Note5 Only Charges Wirelessly?

Nikke Koivisto

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
It wont charge via usb port and my pc doesent even notice that i've connected my phone to it. It's like my usb port is completely broken. I can charge it wirelessly tho without any problems which obviously means the battery is not faulty..
I've tried switching cables but its not about them.
My phone got little snow on to it earlier, but nothing extraordinary. And i think i remember charging it via usb after that incident too..
I dont think factory reset would help either cause it wont even charge when my phone is off.
I'm clueless what to try/do next.. I live in europe and i bought this from ebay so sending it to somewhere for "fix" is a big hazzle and will try to avoid that option for the last breath.

Note: i think the problem came right after i connected my phone to my 4k sony bravia tv.. My phone recognized my tv only as a charger instead of the usual "camera/file" option which felt pretty weird.. Just decided to leave this here if someone.

Help!:'(

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
This sounds very much, unfortunately, like hardware failure. Maybe some moisture started to corrode the contacts inside and the USB port has failed.

If you've tried different chargers/cables and your computer doesn't recognize the device, I'd say it's time to go 'see a doctor' :(

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Isn't your phone still under warranty? Also, if the USB port is the one that's faulty, it's not a very expensive part to repair/replace...

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
offline050