Note 5 vs Note 4 discussion

If they had been released at the same time, would you get a Note 4 or Note 5?

• Total voters

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
@russel5150 you are wrong about the camera being about the same, yes they are both 16mp but the N4 camera is a f2.2 and the N5 is a f1.9 which makes a he'll of a difference, also the processing software is much improved on the N5 over the N4.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Not really. The cameras ARE nearly the same. They are the same sensor with only an aperture difference and the difference between f/2.2 and f/1.9 is only 0.423 stops, which means that the lens can allow approximately 1.3x times more light. This will result in only slightly better pics in low light. Some custom ROMs for the Note 4 have tweaked the camera software so even the most expert eye probably would not be able to see the difference in side by side pics. The cameras are so closely matched it definitely is not worth spending hundreds more dollars IMO.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Note 4 because it will have longer battery life. It will be a lot cheaper too. I dont care if it's plastic or metal, i will put a case on it anyway. The glass back is very slippery and fingerprinty that it is nearly impossible to hold without using a case. The note 4's plastic is a lot better

Posted via the Android Central App

- The Note 4 does not have longer battery life than the Note 5
- The glass does not make it nearly impossible to hold, rather people have been saying its much easier to hold than the Note 4 because of the curved back
- According to the majority, the glass is better than the plastic

Carrtman

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
- The Note 4 does not have longer battery life than the Note 5
- The glass does not make it nearly impossible to hold, rather people have been saying its much easier to hold than the Note 4 because of the curved back
- According to the majority, the glass is better than the plastic
3.200 > 3.000 mha

Plus removable battery means instant 0 to 100 %. No matter what Samsung and their sheep's want us to believe. Lying always takes two one person not telling the truth and the other person not realising threat I they've been lied to.

Also only a 2k screen, same cpu as the s6 instead of the sd 820 beast is disappointing.

The note 4 will soon cost around 400 bucks of contract and offers more features like sd, removable battery, ir blaster, mlh. Apple has to be dancing right now ... Also I wish Samsung would stop mentioning the competition, just show of what the thing can do and stop that comparison crap.

Funny that they won't bring it to Europe lol

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
3.200 > 3.000 mha

Plus removable battery means instant 0 to 100 %. No matter what Samsung and their sheep's want us to believe.
The funny thing is that, I saw another ad from sammy for s6, using the exact theme of previous "wallhugger", but boldly claim that wireless charging somehow is not "wallhugging", as if the wireless stand doesn't need to be plugged in anywhere.

I think sammy is losing its mind, lol.

robertopod1968

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
3.200 > 3.000 mha

Plus removable battery means instant 0 to 100 %. No matter what Samsung and their sheep's want us to believe. Lying always takes two one person not telling the truth and the other person not realising threat I they've been lied to.

Also only a 2k screen, same cpu as the s6 instead of the sd 820 beast is disappointing.

The note 4 will soon cost around 400 bucks of contract and offers more features like sd, removable battery, ir blaster, mlh. Apple has to be dancing right now ... Also I wish Samsung would stop mentioning the competition, just show of what the thing can do and stop that comparison crap.

071b42effb7d532c046579af3512336f.jpg

I don't care what size the battery is. It's lasting me a long time. Look at mha or look at results. If someone's not buying it because it has a slightly smaller battery, then they are doing themselves a disservice. If it's because of the SD card or ir blaster, I get it. If it's because the battery can't be removed then that might be a non issue with the improved battery life. Everything else is also an improvement.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
The funny thing is that, I saw another ad from sammy for s6, using the exact theme of previous "wallhugger", but boldly claim that wireless charging somehow is not "wallhugging", as if the wireless stand doesn't need to be plugged in anywhere.

I think sammy is losing its mind, lol.

This is just my opinion on wireless charging, but I'd rather plug a phone in and be able to use it at the same time than it have to sit on a base. I can't wait til phones can charge by proximity though. That will be amazing. Just be in the same room as the charging base. No need to sit it down on a base.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm doing more than voting. I'm buying a note 4 now while they last. I waited to see note 5 specs. Nothing about it I like. Looks? I use a case. Faster? No it won't be. Better screen? No. Bigger battery? No. Ir blaster? No. Cdma extra radio? No.

