Note 4: Which Launcher Do you use? Why?

What Launcher are you using?

• Total voters

iGalione

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm so surprised that no one has mentioned aviate. I use it and I must say uses little ram and functionality is awesome. Automatically catorgerises your apps and you can add or customize your own.

Posted via the Android Central App

I used to use aviate all the time, but it's not customizable.. It offers a few context based actions or formats, but when you get to the "android" nitty gritty of it, it doesn't let you fully be you...

You may have many of the same layouts or looks with aviate, but each nova screen can be totally different

But it's all about choices none the less
Android > iOS in that regards (sorry for that mention)

Live life, love life, excel life...

N1 . N2 .. N3 ... N4 #ILE
#ILoveEvolution

kaitlyn2004

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
I've always been a fan of Nova Launcher and recently went to Nova Launcher Prime. With Action Launcher 3 out, I might have to give it a try though

Jay Sacks

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Anyone know what Nova offers that Apex doesn't?
I switched to Apex because Nova had a conflict with a favorite app.
They seem nearly identical.

Last edited:

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know what Nova offers that Apex doesn't?
I switched to Apex because Nova had a conflict with a favorite app.
They seem nearly identicle.

Havent used Apex in a LONG time but I THINK (somone correct me if I'm wrong) among the few things Nova has would be half step grid positioning, disabling padding on widgets (no margins/gaps between them) and swipe gestures on any icon (not just the dock icons).

KreepyKen

Just a cool guy
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Nova Prime.

Instead of using lots of home screens, I set up my dock to have two pages, each set up with five folders instead of single apps.

If touchwiz allowed for multi-page docks, I'd give it a try.

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Nova Prime. Simple & clean, I love the Gestures.
The gestures are the deal closer for me.

Double tap is app drawer.
Double swipe down is Calc.
Double swipe up is Maps.
Single swipe down is Notifications (great to help with one-handed operation).

Just really makes for quick operation.

rdroyer

May 26, 2014
Visit site
yep, i use it exclusively. perhaps you can do the same stuff with nova but i'm already used to the buzz launcher and widget interface. i customize using very few icons and i keep everything suuuper tiny and buzz works perfectly for it.

That's what I've been noticing about Buzz is you can basically do everything you want with it and it has a very good interface. The lack of a Greenify widget is somewhat annoying me though. No worries, don't really need to worry about killing apps that much now.

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I am in love with Aviate, but it's my first launcher, ever. It Needs more settings tho.
I can't just touch the time in the top middle and get it to launch my Alarm window...
I also bought Nova Prime, going to have fun and see what Nova has to offer as well.
Aviate is awesome but a little limited in its current form.

Oh, standard Touchwiz is very good as well. Maybe I'm crazy but it seems to be a "cleaner", smoother, less in-your-face touchwiz than I remember... no? maybe?

donb2010

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I am in love with Aviate, but it's my first launcher, ever. It Needs more settings tho.
I can't just touch the time in the top middle and get it to launch my Alarm window...
I also bought Nova Prime, going to have fun and see what Nova has to offer as well.
Aviate is awesome but a little limited in its current form.

Oh, standard Touchwiz is very good as well. Maybe I'm crazy but it seems to be a "cleaner", smoother, less in-your-face touchwiz than I remember... no? maybe?

I tried Aviate a couple of days ago and liked it a lot, but you're right, currently it is limited as far as settings and options. If there's an update with more settings/options I will definitely re-install, but for right now I'm happy with Apex.

naira1

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
For me it's a fight between TW launcher and Nova and it's not looking too good for Nova atm.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

azBuddah

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site
I'm using Themer. I've only had my N4 and Android for 4 days now. Came from BB, and was browsing the forum and came across it on day 2. So far I've been enjoying it, have been spending more time on it than learning about the phone, but it seems that it has helped me learn some things about the phone. I guess I'm off to go see what nova prime is about?? Gestures at least at this point aren't that big to me, since I'm sometimes getting to places that I didn't want to, or surprise myself by finding I can do something with a swipe that I didn't know about. LOL

akutch34

Trusted Member
May 26, 2011
Visit site
I started with Nova right out of the box, I always do. But, after being thru the forums and seeing so many people saying TW has improved or that they were finally giving TW a chance, I said, sure, why not.

I've been using TW for the past week and actually don't mind it at all. The only thing that annoys me is not being able to remove the labels underneath each icon on the desktop. Otherwise, I haven't found anything to complain about.

Inquisitive1

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I was in love with Everything me on my G2 until my 9 year old discovered it's what was screwing up my phone. So I refuse to use it again. Today I downloaded Aviate. My sole purpose for utilizing a launcher is to organize my apps. I can't stand looking for apps or trying to decide which app goes on home screens

Posted with my awesome NOTE 4

fragologist

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
What is padding?

It allows a widget to fill the entire grid space that it is assigned to. So if you have a widget that is 4 wide and 2 high and is placed on the top of the homepage. It will go all the way to the edges for the top and two sides for that homesceen page.

I am in the process of making my Note 4 self aware.

osaekomi

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Once I used gestures, there was no turning back. Have used Nova (free version) and Apex (free version). Leaning towards Nova prime, since it has more gestures it seems than Apex. Are there any others I should check out other than these two for gestures?

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I do have a question for the Google Experience launcher or google now launcher, whichever its called, does that make the home button work as ok google by default?

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I do have a question for the Google Experience launcher or google now launcher, whichever its called, does that make the home button work as ok google by default?

Not the home button. Ok Google works from any home screen, and is supposed to work as long as the screen is on, but I have not confirmed.

I am brand new to the Note, coming from the Droid Maxx. I used TW for a couple of hours, but really missed Google Now as my left screen, so had to put on the Google Launcher. I may go back for a while, because I want to know what I am missing.

I was part of the early Aviate beta, and it did not live up to its promise of learning what I need when. The idea and promise is great, the execution falls short. In the end, I prefer to customize.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred