Note 5 not always fast charging

digdug11

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
And again, everyone doesn't post on this thread.

Also again, not going to argue with you, that is against the rules of this forum. There are many people that discuss with me outside of the forum, there are a lot more issues with this than what is being posted.

If you have any more issues with me, I suggest you take it up in PM.

But again, you haven't sent your cable back, free of charge, to Samsung. You have self diagnosed, so no one knows what your issue actually is. There is also some carrier issue involved in this and that probably has to do with updates, all carriers don't update the same.

Ok, lets say im not going to argue with you then make an argumentative statement. Nice.

Yes i have self diagnosed, as has countless others in this thread. You know the amazing thing? We all came to the same conclusion.

Everyone reading this thread can do either one of two things- follow the misinformation of one or the advice of many.
#done with this thread.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Again, not misinformation, just a different experience than you.

At this forum, we allow different views and discussions, without people arguing with the ones posting. If you have an issue with that, again, feel free to PM me or a moderator.

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Actually it does fast charge until the end. I can plug mine in at 95% and it fast charges.

Yea,, if i plug-in at 95 percent it still fast charges

It will not fast charge above a certain voltage level on the battery. No matter what level the batter is when you plug in your charger, however, the display will tell you "fast charging" if you have fast charging activated. Not arguing with you, just clarifying how the Qualcomm technology works. It does not fast charge to 100%.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
It will not fast charge above a certain voltage level on the battery. No matter what level the batter is when you plug in your charger, however, the display will tell you "fast charging" if you have fast charging activated. Not arguing with you, just clarifying how the Qualcomm technology works. It does not fast charge to 100%.

Well that part might be true, not arguing with that.. The issue is displaying fast charging.

Some have been told that it is normal if it doesn't display fast charging above a certain level when they were actually having the problem of the phone not fast charging and not displaying fast charging. It will display fast charging at any level and should, whether it is actually fast charging then, I don't know enough about it to know if it is.. If that makes sense.

I think it is kinda two issues where this thread is concerned.

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Well that part might be true, not arguing with that.. The issue is displaying fast charging.

Some have been told that it is normal if it doesn't display fast charging above a certain level when they were actually having the problem of the phone not fast charging and not displaying fast charging. It will display fast charging at any level and should, whether it is actually fast charging then, I don't know enough about it to know if it is.. If that makes sense.

I think it is kinda two issues where this thread is concerned.

Okay, but your statements were indicating that fast charging happened to 100%, and not saying anything about display status. Others were making similar comments, which is why I posted to clarify that it does not fast charge all the way to 100%. We're both definitely in agreement that there are a lot of misconceptions about how fast charging works. Again, not trying to argue with anyone, just clarifying how fast charging actually works. If anyone cares enough to want to know how it really works, research "Qualcomm Quick Charging" that is the technology Samsung is licensing for these devices.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Okay, but your statements were indicating that fast charging happened to 100%, and not saying anything about display status. Others were making similar comments, which is why I posted to clarify that it does not. We're both definitely in agreement that there are a lot of misconceptions about how fast charging works.

Well it was in regards to what some of the AT&T people were telling customers. I can understand where the confusion came in.

Fobbers

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
Which charger did you guys purchase from monoprice.com? Can someone send me a link? There's alot to choose.

Posted via the Android Central App

cbillme

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Hello hello. First post!

Full disclosure: I did not read the entire thread, so maybe this was already mentioned.

I was consistently having trouble getting my Note 5 to Fast Charge. I found the following to be effective, so far.

Unplug the everything.
Plug the wire into the phone.
Plug the charger into the wall.
Then plug the wire into the charger.

Not sure why, but this has switched me from Cable Charging to Fast Charging numerous times, with just one attempt. Would be curious if this works for others.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Hello hello. First post!

Full disclosure: I did not read the entire thread, so maybe this was already mentioned.

I was consistently having trouble getting my Note 5 to Fast Charge. I found the following to be effective, so far.

Unplug the everything.
Plug the wire into the phone.
Plug the charger into the wall.
Then plug the wire into the charger.

Not sure why, but this has switched me from Cable Charging to Fast Charging numerous times, with just one attempt. Would be curious if this works for others.
Yea,, it worked with me for a while,, then I changed the cable and all was fixed

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue. Try disconnecting the USB cable from the charger but keep the charger plugged into the outlet. It worked for me. That's a defect that's for sure.

Ghostfacehallik

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
Have you guys try this?

Guys I was having the same issue with the charger that came with the phone, sometime is fast charging and other just regular, I found a work around, if you plug the phone to the cable and is not fast charging, leave the cable plug to the phone, unplug the cable from power terminal and then plug it back in, it will start charging fast, the key is not to remove the cable from the phone and the leave power connected to the outlet, only removing the cable from the terminal, I thought my cable was bad, but found that works around. Let me know if it work for you

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Hey, i was surfing the net and came across this thread. I tried the above solution and it worked 4 me. I will be buying another cable to see if it works as well. I have a T-Mobile Note 5 and i think they have pushed out 2-3 updates since I bought the device. I know fast charging was working when i bought the phone....

-GFH

Ham98

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
My note 4 Does not seem to fast charge when it goes completely flat I am using the genuine Samsung fast wall charger and cable It seems to be fast when it charges from about 15% any Ideas Thanks ?

Lsantiago4

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
I had the same problem when I bought the note 5 but in time its getting worse now when I plugged it in sometimes it doesn't even charge any help?

jp5five

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I've been having the same problem and my work around was to unplug then plug a few times or until it shows 'Fast Charging'. Sometimes it will say 'Charging' and i'll come back 10 minutes later without a change in status. It's a software glitch or something.

Dhanikz

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site
My note 5 fast charges fine. My friend had this fast charge issue. Wanted me to take a look at it.
From what I gathered it's a cable issue. He used the default cable. And Both wired and wireless fast charge didn't work. Hit or miss. Then we tried the cable from his tab S which had a much thicker cable and it worked every time. Not sure how or why because at the time his tab came out this version of fast charge wasn't even available. But it worked

brok85

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
hi everyone,
I have a Note 5 with t-mobile. I would like to give you my experience to clarify some aspect of fast charging.

First, it is true that fast charging works only when the battery is low. However, NO MATTER THE STATUS OF THE BATTERY when you plug the charger, the notification MUST say fast charge anyway, even if the voltage used to charge is closer to a normal charge. Therefore, if you plug the charger and the notification does not say "fast charge enabled", no matter the charge level of the battery, then there is definitively something wrong!

Second, as many of you in this tread have experienced, I had to plug and unplug the connector many times before getting the fast charging recognized. After doing some troubleshooting I finally found out that the real problem, in my case, whas neither the charger nor the connection in the device. The real problem is the cable! Indeed after changing ONLY the cable for another cable (not even a samsung cable...a general USB cable to connect smartphones), the fast charging is recognized anytime I plug the charger in.

I hope these info help you!!!!

Jalil Ehsas

Nov 23, 2015
Visit site
Had that happen a few times as well.

Posted from my Beast Galaxy Note 5

DEVICE HISTORY (since they got smart)
PHONES: Galaxy Nexus, LG viper, Galaxy s3, HTC Evo 4g, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy s5, LG G-Flex, Galaxy Mega 6.3, Galaxy s6 edge, Galaxy Note 5. TABLETS: Galaxy Note 10.1 gt-n8013, Galaxy tab 3 7.0. WATCH: Galaxy gear

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000