Nova launcher and Samsung Pay

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
When using Nova launcher, I am noticing that I am unable to launch Samsung Pay successfully by swiping up from home screen and lock screen.

It works properly if i switch to TouchWiz launcher.

Anybody else noticing the same?

Posted via the Android Central App

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
When using Nova launcher, I am noticing that I am unable to launch Samsung Pay successfully by swiping up from home screen and lock screen.

Are you using Nova Prime? You can set a gesture in the settings to do this.

mfprince

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
I have Nova Prime, the Samsung Pay screen just protrudes from the bottom of my home screens and scrolls right up. I also have up gesture set for Google Now and have not had any issues or a swipe opening the wrong app.

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I could setup gestures yes, but the action becomes slower and sometimes it feels the Samsung Pay itself is not initialized properly and is slow to load.

So, you guys are not experiencing the same?

BTW, I use Samsung Pay a lot now and that is how I am able to feel these differences.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I have Nova Prime, the Samsung Pay screen just protrudes from the bottom of my home screens and scrolls right up. I also have up gesture set for Google Now and have not had any issues or a swipe opening the wrong app.

Same here... Nova Prime and no problem w/SP!

mfprince

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
I could setup gestures yes, but the action becomes slower and sometimes it feels the Samsung Pay itself is not initialized properly and is slow to load.

So, you guys are not experiencing the same?

BTW, I use Samsung Pay a lot now and that is how I am able to feel these differences.

Try a system cache reset, it took several for Nova Prime to work correctly on my Note 5.

pdqgp

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Using the paid version of Nova here on my Note 5 and it works fine for me. Sorry I can't help troubleshoot but overall wanted to state that it does seem to work well.

jmy7213

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Open up the samsung pay app, then in the upper right corner click on more. Turn on easy pay and have lock screen, homescreen, and screen off turned on.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note V

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I think you guys are not understanding the issue. The issue is not that Samsung Pay has issues in working properly, it is that that the Samsung Pay app is not loading properly and takes time to load when using Nova Prime. Using Touchwiz the Samsung Pay app is fast and quick.

Glock23-G4

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I think you guys are not understanding the issue. The issue is not that Samsung Pay has issues in working properly, it is that that the Samsung Pay app is not loading properly and takes time to load when using Nova Prime. Using Touchwiz the Samsung Pay app is fast and quick.

I'm using prime, and do not have this issue.

Home screen, lock screen... always opens quickly.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site

Have you cleared Samsung pay and Framework cache and data? Doing this will delete your cards and you'll need to activate them again but it worth a try.

I'd do a Nova backup and do an App Cache and Data reset on both Samsung Pay and Nova and see if it gets better.

Kino Velez

Mar 25, 2019
Visit site
From TeslaCoil Apss

It's actually a bug on Samsung's end. We can't control what happens when the app gets killed off by the Recent Apps screen. The only solution, and this needs to be reported directly to Samsung is, you can either reboot the device and launcher Samsung Pay and it will work, or you can go to Phone Settings -> Apps -> Samsung Pay -> Force Close and then launch Samsung Pay and it will show up again.

We've tried pulling the system APK's from the device and there's no way for us to access the app in any way. The APK on their end checks to make sure the Samsung stock launcher is set as the default or the is the active launcher, and if so, then Samsung Pay never gets killed. Unfortunately without access to change anything on our end, we can't do the same. That's a bug they need to fix because that bug isn't present on the same Samsung Pay app version on the S9/S9+.

I would recommend contacting them and creating some forum posts to get their attention. Feel free to use the information we have provided here.

george1614

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site

I am having the same issue on my NOTE 8, it used to work fine until I updated my phone to the lates PIE OS. this broke samsung pay access from my home page and have not been able to easily access the application

Flinthills

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
Note 8, latest update, nova and my case has a cover. The pay tab is back for the lock and main screen. But if I swipe up on the lock screen it goes to Pay. Hit the back arrow and it goes to main screen. This defeats the lock screen and opens the phone. Hope this makes sense. Any one else have this?

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Llop719