Note 4 burn-in.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Only 3 months after having the new one, I have now discovered burn in again. This time, I DID change the screen often, almost OCD religiously to avoid that from happening again and yet it did. I don't think there's anything you CAN do to avoid it

Three months? Wow, that's horrible. I have had my Note 4 for well over a year now, and run Ingress on it a LOT, and if I pull up a pure white screen I can just barely see the COMM and OPS menus if I crank the brightness up to full and squint. My prior two phones were both AMOLED (Moto X 2013 and X 2014) and both of them had somewhat more noticeable burn-in after about 6 months each, but it never really reached the point of really noticing it in daily use.

Cringey

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to bump an old thread but my note 4 is experiencing the burn in issue. Phone is 1.5 years old. I have the best buy geek squad protection and of course when I bought it they didn't tell me about the $150 service fee.
Any one have any luck getting an upgrade instead of same model when using the Geek Squad Protection program? Thanks.

Posted via the Android Central App

min_is_3

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to bump an old thread but my note 4 is experiencing the burn in issue. Phone is 1.5 years old. I have the best buy geek squad protection and of course when I bought it they didn't tell me about the $150 service fee.
Any one have any luck getting an upgrade instead of same model when using the Geek Squad Protection program? Thanks.

What image is burned in?

Cringey

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
The status bar on some screens and Waze's reporting circle. There is another issue already with the phone but I really don't feel like paying $150 to get one that might have same issue.
That's why I was wondering if there was a way to get them to upgrade.

It figures I got the phone January 2015 and had the battery dendrite drain issue right before that.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I am still using my Note 4/Note Edge today among a few other phones. I have not noticed any screen burn in on the Note 4/Edge at all 1.5 years in.

RJEB94

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
I have this Note 4 since the release date. The first 2 months i could not find any burn-in on my display. My Note 3 had some burn in after using it for 5 months.
I typed *#0*# in the dialer and a menu appeared. So i tested the red, green and blue of my screen. The blue shows burn in of my notification bar, the color is bit less colored than the other screen area's.
I tried the fix tools but it didnt helped. I dont know how others are using the application, brightness at half or full? How many hours?
I downloaded the rotate application and use my note 4 sometimes upside-down, maybe it can fix my problem ( not sure about this)
I also discovered that the white is becoming a bit like yellow brown. I even tried changing the diplay modes.

Are there more of you with this burn in and white color problem?

Any solution?

I have only had my galaxy note 4 for a few months and I have bad screen burn in. I use kik messenger to talk to my friends and family that do not own a phone and fell asleep with my phone on and now there's a big "K" and kik logo in the corner of my screen and I can see chat head circles in a long line all the way down my screen. It is noticeable at all times too me and is very annoying. I keep my phone on 100% brightness and have my screen timeout at 10 minutes and have my phone at cinema AMOLED I think it's called which is like the brightest screen setting. Also I forgot to mention all my keyboard keys are burnt on screen as well as my notification panel too so yes I have major screen burn in. You're not alone. I've experienced the same problem with my note 1 note 2 and note 3. And I have very good eyesight so I notice even the TINIEST things on my phone. it seems that other people either just don't notice it or don't care about it or just take better care of their phones and don't excessively use theirs but I use mine pretty much 18 hours a day. Texting, emails, gaming, Web surfing, watching videos and movies, etc etc. I wish there was a way to fix it but from what a phone technician told me there's no way to fix it with any apps you have to actually send it in get your phone taken apart and replace whatever part of the screen is burnt in and I was told for me it would cost $350 approximately. So I'll probably just leave it and upgrade to a new note and keep it on low settings next time.