Note 5 not always fast charging

anon(9228075)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem.

If you have access to another white samsung cord from an old phone, a s4 or 3, doesn't matter, just needs to be the thicker one. You can see its noticeably thicker than the cord that came with the note 5.

Fast charges every time.

Posted via the Android Central App

Elagra_81

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
I had the note 5 for a week on AT&T and then switched to T-mobile and got a different note 5. I have noticed this on both versions. When I plug the phone into the charger that came with it, it doesn't always fast charge. I have to unplug it and plug it back in a few times until it finally says fast charge. What's going on? It's not a huge deal because I generally just charge at night so it doesn't matter how fast. But sometimes, especially after work, if I'm going out again I would like to charge it up quickly and it doesn't seem to be working reliably.

I have the same problem too at the beginning it used to fast charge then sometimes it does and sometimes it does not now it doesn't fast charge at all

linzgeneral

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I have been extremely frustrated with fast charging on my Note 5. Before it was just inconsistent. Now for the past month and a half, I won't fast charge at all. I gave given up and just use the normal charger. Even some of the older Samsung fast charge cables for say like the Note 4, don't seem to work at all.

TV417

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem too at the beginning it used to fast charge then sometimes it does and sometimes it does not now it doesn't fast charge at all

I used the fast charger head and my old cable from my S4 and now it fast charges everytime. There is something wrong with the cable they are including in the packaging.

stoneraider1

Dec 5, 2015
Visit site
I had the note 5 for a week on AT&T and then switched to T-mobile and got a different note 5. I have noticed this on both versions. When I plug the phone into the charger that came with it, it doesn't always fast charge. I have to unplug it and plug it back in a few times until it finally says fast charge. What's going on? It's not a huge deal because I generally just charge at night so it doesn't matter how fast. But sometimes, especially after work, if I'm going out again I would like to charge it up quickly and it doesn't seem to be working reliably.

kahmoi12345

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
I am about to send mine to Samsung. They pay the shipping label to and from them and fix it for free.. They will fix it for free because it is under there 1 year manufacturer warranty. I didn't even bother going though Verizon to get it fixed. Just call Samsung up and they will help everyone out. Plus the phone hasn't even been out for a year I don't think, so every one should still be within warranty. I hope this helps someone out! God bless!

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
It's the cable,, it's to thin, after a while it gets fried. Look at the 5 cable compared to the 4, 4 cable is twice as thick.

Austin Ashley

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Note 5 not always fast charging as because of the in box cable

Guys it's not the wall charger but he Charging cable given by Samsung along with it.

Even used to face the same problem with the Samsung USB Cable, so now I am using a Micro USB Flat Fast Charging Cable and it charges instantly almost 75% in an hour.

jessnh

Dec 11, 2015
Visit site
Cam everyone post their carrier and if their phone is the same carrier, please?

I havent posted here before but after doing a google search as to why my brand new note 5 wont charge fast or hold a charge, i came across here whoch tells me this is a problem.

Mine started a few days after getting it. It charged super fast n held a charge super long. Now, it draines within 2 hours n the charge cant keep up with consumption n says my screen is the culprit but that cant be the case when its off, which i now turn it off while it charges but regardless of how long its off n charging, its slow, like 2% after an hour! It will only show fast charging at random but it disappears within seconds. It wont go above 25%, even with an overnight charge. I dont want to have the hassle of returning it but im sure its faulty.

DanCruz

Dec 12, 2015
Visit site
saerch this in youtube: watch?v=fDOai3zqcYk

Checking this one fixed my problem. Turned out to have the same gold thing missing when I looked at my cable. i replaced my cable with a new one and now i don't experience having to keep on re-plugging my wall charger/ port.

cinn12

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
Hi, totally agree with DanCruz. I just had this happen to me today with my Edge +. My phone was charging 1% every half hour. I went online and watched this Youtube video from a guy having the same problem. He discovered the issue and his resolution totally worked for me. Basically if you look inside the part of the charger that goes into the phone, there are tiny gold colored prongs inside. If one of them is missing you're phone will barely charge. I had a bunch of those usb phone chargers around so I looked for one with all the prongs. I plugged that one into the fast charger and it worked!

Joe Fares1

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site

donkeyteeth0406

Dec 14, 2015
Visit site
Verizon, Note 5. Purchased in October. Same problem as everyone else here with rapid charging.
I contacted Samsung....via chat. They did not offer any suggestions as to a software problem. They stated everything was up to date on the phone, but they suggested to return the charging cable with the rapid charging plug. They will look at it and decide if it's the charger/cable and replace it if that is what the problem is.
Perhaps they know something is wrong with the cable....we'll see what they do...replace it or not.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000