facility that does not have cell coverage inside. If I've been inside for a prolonged (3 or 4 hours) time, when I go outside back into coverage, the phone never picks service back up until I reboot the phone. This has happened multiple times.

Verizon had me try a factory reset which did nothing, then they sent me a new phone. They said my problem was likely a hardware issue (didn't believe that because it never happened with 4.4.4) and sent me a replacement phone.

When the new phone came, it was requesting to update (obviously). I didn't want to but Verizon said to go ahead and do it. Naturally, the same problem surfaced again. I went back to Verizon again and they said they would send me another phone and this time don't update.

Is there any reason why Google/Samsung/Verizon won't create these updates with a way of reverting back if there are issues? After every major update they have these problems yet they still refuse to build in the mechanism to roll back until the bugs are fixed.

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
I have not found anyone else yet that appears to have my problem. I work in a facility that does not have cell coverage inside. If I've been inside for a prolonged (3 or 4 hours) time, when I go outside back into coverage, the phone never picks service back up until I reboot the phone. This has happened multiple times.

Verizon had me try a factory reset which did nothing, then they sent me a new phone. They said my problem was likely a hardware issue (didn't believe that because it never happened with 4.4.4) and sent me a replacement phone.

When the new phone came, it was requesting to update (obviously). I didn't want to but Verizon said to go ahead and do it. Naturally, the same problem surfaced again. I went back to Verizon again and they said they would send me another phone and this time don't update.

Is there any reason why Google/Samsung/Verizon won't create these updates with a way of reverting back if there are issues? After every major update they have these problems yet they still refuse to build in the mechanism to roll back until the bugs are fixed.

My guess is, if everyone had the option to revert to the old OS they would have a hard time getting the ball rolling with the new software that they are wanting to push out!
"Stuck in Limbo"

Artie V

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried turning on airplane mode when you go outside and then turning it off. My phone lags sometimes in picking up service when I come out of an underground parking facility or subway.