Note 5 Battery life thread

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Mod Note - Again... please keep it on topic. This thread is for discussing battery stats & getting help (if needed). This is not a thread to argue battery semantics.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Fr0gburp3r

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
can you please show us which ones you have disabled?

Is it ok to disable yahoo live weather,galaxy apps,galaxy apps widget,and app source?

what do you mean by optimized their notifications for your use?
I just used Package disabler Pro and chose disable all bloatware. Then I select show all disabled. Finally, I enabled the ones I would use.

I disabled yahoo live weather etc...

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Converting back before an upgrade is a snap. No need to connect. All done on phone. At 78% now but been out and about all day. Up today at 8am. No charges.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A

OK. So what is the name of the app you do this with and do I need to be connected to laptop to perform this option?

Posted via the Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
can you please show us which ones you have disabled?

Is it ok to disable yahoo live weather,galaxy apps,galaxy apps widget,and app source?

what do you mean by optimized their notifications for your use?
If you are disabling in the application manager, then anything it let's you disable should be fine.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

Kingster99

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
I was having the same problem. i took it to the Samsung guy at Best Buy, he put it in ultra power saving mode then restarted it and then took it out of ultra power saving mode and within a day or so i saw a big improvement with my battery performance.

Glock23-G4

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Fairly heavy use at home yesterday on a lazy Sunday.

A few brief calls, some texting, email, Facebook, Tapatalk, Netflix, Words with Friends, etc...

Brightness on auto, bluetooth on all day (syncs with my fitbit and Bowflex Max), wifi on, advanced calling on. I've disabled/uninstalled apps that I don't need or use, but I don't use anything like package disabler to disable services or anything like that.

Pretty happy with my battery life.

5b735c912a1e1adff4094b5d0d84d2ed.jpg

c4f9bbd8aa0780b50bc543ed3840983e.jpg

pdqgp

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Update from today. Woke up and pulled my Note 5 off the charger at 6am and it's now 2:20pm and I'm at 73% charge. Moderate to heavy use, screen at 50% which is plenty bright inside and with bluetooth connected to my Gear S and low power location services turned on too.

VERY Happy with the battery life out of it so far.

0665adc0217bfc2525ce0e70f64547da.jpg

jdhooghe

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
I was having the same problem. i took it to the Samsung guy at Best Buy, he put it in ultra power saving mode then restarted it and then took it out of ultra power saving mode and within a day or so i saw a big improvement with my battery performance.

Did he give any explanation for this?

Daniel Caballero

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
I just got my note 5 but charged little then had to be on the go. so really drained it down with some power intensive apps. now seems my battery drained down to 40 percent in just little over 5 hours.

Nathan Innocent

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
Recently purchased the Note 5 via a Jump! upgrade from T-Mobile. I have been playing with the phone for 4 days now and I'm surprised about the battery. I message a lot of people, use Tidal streaming service, and all the other social media (Instagram, Kik, etc.) on a daily basis and this phone can keep up with me. I can wake up at 8 am and the phone won't die until 10 pm almost 11pm. Maybe I'm not a heavy battery user but Samsung did a good job.

Jamez Avila

Banned
Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Recently purchased the Note 5 via a Jump! upgrade from T-Mobile. I have been playing with the phone for 4 days now and I'm surprised about the battery. I message a lot of people, use Tidal streaming service, and all the other social media (Instagram, Kik, etc.) on a daily basis and this phone can keep up with me. I can wake up at 8 am and the phone won't die until 10 pm almost 11pm. Maybe I'm not a heavy battery user but Samsung did a good job.

Yup, same here. I think people on these forums get really caught up with the "screen on time" which, of course, is going to be lower than the overall daily battery life. For example, like you, I get more than a full day of battery (unplug at 8am and plug in at 11pm) but my "screen on time" (SOT) is usually like 6.5 hours. Some people here think it should be able to stay on for one of two days straight which is just not reasonable.

MedicD

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Yup, same here. I think people on these forums get really caught up with the "screen on time" which, of course, is going to be lower than the overall daily battery life. For example, like you, I get more than a full day of battery (unplug at 8am and plug in at 11pm) but my "screen on time" (SOT) is usually like 6.5 hours. Some people here think it should be able to stay on for one of two days straight which is just not reasonable.

I'm lucky to break 5 hours SoT in 12 hours. 6.5 is good, and should be enough for most people. The standby time is disappointing on the phone for most of us (seems like vzw has a particular wifi issue making it worse)

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
uploadfromtaptalk1442286278182.jpg

Fully charged mine i want to say around 930-10 this morning. I havent put it on charger since.
Spent most of the day by bus and on foot.
Usage..
Google maps for bus schedules
A couple calls
Texting all day
3 emails acct always syncing
Browsing the web
Instagram/twitter/and Android central
Bluetooth & wifi are always on
Streamed google music for an hour via bluetooth

Im pretty damn happy with this phone.

Sent using my gorgeous Korean Phone and its clicky stick...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BiggerBoat1919