Note 5 Battery life thread

Chitown28

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
i been writing down my battery info down every time i go to charge it and hoping to find a way to get it to last long enough for me through out the day cause Thursday is my last day to return or exchange it but i know there isnt a phone out there that can give me the performance and awesome screen like the note 5.

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
I think GSam only calculates the actual WiFi toggle being in. When my WiFi is set to be off when sleeping, GSam shows it never goes off, but my phone tells a different story. When I turn on the screen, my WiFi symbol pops up and I get a notification with the network name I just connected to.

mine never does that. I Click it on and the Wifi still shows on and not connecting.

Posted via the Android Central App

Djoutlaw32

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
With all the talk about heavy moderate or light use I'm starting to understand one person's definition of those terms is different than others.

There are some people that have their phones for just personal use. They read FB and other social media. They listen to music. Might watch a little You Tube some gaming etc. I'd consider that to be light to slightly moderate depending on SOT. BUT if they dont get a lot of work related email it changes things.

For someone like me this is my personal and work phone. I get a LOT of email daily and answered many back. I am receiving upwards of 50-60 emails in a day and responding to half of them.

I am texting frequently when not in the car and when in the car on the phone hands free with plugged in ear buds.

I do use FB and probably check it hourly for 5-10 minutes. I check Twitter occasionally during the day as well.

Most of my use in battery is email, text, reading some articles relevant to work, and pulling up video links sent to me. I'll use the AC forums app as well as feedly and the WSJ app.

To me when you're using it in this manner it uses a LOT of juice apparently.

That's heavy use in my opinion. Always reaching for it throughout the day. And I don't have an office I go to. I have a home office so I'm not restricted from when I use it and how I use it.

I'm getting with Heavy use in this manner about 9-11 hours max and maybe that's what I should expect despite my iPhone 6+ under the same conditions giving me 12-15 hours.

Side note: I shut off WiFi to the phone and noticed MUCH better battery life using just 4g or 3g because my signal is not great. To me that's the opposite of what SHOULD happen.

Maybe with an update this will change. I'm on Verizon BTW

I'm with you on this. I feel it's a bug. When I'm on wifi I'm definitely burning through my battery a lot quicker than if I was just on 4g. Very opposite indeed.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
So I was using Outlook for email as well as Gmail. During my battery issues I decided to go with just Gmail and I deleted outlook. I'm wondering if anyone knows if having two different email apps would hurt battery at all.

I prefer Outlook for all the extra features it offers. Any idea of an impact on that?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I just dont get why your backing up the note 5 so much like anything we post about it being bad you always dont agree.....We dont use the same apps and settings as you so you cant keep saying the note 5 battery is good and i can link you to about 8 reviews i watched and they state the battery isnt that great and is a downside of the phone.

I'm not going to lie about results I get.

Also, as I said, I checked a lot on this phone before it was released and the testing that was done. Just because you didn't see all that doesn't mean it wasn't there.

I can link you to just as many, that think it is just as good and just as many that think it is worse, on here.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
So I was using Outlook for email as well as Gmail. During my battery issues I decided to go with just Gmail and I deleted outlook. I'm wondering if anyone knows if having two different email apps would hurt battery at all.

I prefer Outlook for all the extra features it offers. Any idea of an impact on that?

I've run both before and not had noticeable issues.. But I don't have a Verizon variant. I'm not having the WiFi standby increase and I also am not dealing with a low signal.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
This is a really light day at home with a good signal. Even with light use my work apps still draw quite a bit of the power.

Wifi off all day

98a11d8bfb4d2c8107881278b4d5fcfc.jpg

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
This is a really light day at home with a good signal. Even with light use my work apps still draw quite a bit of the power.

Wifi off all day

//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/07/98a11d8bfb4d2c8107881278b4d5fcfc.jpg

Your held awake time is pretty high. Almost like your phone isn't sleeping. I would run wld
http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...71286-wakelock-detector-no-root-required.html

For comparison, look at mine

uploadfromtaptalk1441684091211.jpg

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

dario12v

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
Same here , can't seam to be able to shut off wifi scanning, or even shut off when sleeping
Everything is off ...but it keeps going!!
T-mobile 64gb note 5 here

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Same here , can't seam to be able to shut off wifi scanning, or even shut off when sleeping
Everything is off ...but it keeps going!!
T-mobile 64gb note 5 here

That's weird. On my Verizon version, I shut off wifi and wifi scanning.

uploadfromtaptalk1441685280542.jpg

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

moonsunlala

Sep 8, 2015
Visit site
Android system consuming so much battery but the phone most of the time is in standby mode=/
*Tried to wipe cache seems like not working
uploadfromtaptalk1441687358982.jpguploadfromtaptalk1441687358982.jpg

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1441687315923.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1441687315923.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 57

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site

Forum statistics

Threads