Note 7 OEM S Pens for $5.00

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I figured $7 was a low gamble and bought one from that link. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that some of these were being sold by people like the guy in the Verizon store who went through everything in my box twice, to make sure it was all there.
Yup, making money off everyone that they told, they had to return all accessories..
Should start seeing chargers for sale soon, spare S-pen tips, adapters and headphones that came back unopened

blackhemi4x4

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Not a bad price at all. I'm one of the ones who got to keep my old s-pen.

For those retailers refusing to accept just the phone, just let them know this isn't being treated like a buyers remorse return. It's like a warranty replacement. All they need is the phone.

It's a recalled product. Nobody is expecting everyone to have kept the accessories. And if they refuse, get their name, store number, and report them. If they refuse to exchange a recalled product and it did happen to catch fire, they just opened up a nice little settlement!

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
My T-mobile said return with the s-pen to make sure there's no issues. No doubt, this is some carrier employee selling these. There's probably chargers up for sale too, I would imagine from those really gullible people who turned those in.

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Now the listing is no more, but he has a new listing. Black s pen. $10 plus $2 and some change shipping. I guess he sees there is more money to be made...

JohnT3

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
My T-mobile said return with the s-pen to make sure there's no issues. No doubt, this is some carrier employee selling these. There's probably chargers up for sale too, I would imagine from those really gullible people who turned those in.
I'm not sure it's appropriate to call people gullible for doing what the carrier said. Maybe some people don't feel like making a scene or taking a stand to get an extra s pen?

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure it's appropriate to call people gullible for doing what the carrier said. Maybe some people don't feel like making a scene or taking a stand to get an extra s pen?
Or they may not want to take the chance of being charged on their bill later and having to argue with the carrier to get the charges removed. Some of us just want this recall to be over with so we can move on.

weave majjik

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Definitely a carrier rep who swindled the accessories out of customers. I imagine we will see an influx of cheaply priced things that came in the box that should have been free for us to keep in the first place.

soldier45

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
I had to order one after the one in my Note 5 got stuck after 8 months. Said Samsung on it but was cheaply made and not the actual one for about $8. It broke the first day of using it so I had to glue it back together and wasn't the same. Turned it in like that for trade in to AT&T when I ordered my Note 7. So be leary of the ones you get on Ebay not all are actual Samsung made S pens but look like them. You should order direct from Samsung if in doubt. Didn't get to keep my old one from the Note 7 turn in. But I did keep the micro usb to type C adapter extra, they missed that one.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Not the s-pen. I turned mine in too because of that. I'm referring to the charger.

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Probably a cell store that wouldn't accept exchanges without all accessories and now they're selling the accessories, because Samsung doesn't want them back.

alwilliam

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
If Chinese manufacturers can replicate an entire phone, how easy would it be for them to replicate just an S-Pen. Just sayin'.

athenatp

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
All I gave back was the phone...they didn't even check if the pen was there...I could've walked away with the phone as the customer rep who was helping me left and the manager had no clue what I was doing there....I had to personally hand him the phone and tell him it's the blow up one....but I made sure I got a receipt that I gave it back from the CSR.

justin1578

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
Hmm. Normally I'm not a person that insists on OEM, but with the water resistant feature the note 7 I would lean towards OEM and having to know 100% it is. There is not much info provided on the listing and $5 raises a red flag for me since its a month old note 7 item. Even if they were from the recalled units they are not new unused then.

IMG_0049.JPG

bluesboy77

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site
So I guess all the counter jockeys at the cell phone stores are now making some extra cash selling all the accessories they demanded be returned with the esploded phones. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz