Note 4: Which Launcher Do you use? Why?

What Launcher are you using?

• Total voters

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
It is just something you would have to see for yourself.

Sent from my GNote4 using Tapatalk!

Nova Prime as a launcher makes for a smoother experience than TouchWiz as a launcher but, yes, TouchWiz is still pulling strings in the background that affect performance. You really have to use a non TouchWiz device to understand just what an impact TouchWiz has. That said the Note 3 and Note 4 have so much power under the hood that they almost (spelled almost) overpower the lag that TouchWiz brings. My Note 4 is durned quick. It really is a powerhouse.

from the IV

Robin Hebert

Banned
Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Nova Prime as a launcher makes for a smoother experience than TouchWiz as a launcher but, yes, TouchWiz is still pulling strings in the background that affect performance. You really have to use a non TouchWiz device to understand just what an impact TouchWiz has. That said the Note 3 and Note 4 have so much power under the hood that they almost (spelled almost) overpower the lag that TouchWiz brings. My Note 4 is durned quick. It really is a powerhouse.

from the IV

I am back with Nova! Epic had some issues.

Posted via the Android Central App

GSOgymrat

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
I really like Aviate. Some of these launchers seem to be focused on giving the user maximum customization but I prefer a launcher that organizes my screens for me.

Robin Hebert

Banned
Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
I use Nova.

Love the choice on grid size, custom icons, and resizing widgets.
The TW grid size on stock is horrid for a large screen like this.

I read in a review that Nova is a memory hog. I haven't had that problem. Its been around so long I'm sure they fixed that.

Posted via the Android Central App

starbuckk

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
The primary things lost are Touchwiz-only widgets made by Samsung and ability to pin action notes to the home screens.

Pretty much all are replaceable by alternative apps.

I use ssLauncher. It's biggest feature (and drawback for some) is no grid. Screen is 100% customizable. But it takes more time to set up and it's default installed look is pretty ugly.

It is very flexible for setting up docks and even allows different layouts for portrait and landscape. Also each page can have its own background.

Here is what is missing for me, and my workarounds:

1. Folders. SsLauncher doesn't have folders. There are several apps for this. I use one called Application Folder.
2. S-Planner calendar widgets. Business Calendar Pro is a suitable alternative.
3. Counter badges. Not all are available. Have to rely on app widgets or a widget creator like uccw for some.
4. Pinned notes. Lecture Notes has a Quick note widget that can replace this though it takes a few more steps to set it up and use. See screen shot below.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe