Note 9 Contact List

Brad Bilger

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
I can't find that contacts app is either the play store or the Galaxy store. I can find one in the Galaxy store that has that name, different icon and the publisher is someone's name.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I mean it use to be in the settings i forget the phone app or contact app and caused problems in past Samsung device syncing

Brad Bilger

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
I've told it use Google listing. Blinks. Told it to use Samsung listing, blinks. I tried a new contacts app, no blinks, but crappy app. Sigh. LOL

Brad Bilger

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
I mean it use to be in the settings i forget the phone app or contact app and caused problems in past Samsung device syncing

The only mention of the contacts app in settings is under the category "apps" and it's shown as a standard app.
I'm thinking the security update that I got in August had something to do with this.

Brad Bilger

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Oh, I was afraid you'd say that. LOL. I had to force feed my 9 updates for about a year due to some software glitch before it finally got settled down and started doing it right. Well Samsung's latest response sounds like the standard ending hoping that I'll forget all about it evidently.

"Thank you for using Samsung Members App.
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.
Please be informed that we have raised this issue to our developers for further evaluation. Once an update becomes available, we will get back to you as soon as possible.
We appreciate your patience."

We'll see. Thanks guys.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yeah if you want to try figure it out if latest update created this it's about the only way , Samsung I'm pretty don't care about support on that device at this point in time.

Brad Bilger

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Yeah if you want to try figure it out if latest update created this it's about the only way , Samsung I'm pretty don't care about support on that device at this point in time.

Ya think? LOL. I just spent about 40 minutes trying to track down which recently installed app planted a bug which caused a pop-up for several of my most frequently used apps. The bad part? The pop-up was an advertisement for an anti pop-up app. It's getting close to time to retire my 9, but it's been so good.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Ya think? LOL. I just spent about 40 minutes trying to track down which recently installed app planted a bug which caused a pop-up for several of my most frequently used apps. The bad part? The pop-up was an advertisement for an anti pop-up app. It's getting close to time to retire my 9, but it's been so good.
Lol...What would you upgrade to?

Brad Bilger

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Dunno. Not a flip I think. My phone doubles as a control screen for my drone. Something compatible with an Air 2s. Large screen. I'll have to do some research on that.
My first Samsung years ago, the salesman asked me what I was looking for. I told him "a Note 3". He looked at me and asked "Do you have ANY idea how big that phone is?" I just held my hand up and spread my fingers. (10 inches from tip of my thumb to the tip of my little finger) No further question about my choice of phones.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Dunno. Not a flip I think. My phone doubles as a control screen for my drone. Something compatible with an Air 2s. Large screen. I'll have to do some research on that.
My first Samsung years ago, the salesman asked me what I was looking for. I told him "a Note 3". He looked at me and asked "Do you have ANY idea how big that phone is?" I just held my hand up and spread my fingers. (10 inches from tip of my thumb to the tip of my little finger) No further question about my choice of phones.
Do you use S Pen often? If so you probably would want to stay with a device that has it. I'm happy with my S22 Ultra I got in February 2022. For me, Flip or Fold are out of question, since I want S Pen to have its own silo inside the phone. If Samsung introduces silo for S Pen in the next Flip or Fold, then I might be interested.

Brad Bilger

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
I've run the Note 3, 5 and 9. I don't use the pen much but it's proven invaluable for me many times. It's about 3 down on my priority list. LOL.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Look into the s22u , very solid phone with spen built in