Note 8 AND iPhone 8/X

ezeuzo1

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
I have an S8+ but did pick up a IP8+ yesterday, I usually have both and have had the 7+ for much of this year. I like the 8+ a lot, yes it is pretty much the same design with a glass back but it is a great phone imo.

I do think that apple have jumped the shark to a degree under TC and that things would have been different if SJ was still there e.g. I'm not convinced that SJ would have signed off on the plus phones but if he did I'm pretty sure we would not have had to wait the best part of 4 years for a 1 handed keyboard! I also do not think he would have allowed the same design to be recycled 4 years running either. As for the notch, and dropping touch ID, no chance!

Having said that if you made me choose just one I'd probably still go iOS.

Though I never knew or met SJ, I totally agree with you. I don't think he would have ever signed off on the "top notch" iPhone or the dilution of focus with all the different versions of the iPhone. But TC isn't SJ. Gotta let him do him.

Thanks for the input guys. If I do get an iPhone it would be the X.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
The point isn't specifically being able to edit or export a video, it's that the iphone can do processor intensive tasks faster. I don't play games on my phone, but others do, so faster load times is something that a person who plays games on their phone might appreciate for that or any other intensive task.
To me it's like dimming sideview mirrors or AC seats in your car. If you've never had a car with them, you wouldn't know what you're missing out 'em.
I'm not trying to persuade anyone to buy an iPhone, I prefer android and the N8. Webos like gestures, the camera and the A11 Bionic chip (like I initially metioned) are why I would consider using both phones.

I don't know why you're arguing with me about this in a Note 8 forum. If you edit videos and want to export them quickly, get the iPhone 8 Plus then.

But like I said, most people will not notice the difference in day-to-day tasks. I'm not a heavy, graphically-intensive user so I really don't care.

nrvna76

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I gotta say I love that most of you folks that post here are not completely biased to one side. That is not the case on many forums in my experience. I enjoy reading the debates about each platform while I sit uncomfortably on the fence...

jjinal

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
I gotta say I love that most of you folks that post here are not completely biased to one side. That is not the case on many forums in my experience. I enjoy reading the debates about each platform while I sit uncomfortably on the fence...
I'm with you. I had the iPhone 6+ and Note 4 for a year, the 6s+ and Note 5 for a year and now I have a 7+ and S8+. I choose to not choose between the two. Yeah, that's actually a choice.

nrvna76

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm with you. I had the iPhone 6+ and Note 4 for a year, the 6s+ and Note 5 for a year and now I have a 7+ and S8+. I choose to not choose between the two. Yeah, that's actually a choice.

Haha. Maybe for some.. I’m not sure the wife is going to give me permission to buy any new tech this year. Let alone keep multiples.

Last edited:

blaine07

Trusted Member
Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Haha. Maybe for some.. I’m not sure the wife is going to give me permission to buy any new tech this year. Let alone keep multiples.
Easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. Tell her you were trying to see how much total it cost with shipping and next thing you know it was shipping with no cancel button. lol

Merkitten

Oct 4, 2016
Visit site
Tell me what other phone can record in 4k at 60fps or HD at 240fps using the latest HVEC/HEIF codec that reduces media file size by 50% without loss of quality. The new iPhones will also be able to use AF tracking and OIS simultaneously at 4k? I think thats progress. My N8 can't even play 4k 60fps YouTube videos without looking like a slide show.

Try watching this video at the highest resolution on your N8. Watch it struggle.

https://youtu.be/tO01J-M3g0U

goddamn you. lol.

nah, i still love my Note 8, but that does kind of suck. i thought of getting the iphone x just for the fun of it, but im just not sure its worth the hassle of switching phones all the time. Still deciding.

nrvna76

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. Tell her you were trying to see how much total it cost with shipping and next thing you know it was shipping with no cancel button. lol

Haha. Thank you for this advice. I will take it under consideration.

Jrome.brooks

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Yes I have the exynos version of the note 8 so maybe I'll get an upgrade soon.

I still have my 7 plus and will probably end up getting the 8 plus as I'm totally unimpressed with the X and it's price tag. But I will wait and see when we hear more about the X and then work out which iPhone to buy this year. Im going to keep my note 8 too.
How do you know that you have the exynos version

Dominator81

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I don't know why you're arguing with me about this in a Note 8 forum. If you edit videos and want to export them quickly, get the iPhone 8 Plus then.

But like I said, most people will not notice the difference in day-to-day tasks. I'm not a heavy, graphically-intensive user so I really don't care.

It's a forum about having/using both phones. I don't understand why you need to counter my points and minimize them by saying "most people will not notice" because you don't care... You're the one arguing.

laestrella

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I have both a Note 8 and an iPhone 8 Plus and a Pixel XL. T-Mobile JOD along with Digits helps makes things much easier. I'm enjoying not having to choose.

thecaringkind

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I usually have an Android flagship phone and an iPhone. Right now rocking the Note 8 and an iPhone 7Plus. The Note 8 is my primary an be the iPhone is my backup. I have no interest in upgrading to the iPhone 8 or X at the moment though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63