Note 4 Poor Phone Audio Reports with Spigen Neo Hybrid Case Installed on N4

Alexander Burnside

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: Poor Phone Audio Reports with Spigen Neo Hybrid Case Installed on N4

Very disappointed. I will be sending the tough armor from Spigen back and going without a case until the case I want is in stock.

I'm really not so clumsy that I think I'd drop my phone within the next few months.

jazonbee

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site

To be returned on your dime? Does anyone else feel like Spigen should do their part in paying for return shipping on an item they were aware was defective?

nugj

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site

I am very very disappointed in Spigen and have said so here. IMO, dumping these cases on the market with no descriptive material regarding N4 variant compatibility was not likely an honest mistake. Disappointed in the other case guys that have done this for the same reason. If I end up with $44 of value for $14 and my time and effort with a hole punch and a drill well that is fine for me. But not everybody has access to tools and the dexterity to use them and nobody should have to do so. I am truly disappointed in how these companies are handling this.

I am keeping the Neo H which I have modified, returning the Tough Armor which I have not touched and keeping the Verus Thor which I have also modified. For those wondering and interested, the Tough Armor would have been as easy if not easier to modify than the Neo H was and easier than the Thor was as well.

flackberry

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site

Did you notice with the Ultra Hybrid case on whether or not the camera lens makes contact when you lay the phone on its back? The back of the Ultra Hybrid almost looks flush with the lens.

Alexander Burnside

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site

If you are responding to me, I am not sure who's dime it will be returned on. I bought it through Amazon, and I imagine it will either be resolved by Spigen or Amazon will pay for the seller's mistake. It sounds like Amazon is really stepping up admirably for other folks in my position - glad for that, but this shouldn't even be a thing.

We'll see what happens. My case arrives today and I've already contacted Spigen through Amazon's system.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

If you are responding to me, I am not sure who's dime it will be returned on. I bought it through Amazon, and I imagine it will either be resolved by Spigen or Amazon will pay for the seller's mistake. It sounds like Amazon is really stepping up admirably for other folks in my position - glad for that, but this shouldn't even be a thing.

We'll see what happens. My case arrives today and I've already contacted Spigen through Amazon's system.

If it is defective then amazon will cover the return shipping.though amazon didn't make me return it

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus

eao1991

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site

Well at least Spigen has finally recognized the Verizon problem on their ebay page. Question now is whether or not they're going to be updating the design to accommodate Verizon's Note 4. They don't really respond to emails or tweets, so I honestly have no clue what the best way to get a response out of them would be. Not sure if I'm more upset at Verizon for the slight design change or Spigen since other case manufacturers have taken into consideration Verizon's weird mic position when designing their cases.

Spigen.PNG

nugj

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site

The left mic hole position is surely a consequence of the specific VzW internals most likely the radio tray (CDMA backwards compatible) and the antenna trace lines internally. There is no way for anybody in the business food chain to make up for such a change. It is a loser business wise no matter what they do. So I am sure it was not a frivolous decision on either Sammy's part of Verizon's part. Some of the case manufacturers clearly dropped the ball.

jazonbee

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site

I purchased through Amazon from Spigen as well, made Spigen aware of the problem and asked to provide pictures/video of the problem. Please share information regarding Amazon stepping up as I was unaware.

pwscott

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site

Just put the tape on the box here to return mine. Staying with the Seidio Case & Holster that I really wanted all along anyway. I planned to keep this as a second and probably more protective case, but I don't want to take a Dremel tool to it when there is that rubbery inner portion to deal with too.

Same issue here with the Neo Hybrid Spigen case. To return or mod, that is the question.

nugj

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site

Not sure which Verus you are referring to but I have a Thor from them. Had to modify it for VzW version. But really like that case. So I was willing to modify it to get it to work for me.

anon(3092520)

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site

I just received an email from Spigen..............

Thank you very much for your purchase with us and I am sorry for the inconvenience you are experiencing.

We have tested the Note 4 cases and while the cases are compatible with most domestic carriers (T-Mobile, AT&T, Sprint..etc) and all International versions of the phone, it looks like Verizon variant of the phone has the mic in slightly different location.

Our developers have reviewed this variant and created a universal version of the TPU that will fit the Verizon version of the phone better!

We will be able to ship out this TPU to you within 1-2 week time frame.

Thank you so much for your patience and for letting us know of this variance so we can assist you more promptly.
Once the replacement package has processed out, you will receive a separate email notification.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site

I just received an email from Spigen..............

Thank you very much for your purchase with us and I am sorry for the inconvenience you are experiencing.

We have tested the Note 4 cases and while the cases are compatible with most domestic carriers (T-Mobile, AT&T, Sprint..etc) and all International versions of the phone, it looks like Verizon variant of the phone has the mic in slightly different location.

Our developers have reviewed this variant and created a universal version of the TPU that will fit the Verizon version of the phone better!

We will be able to ship out this TPU to you within 1-2 week time frame.

Thank you so much for your patience and for letting us know of this variance so we can assist you more promptly.
Once the replacement package has processed out, you will receive a separate email notification.
I have gotten the same email. I will have my Note 4 Friday Morning.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

anon(3092520)

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site

I don't even care if they send me a replacement as the heart rate monitor is still going to be useless. I've already ordered a UAG that should be here in a couple days.

DarinK

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site

This is the email I received from Spigen:

Hello!
Thank you for your patience.
We have been receiving higher volumes of emails and orders recently and our customer service responses may get delayed from the usual response time.
Thank you so much for your patience and for providing us with your order number.
I’ll be more than happy to assist you with your question.
I’m sorry to hear that you ran into some issues.
I’d love to take a look at what the issue might be.
Please send us:
-A photo/video of the issue
Thanks again for choosing Spigen.
Hope to hear back from you soon!
Sincerely,
Juan

I provided all of the details when I sent the original email. It's strange they would ask me to send a picture of the issue when they are already aware of it. I sent them a reply directing them to their Amazon page which has plenty of pictures showing the issue.

stalkizle

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site
I purchased the Verizon Note 4 with the Spigen Neo Hybrid case and it looks like they have fixed the issue with the mic by making a tunnel in the inner part of the case. I did a recording test of the mic with and without the case and it sounds great. That being said I can't seem to get the heart rate sensor to work consistently despite an insert saying it should... I only got it to work once.
puu.sh/
d5Wdy/8b17bd310d
.PNG

puu.sh
/d5Wgz/87c720d062
.jpg
Remove the line breaks, my account is too new to post links.