I don't care about marginally better camera nor fingerprint scanner nor samsung pay. Never use any of them. I use a Nikon when I want to take photos. I use phone when I don't care about quality of snapshot.

Does the s6 edge plus have an ir blaster? I don't really care about s pen.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
If they were released at the same time, would you buy a Note 4 or Note 5?

Don't like buying laggy last gen Samsung touchwiz phone. Don't care about removable battery, sd card. Like the new design though would have like at least 3500 mah battery. Unfortunately life of a Samsung phone is short lived because of their ****ty software and I change phones frequent so buying the Note 5 and enjoy it until the S7 releases.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
3.200 > 3.000 mha

- Bigger battery size does not mean the phone will automatically last longer

- And you say only a 2K screen? Did you expect a 10k screen? lol 2K is still pretty new, and the Exynos 7420 is already a powerhouse processor. It's probably one of the best processors out now tbh...it could possible be better than the SD 820 who knows

- All those features you mentioned are minor features to the majority of people. Samsung is just trying to make everything wireless, which will eventually be the norm in the coming years, so you better get used to it

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm doing more than voting. I'm buying a note 4 now while they last. I waited to see note 5 specs. Nothing about it I like. Looks? I use a case. Faster? No it won't be. Better screen? No. Bigger battery? No. Ir blaster? No. Cdma extra radio? No.

I don't care about marginally better camera nor fingerprint scanner nor samsung pay. Never use any of them. I use a Nikon when I want to take photos. I use phone when I don't care about quality of snapshot.

Does the s6 edge plus have an ir blaster? I don't really care about s pen.

IR blasters are dead. Who's still including them?

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Not really. The cameras ARE nearly the same. They are the same sensor with only an aperture difference and the difference between f/2.2 and f/1.9 is only 0.423 stops, which means that the lens can allow approximately 1.3x times more light. This will result in only slightly better pics in low light. Some custom ROMs for the Note 4 have tweaked the camera software so even the most expert eye probably would not be able to see the difference in side by side pics. The cameras are so closely matched it definitely is not worth spending hundreds more dollars IMO.

Nearly the same still isn't the same.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
IR blasters are dead. Who's still including them?

As long as I use them they're not dead to me! If it were added would people complain? How about fm radio? I miss that too!

S6 edge has one. Is that "outdated"?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
As long as I use them they're not dead to me! If it were added would people complain? How about fm radio? I miss that too!

Let me rephrase.

IR blasters not being included in new devices for a reason.

As long as you have it in your current device, it's not dead.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
IR blasters are dead? Really? Just stop.

Posted via the Android Central App

Samsung didn't care to add it to their new high-end phones.

Maybe "dead" was too harsh.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
After seeing and holding the Note 5 today at Best Best I was even more relieved that I have a Note 4. The glass back with the camera hemorrhaging out of it doesn't look better than the Note 4's back to me. The sales guy of course felt that he had to try to educate and flirt but didn't even have his facts straight.

from the Elegance

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
After seeing and holding the Note 5 today at Best Best I was even more relieved that I have a Note 4. The glass back with the camera hemorrhaging out of it doesn't look better than the Note 4's back to me. The sales guy of course felt that he had to try to educate and flirt but didn't even have his facts straight.

from the Elegance
Really? I think the Note 5 is a gorgeous device.

Samsung Galaxy S6 - Black - 32GB - AT&T
Speck Candyshell
ZAGG Tempered Glass

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Really? I think the Note 5 is a gorgeous device.

Samsung Galaxy S6 - Black - 32GB - AT&T
Speck Candyshell
ZAGG Tempered Glass
I'm sure some will agree with you. The S6's back didn't appeal to me so of course the Note's wouldn't. I was excited to see the Note 5 in person but the look is not my thing. Those that have it or like it, great! Maybe the look will grow on me.

from the Elegance

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
accessibilitys91