Note 7 Pre Orders

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Called Best Buy and asked when they was gonna start taking pre Orders for the Samsung Note 7.
They have got no notifications on when Samsung might release the phone. So they do not know when they are gonna start taking pre Orders.

I thought Samsung was gonna release the note 7 on August 2nd.
That is like in 2 weeks.

What's Up with everything.

The Misfit is Here

May 5, 2011
Visit site
They are going to announce it on August 2nd. We don't know when they'll start selling it. I would assune they aren't going to open up pre orders until an offical announcement.

Posted via the Android Central App

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
When was the last time you saw Pre-orders taken before something was actually introduced? Once Samsung has it's big day in New York and the actual phone has been introduced and the specs are real and not just a bunch of rumors, then the Carriers will probably start doing pre-orders. I am (im)patiently waiting too - don't worry, you're not alone!

PlaybookFanatic

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Well there are reports of it launching day 1, which would be nice. With that said.

These companies find out very last minute when they will start to take pre-orders....IF they even go that route. That's completely a manufacturer thing. Folks used to ask me all the time at Sprint, and we'd genuinely be clueless until about a week out.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
There is no way the Note 7 will be available on the 2nd. :-\
I'm guessing the middle or end of the month with pre-orders starting on the 2nd. :cool:

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
thats what sammobile has stated

they want to market the note 7 for the olympics so they want it available as soon as possible.

I never do pre orders and like to wait at least a couple weeks before it's out just to see what kind of issues people are having with the device. Plus on release day not very many cases for the phone. I would think they would have the defender available on release day but even then sometimes some of the places don't and I'm not about to clunk down 700 bucks on a phone and walk out with no case and end up breaking the glass on it getting into my car. I'll probably order a generic otterbox knock off on Amazon or some kind of case a few days before i go to the store in case they don't have any cases in stock yet.

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
No, I've never seen a Note shortage. :p

I have. The note 5, mine was defective, and the was tough to find the black 64mb version to get a replacement. I stumbled on one, and they held it for me to come get it. On the other hand that is in the city. In further out rural areas, they have had no supply issues, significantly less demand. (Corp AT&T stores)

On the other hand, I will never do pre-orders again. Last time I tried, it was 4 days after release when I got my phone, when I could have walked into a store and picked it up release day.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I have. The note 5, mine was defective, and the was tough to find the black 64mb version to get a replacement. I stumbled on one, and they held it for me to come get it. On the other hand that is in the city. In further out rural areas, they have had no supply issues, significantly less demand. (Corp AT&T stores)

On the other hand, I will never do pre-orders again. Last time I tried, it was 4 days after release when I got my phone, when I could have walked into a store and picked it up release day.

That was the 64gb model though. It always seems harder to find cell phone models such as the 64gb versions in stores it seems. I guess retailers don't like carrying a large stock of them because of the heavier price tag most people don't want to buy them. If the Note 7 has a SD card slot I Would see no reason to spend the extra $$ for a 64gb model if they have one. When I had the Note 5 the 32gb was just fine for me.

PlaybookFanatic

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site

YUPPPPP! I don't believe in pre-orders. Mainly because it doesn't let you use trade-in value towards the balance. Sigh.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I hear a lot of stories about how pre orders a lot of times you don't get it on release day. I just don't understand why someone can't wait a week to get a new device. Like the schmucks who sit outside 12 hours to get the newest Ipad or iphone. Even if they run out it's not like it will take months to get it in. I bought the S7 only a few days after it came out. I called and they were out, and said they had a shipment coming in the next day UPS. I called and went later in the day and got a new S7.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site

When I pre-ordered my S7 edge for Verizon, I got it the day before stores started selling them. I'll gladly do another pre-order again.

Posted via the Android Central App on the S7 edge

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
When I pre-ordered my S7 edge for Verizon, I got it the day before stores started selling them. I'll gladly do another pre-order again.

Posted via the Android Central App on the S7 edge

Did you get to play with a demo model first before ordering? No way I'd do that without first getting to see what the phone is like. Does Best Buy sometimes have a demo model before the phone goes on sale?

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Did you get to play with a demo model first before ordering? No way I'd do that without first getting to see what the phone is like. Does Best Buy sometimes have a demo model before the phone goes on sale?

Yes, Best Buy is you best chance to play with the phone on display. Or you can check the carrier stores but Best Buy always seems to have the displays sooner.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
This wouldn't be the first time pre-orders began so soon after the unveiling. The Note5, S6e+ and S7 did have their pre-orders open pretty soon after the unveiling.

If Samsung or any retailer gives me an enticing promo for pre-orders, then I might jump the gun and pre-order the device.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Yes, Best Buy is you best chance to play with the phone on display. Or you can check the carrier stores but Best Buy always seems to have the displays sooner.

the only thing I hate about demo models they usually are not in the best condition and are boggled down and have the security stuff attached to it to keep people from stealing it which makes it a pain to play around with the phone fully.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjhe29