Note 8 poor battery life?

TechKomm

Oct 15, 2016
Visit site
Umm. I'm getting a whole days worth and I am a pretty normal user. Coming from the Note 5, this phone is killer in battery! It just lasts so long.

Guyinbox

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I think every review I've seen has mentioned getting around 4 hrs screen on time, so this is probably what you're going to get without changing your usage patterns or your settings.

shuklat

Sep 23, 2017
Visit site
Hi everybody,

I wanted to share with you some of my experience related to the Note 8. Moreover, it would be nice if I had some feedback from you guys.

I am using my Note 8 normally (not a heavy usage) with the following parameters :

- auto-brightness activated
- WQHD+ resolution
- Adaptive screen
- Always on Display activated
- And also high accuracy under position activated

I only manage to have around 2 hours screen on time. I found it disturbing as I keep on hearing that the SOT should be around 4.5 hours.

Is someone experiencing the same issue as mine ?

Thank you in advance !!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170923-212252.jpg
    Screenshot_20170923-212252.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 29

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Hi everybody,

I wanted to share with you some of my experience related to the Note 8. Moreover, it would be nice if I had some feedback from you guys.

I am using my Note 8 normally (not a heavy usage) with the following parameters :

- auto-brightness activated
- WQHD+ resolution
- Adaptive screen
- Always on Display activated
- And also high accuracy under position activated

I only manage to have around 2 hours screen on time. I found it disturbing as I keep on hearing that the SOT should be around 4.5 hours.

Is someone experiencing the same issue as mine ?

Thank you in advance !!
I am getting around 4 to 5 hours SOT sometimes better. Generally getting 16+ hours on a charge. I don't baby my battery during the day. I have media on a lot. I am very satisfied with my battery performance.

shuklat

Sep 23, 2017
Visit site
I am getting around 4 to 5 hours SOT sometimes better. Generally getting 16+ hours on a charge. I don't baby my battery during the day. I have media on a lot. I am very satisfied with my battery performance.

Thank you for your answer. It is really annoying me that I do not have the same SOT as the majority of people. I'm thinking the phone has maybe a battery problem.

pault8084

Sep 15, 2017
Visit site

I'm getting similar performance. Haven't had to charge during the day

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed that the battery doesn't tend to do standby well compared to other phones, but when you're using it it does extremely well. I've been taking my phone off charger at 6 am, getting 4-5 screen time, and putting it back on charger at 11 pm with 30-50% remaining. The one thing that's a little wonky is the sunlight brightness. When it kicks on that extra brightness it kills the battery.

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Re:

So how do i fix the battery?so it lasts longer.what settings

If u change the location setting from high accuracy to battery saber is probably the biggest change u could make. It could be a certain app killing your battery though. Or u watching too much YouTube lol.

Anotherusr

Sep 29, 2017
Visit site
I'm trying to figure out how the first few days I had excellent battery life using my Note and gear s3 watch but than the past few days battery hasn't been so good.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170924-093545.jpg
    Screenshot_20170924-093545.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 48
  • Screenshot_20170928-174857.jpg
    Screenshot_20170928-174857.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 48
  • Screenshot_20170928-174902.jpg
    Screenshot_20170928-174902.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 48

Kingstoler

Sep 6, 2017
Visit site
I find the battery to be good. This is on high performance mode and about 70%+ brightness. All I have done is turn off auto brightness and Always on display, and in settings > WiFi > advanced I turned off adaptive WiFi and put WiFi to never be on during sleep. Before I put the phone away I tend to put all apps to sleep, still not sure how much it helps.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170928-001227.jpg
    Screenshot_20170928-001227.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 44

Peter Papoulakos

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I originally bought the unlocked note 8 for use on at&t and the battery was amazing. I would take it off the charger at 8am and use GPS for about an hour as well as Instagram in the morning and by noon my battery was at 90%. Unfortunately I had to return it as many things didn't work on AT&T like call forwarding and Wi-Fi calling. No call forwarding was a big deal so I exchanged for the AT&T variant and right of the bat battery life is horrible compared to the unlocked version. It's 11:30 and I am at 78% with 58 minutes SOT. At&t seriously does damage to the phones performance with their modifications.

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
After two weeks, my battery life has been very good, SOT approximately 6+ hours. I did tweak the settings but did not restrict the phone. I would like to have as promised by the Sammy President... "95% battery after two years". 😉

Peter Papoulakos

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Is yours unlocked or carrier branded? If carrier branded which carrier and was the battery bad at first. My unlocked phone had awesome battery from day one. The carrier one pretty bad from day one.

Anotherusr

Sep 29, 2017
Visit site
Attached I tested and the Samsung Gear 3 watch is connected over Bluetooth which apparently destroys the battery . Mind you the first picture is me using my phone pretty heavily, the second I'm lightly using it and 7-8 hours of that time is stand by whole I'm sleeping over night, so realistically it only was actually being used on and off for 9 hours or so.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170930-134852.jpg
    Screenshot_20170930-134852.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 38
  • Screenshot_20171001-161456.jpg
    Screenshot_20171001-161456.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 37

Jon Carlos Hardwick

Nov 22, 2017
Visit site
Here's what I do
Step 1: Download Greenify and Purchase the Donation Package
Turn on Agressive Doze and Auto Hibernate (Note in order to enable this feature you need to enable USB debugging and use a adb compatible Software to allow these feature to work in the app, you need connect, you need to connect your phone to a pc to do this). Also enable Greenify auto hibernate in phone accessibility.
Step 2 Clear the Cache Partition in the bios of the phone. Do this regularly to help preserve battery.
Step 3: Purchase and download the BK disabler app so you can disable bloatware and other services on your phone you don't need or use. Also Uninstall any bloatware or apps that can be uninstall out of the box.
Step 4 go to device manager and put as many apps as you can into always sleep mode (Don't worry it will only put them to sleep when you don't use them)
Tips
Tip 1: Don't use always on display
Tips 2: Use Auto Brightness.
Tips 3: Use black wall papers for your device. Black wall papers use less battery.
Do all these correctly and you can get 6-7 hours of SOT

Spencurious

Nov 27, 2017
Visit site
I thought the phone automatically put the least-used Apps into suspended mode? Mine gives me daily updates on the least used Apps it has suspended.

But my early experience of just a few days use is that the battery life is not impressive. I have push email for work, as well as WhatsApp, WeChat and Line running all day - again for work. I'm a heavy user with regular email and call use throughout the day, but have WIFI for part of the day, brightness about mid way. For me, a normal working days is around 12 hours, but the battery seems to last about 9 hours, so I need to find a top-up charge. The charging is very fast, but would be better if I could get through a whole day and just charge at night.

I could probably disable some features, but that kind of defeats the purpose of having a (very) smart phone. My last phone (Sony Z5) was no better, but my smug Apple-wielding colleagues can manage a full day of similar use on a single charge. Also, a friend with a Samsung A7, who watches Facebook Live all day - can manage 2 days on one charge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky