Notepad 12.2 bought in December 2014

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
I am a professional performing musician. I have been using tablets and Ipads for concerts, recordings, rehearsals for over 5 years now.

Today I let me Samsung Galaxy Notepad 12.2 run down its battery. I have for years at least while practicing. I have course not been so foolish as to do such a thing on stage.

I let it get to 5% and as usual, saw the warning message so plugged it in.
This time - something very different happened that has happened in the last 4 years. That is the tablet turned off and the battery read at 0%.

Is this any sign of a failing battery and should I be wary? For instance, I could either :
1 - Have Samsung replace the battery
2 - Or may break down and buy a new tablet.

I can not risk of being on stage sometimes live in front of 2000 people and have the thing die. It never has happened and I always have a fully charged tablet on stage.

Thank you all for your input.

treetopsranch

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Does sound like the battery is failing but there could be issues with the battery contacts as well. Are you handy with tools? There are some good Youtube vids which step you through the battery replacement if you want to do it yourself.

Here's one: https://youtu.be/VeSG0hHpAG8

DennisOS2

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
I am a professional performing musician. I have been using tablets and Ipads for concerts, recordings, rehearsals for over 5 years now.

Today I let me Samsung Galaxy Notepad 12.2 run down its battery. I have for years at least while practicing. I have course not been so foolish as to do such a thing on stage.

I let it get to 5% and as usual, saw the warning message so plugged it in.
This time - something very different happened that has happened in the last 4 years. That is the tablet turned off and the battery read at 0%.

Is this any sign of a failing battery and should I be wary? For instance, I could either :
1 - Have Samsung replace the battery
2 - Or may break down and buy a new tablet.

I can not risk of being on stage sometimes live in front of 2000 people and have the thing die. It never has happened and I always have a fully charged tablet on stage.

Thank you all for your input.
Sorry I am coming into this late. The battery charge indicator is not 100% accurate, especially down as low as 5%. Now, if this happens at other charge levels then you might have a battery problem. If it charges OK and discharges over a reasonable amount of time, then you're OK.