Note 5 vs iPhone 6s

DX9

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Re: Aggravated with iOS /Android back and forth

iPhone isn't for everyone like Android isn't for everyone. My mother was in the market for a new phone and she asked me what to get. I told her iPhone. It's simple to use. My mother in law asked the same thing. I said iPhone. They are older women coming from a Pay As You Go cheap phone that you can't do a thing on. They are happy as anything with their iPhones. They are simple to use and work perfectly out of the box.

I really do like iOS but I love Android. I like being able to download a song, movie etc and watch right on my phone. I like having the freedom to download a ring tone or notification right from Zedge and not having to hook my damn phone to iTunes to convert it and sync it. I like being able to place my icons anywhere I want, change my icons, edit the name of the icons have real widgets and make my home screen easily accessible to my liking. I love the non intrusive calling bar while in an app or doing an email and not having my entire screen pause and have a call take up the entire screen. Yes I love my Note 5. Yes I'm extremely happy with it coming from the iPhone 6S Plus. I love my wireless fast charge and yes the phone kicks ***. :)

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Well my first smartphone I played with was an iPhone, but I bought an Android.

Now I just got my mom on a smartphone 3 months ago. I got her on an Android because she has an Android tablet and already knows Android, she just didn't know she knew it lol

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site

Well my first smartphone I played with was an iPhone, but I bought an Android.

Now I just got my mom on a smartphone 3 months ago. I got her on an Android because she has an Android tablet and already knows Android, she just didn't know she knew it lol
I did the same thing for my dad. I got him a Galaxy S3 and he loved the phone. Would not switch to anything else. Has had the S4 and now the S5. He also has a Galaxy Tab. He loves that too. He doesn't see the point in getting the iPhone or iPad. He thinks they are too expensive.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

I kind of think like your dad does lol.

I also like getting new phones, I generally switch out at least once a year. In the last 1.5 years, I've had the Note 3, Note 4, S5, S6 Edge and now the Note 5. You can't do that with iPhone.

Oh and add the Nexus 5, got one of those a few weeks ago.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site

I kind of think like your dad does lol.

I also like getting new phones, I generally switch out at least once a year. In the last 1.5 years, I've had the Note 3, Note 4, S5, S6 Edge and now the Note 5. You can't do that with iPhone.
True, but you don't really need to do it with the iPhone either.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

But it isn't a lot of new coming out though. The one thing I like better about iPhone is direct updates, but all the features.. I get them before my sister does.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site

One of my frustrations has been that every Note smartphone has been a good two year phone. I got the first Note when it was released. If I had stuck with the Note series, I would have gone from the Note 1, to the 3, and now the Note 5. It would have three devices in 5 years instead of 40. And I would have saved a ton of money. Ended up in the same place, just with a lighter wallet. SMH

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site

But it isn't a lot of new coming out though. The one thing I like better about iPhone is direct updates, but all the features.. I get them before my sister does.
I don't even concern myself with the updates anymore because Google now updates its apps independent from the operating system. That's all I care about. And I feel like the Note 5 already has all of the features I want.

Android Curious

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site

I have heard that often. What is it that you hate about iTunes?
I don't find the whole iTunes "sync" process to be very user friendly. More importantly, I don't like that I HAVE TO use iTunes to add music or ringtones or movies to my device. I would much rather drag and drop and be done with it. I actually stopped adding external files to my phone a couple of iPhones ago because I refuse to use iTunes. This is a huge reason for my curiosity about Android.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Oh I did all the Notes. I generally sell my previous one when the new one comes out and I always would get my new one at a good contract price. We had two dumb phones on our plan I could use their upgrades. I got my Note 2 for $85 my Note 3 for free, my S5 for $1 and my Note 4 for $150 and sold all of them for $300 and more.

Now with the contract priced going away, that ability is gone.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

I did the same thing for my dad. I got him a Galaxy S3 and he loved the phone. Would not switch to anything else. Has had the S4 and now the S5. He also has a Galaxy Tab. He loves that too. He doesn't see the point in getting the iPhone or iPad. He thinks they are too expensive.

My dad still has a flip phone. I got him a smartphone a few years ago, he had it two days before I had to replace it. I'll never have to worry about converting him to Android or teaching him about I anything. 😂😂

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site

I don't find the whole iTunes "sync" process to be very user friendly. More importantly, I don't like that I HAVE TO use iTunes to add music or ringtones or movies to my device. I would much rather drag and drop and be done with it. I actually stopped adding external files to my phone a couple of iPhones ago because I refuse to use iTunes. This is a huge reason for my curiosity about Android.
I understand. I'm glad that Android works for you.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

I don't even concern myself with the updates anymore because Google now updates its apps independent from the operating system. That's all I care about. And I feel like the Note 5 already has all of the features I want.

Doze on Marshmallow is great. It has worked very well on my Nexus 5. I'm looking forward to it on my Note 5.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site

My dad still has a flip phone. I got him a smartphone a few years ago, he had it two days before I had to replace it. I'll never have to worry about converting him to Android or teaching him about I anything. 😂😂
Good for him. Flip phones are from a simpler time. I remember when I used to actually call people and the battery would last a week. And I could drop my iphone a million times and not care because it was built like a tank and it only cost $50.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

LG is supposed to be coming out with a flip phone running Lollipop. I'm interested in that for my step father. Big screen and I can put direct dial icons on his screen so he can see those better than scrolling through contacts.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site

LG is supposed to be coming out with a flip phone running Lollipop. I'm interested in that for my step father. Big screen and I can put direct dial icons on his screen so he can see those better than scrolling through contacts.
That's going to be nice for the older population.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

Good for him. Flip phones are from a simpler time. I remember when I used to actually call people and the battery would last a week. And I could drop my iphone a million times and not care because it was built like a tank and it only cost $50.

Yep. He's the cheapest phone on my account. He doesn't do Internet or texting. He just wants to be able to call. He's also the only one on the account who can keep his phone two years or more.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site

Yep. He's the cheapest phone on my account. He doesn't do Internet or texting. He just wants to be able to call. He's also the only one on the account who can keep his phone two years or more.
I remember my first cellphone was a Nokia. AT&T had to call me to ask me if I wanted to upgrade my phone. Before they called, it hadn't occurred to me.