Note 9 stuck on start up screen

Sep 21, 2021
Visit site
Help, i have a Samsung Note 9 SM-N960 which appears to be stuck on start up screen. I put my device on charge and when i went to use it the screen was unresponsive tried a range of different cables and charger hubs to which my device constantly vibrated while plugged in. i am unable to rest the device using the power and volume keys nor can i enter download mode using bixy, power and volume keys, i have also tried this via laptop USB.
Now when i plug any charger into the device it immediately flashes up the start up screen goes black then repeats. i have tried the reset and download mode steps during this loop to no avail. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2021
Visit site
hi, thanks. Yes the initial screen with the samsung logo and device model name etc Note 9 then it goes black and repeats the same screen on a loop.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I moved this from the Galaxy Note forum (for the original 1st gen Note) to the Note9 forum.

The battery might have also failed. After plugging the phone in, if pressing and holding Power for 30 seconds doesn't force a shutdown, then try pressing and holding Power and Vol Down for 30 seconds.

If you're able to force a shutdown, let the phone charge on a wall outlet undisturbed for at least 6 hours. Then try powering on again (or try booting into Recovery Mode: https://www.t-mobile.com/support/de...te9/wipe-cache-partition-samsung-galaxy-note9).

Sep 21, 2021
Visit site
All keys appear to be ineffective and it only goes into start up screen loop when a charger is plugged in, still no use of any keys though tried holding power for over 30 seconds nothing happens. When i remove from charge its black screen no response.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That's sounding more and more like a dead battery. Did you already try forcing a shutoff by pressing Power AND Vol Down for 30 seconds when it's bootlooping?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
You should take it in to authorize Samsung repair center , maybe they can help reflash the firmware
Ubreakifix is one and another is Samsung experience store , you want go to more trustworthy place like those

Sep 21, 2021
Visit site
yes tried that to no avail, i have ordered a wireless charger to see if that will charge it without the bootloop screen not sure though, but probably need to take it to a repair shop.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
yes tried that to no avail, i have ordered a wireless charger to see if that will charge it without the bootloop screen not sure though, but probably need to take it to a repair shop.
Bootloop is soft brick , so that needs to be flashed like i mentioned to those 2 repair centers

vur

Mar 25, 2024
Visit site
Help, i have a Samsung Note 9 SM-N960 which appears to be stuck on start up screen. I put my device on charge and when i went to use it the screen was unresponsive tried a range of different cables and charger hubs to which my device constantly vibrated while plugged in. i am unable to rest the device using the power and volume keys nor can i enter download mode using bixy, power and volume keys, i have also tried this via laptop USB.
Now when i plug any charger into the device it immediately flashes up the start up screen goes black then repeats. i have tried the reset and download mode steps during this loop to no avail. Any suggestions?
Hi, I have the same exact problems. Was it fixable?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faret