Note 5 Battery Dying Suddenly

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
With increasing frequency, my Note 5 battery will lose it's charge insanely fast and I don't know why. One time it happened when my battery was at 35%. The most recent time was when it was at 24%. I saw it was at 24%, put the phone down and went back to what I was doing. Minutes later, the phone was out of juice and I wasn't even using it. I attached a picture where you can see the drop off. Is anyone else having this issue? Normally I charge my phone between 30-40%. More recently I have tried letting the phone run out of charge twice thinking it was just the OS not calculating how much charge I had left properly. I don't know what is going on. I don't know what app could possibly suck away so much power so quickly.

Here is a pic of the drop off.
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...authkey=!AMEz79kQj7hivsY&v=3&ithint=photo,jpg

novice

Dec 27, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. Will go from 30% to zero in 10 minutes on occasion.

Going to try a factory reset to remedy the problem.

sup3r1or

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I have same issue or even worse one. I can get a max of 2 hours 40 mins of screen time. My battery would drop off like crazy. Phone shuts down at 16%. Once when I reached 20% I enabled Ultra power saving mode the black and white. Every minut I would loose 1% doing nothing. In 15 mins phone was dead.
Taking it for replacement battery on friday hopefully warrantly will cover my phone is almost a year old.

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
With increasing frequency, my Note 5 battery will lose it's charge insanely fast and I don't know why. One time it happened when my battery was at 35%. The most recent time was when it was at 24%. I saw it was at 24%, put the phone down and went back to what I was doing. Minutes later, the phone was out of juice and I wasn't even using it. I attached a picture where you can see the drop off. Is anyone else having this issue? Normally I charge my phone between 30-40%. More recently I have tried letting the phone run out of charge twice thinking it was just the OS not calculating how much charge I had left properly. I don't know what is going on. I don't know what app could possibly suck away so much power so quickly.

Here is a pic of the drop off.
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...authkey=!AMEz79kQj7hivsY&v=3&ithint=photo,jpg

I've had the same issue it drains too fast without even using the phone. Idk what apps are causing it either. Strange I know. I used to get this phone through a whole day now I charge it at least 2 to 3 times a day.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
GSam Battery Monitor has helped me in the past when trying to diagnose unexpected battery consumption.

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
Have you tried to calibrate the battery by letting it drain then charging to 100%? If so have you been doing that charge cycle 1x once a month or every 3 months? It is suppose to help maintain the battery. Have reduced the number of apps running in the background or switched to a power saving mode when the phone is idle? I do hope that helps I was not joking about my screen name. I am also having battery issues. Greenify has been recommended to me to analyze/maintain apps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12