Note 7 Owners club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosesrread1

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
I uninstalled for that same reason. Then I saw a YouTube video explaining how to customize. I reinstalled it and really like it now.

https://youtu.be/j7BxYldSzjo

You can customize it to be transparent if you'd like. I also use one of my gallery photos on the lock screen instead of those that come with good lock . You can change everything. I use inbox instead of Gmail so KEEP on the menu I find very familiar and useful. I wasn't certain if it was Verizon or Samsung that changed my symbols next to the green battery.They're sold white now . Which works much better for me, it's a lot easier to see. On another note - I'm sure many already know that it seems a new note exploded on a plane, smoke throughout, causing evacuation. It occurred just before take off. From what I just saw on the news it actually was a replaced, safe, note 7. I sincerely hope it's someone creative enough who kept their original note & somehow found a way to change the battery color to green. But I highly doubt that's the case . If anyone hears more about this please post. Another recall I'm not doing. Regardless of my loyalty & love of the Note. Don't know what I'd do other than be very depressed!

Rosesrread1

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Yes, my GN7 on Verizon just updated with a new lock screen, but it also turned the whole notification menu purple?!?

I actually think the new Samsung Notes app is a good start (beta), but def needs a web version or sync to Evernote to be really effective

With the new note app when pinned to a home screen I like that it lets you scroll through the note without opening it. I found that but accident with Mr first note. And with more than one pinned they stack similar to that on the open tabs. ... News again just now on the exploding note. I have tv on. It's being investigated. Again, they said it was a safe note. I HOPE NOT!!!!!

Rosesrread1

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
I just heard the words another possible recall. I'm not going to post anything else about this. It's upsetting to everyone im sure. And this is a new occurrence that needs to be investigated. All I know for certain is that at this moment it does appear to be a new note.

Rosesrread1

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Also with SNote for anyone who might not know, once pinned to a home screen when u open it you can swipe diagonally from upper left corner to bottom right, turning it into a pop up window. Then u can minimize that to a floating bubble that works like any other floating bubble . Although lacking the link to action (that I hope is brought back) I think it has many great features. Being able to scroll through it without opening the pinned note is very cool. Especially if you don't want others seeing the note.

Rosesrread1

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Yes, my GN7 on Verizon just updated with a new lock screen, but it also turned the whole notification menu purple?!?

I actually think the new Samsung Notes app is a good start (beta), but def needs a web version or sync to Evernote to be really effective

My note 4 had sync to Evernote. I assumed the 7 would as well . I'll see if I can find a way.

Jona005

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
simply hearing that words "CPSC opens investigation" regarding this latest note 7 meltdown makes me wonder if anyone will be allowed to be a Note 7 owner in a few months.

treedabl

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I just heard the words another possible recall. I'm not going to post anything else about this. It's upsetting to everyone im sure. And this is a new occurrence that needs to be investigated. All I know for certain is that at this moment it does appear to be a new note.
Where did you hear this?

Rosesrread1

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Supposedly he had been using it and turned it off just before takeoff. As soon as it was turned off the was an explosion or a pop, then smoked filled the entire plane. It was a full flight.

Rosesrread1

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
The report of a fire or a possible new recall? I have not heard anything about a new recall.

There wouldn't be any thought of recalls until they investigate exactly what happened. I heard those words but they weren't talking about a recall happening now , they were saying that if new notes explode as this one seemed to samsung would be in the midst of another recall.

treedabl

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Supposedly he had been using it and turned it off just before takeoff. As soon as it was turned off the was an explosion or a pop, then smoked filled the entire plane. It was a full flight.
I'm aware of the incident, but nobody has said anything about a new recall. Just making sure I didn't miss something. This may fall within the statistical probability of a lithium ion battery failure. Of course it would draw more attention due to it being a Note 7 but hopefully there won't be a need for another recall.

Rosesrread1

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm aware of the incident, but nobody has said anything about a new recall. Just making sure I didn't miss something. This may fall within the statistical probability of a lithium ion battery failure. Of course it would draw more attention due to it being a Note 7 but hopefully there won't be a need for another recall.

I really hope you're right. I just posted a link to an article.

Rosesrread1

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
If we get another formal recall I will not get this phone again. I love it but that would change it for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.