Nova + Samsung email= no badges counts

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Any one figure out how to get Nova Teslsunread to give badge counts on Samsungs email on the S6?

I'm using Samsungs stock email app to access my Hotmail and I get badges on my note 3, but it's not working on my S6.

I uninstalled it and reinstalled out several times with no luck.

Posted via the Android Central App

techgeek32#WN

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
You might try going into the Tesla settings from the Tesla Icon in the app drawer as opposed to doing it through the standard Nova settings. Had the same problem on my Nexus 6 but had to set it up through the app icon. Hope that works.

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
You might try going into the Tesla settings from the Tesla Icon in the app drawer as opposed to doing it through the standard Nova settings. Had the same problem on my Nexus 6 but had to set it up through the app icon. Hope that works.

I tried that, thank you for the suggestion, but no dice.

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Nova supports unread count badges from the app Missed It. If you install Missed It, and go back to Nova unread counts setting, it will give you the option to select Missed It as the service to use. I use it and it is so far working.

In Missed It settings, select shared elements and add the apps you want to get badges.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.igecelabs.android.MissedIt

Thx Raymond, trying it now.

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Nova supports unread count badges from the app Missed It. If you install Missed It, and go back to Nova unread counts setting, it will give you the option to select Missed It as the service to use. I use it and it is so far working.

In Missed It settings, select shared elements and add the apps you want to get badges.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.igecelabs.android.MissedIt

Ok I decided not to use Missed It as it costs $1.57. No thanks, free got me. I'll just wait for Nova to fix it.

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Are you running the standard Nova or have you signed up for the beta program? There are Lollipop related fixes in the beta version that aren't in the standard GP version. If you sign up, it will automatically convert your GP update into the beta version, ie you don't have to sideload it.

Nova Launcher Beta

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Are you running the standard Nova or have you signed up for the beta program? There are Lollipop related fixes in the beta version that aren't in the standard GP version. If you sign up, it will automatically convert your GP update into the beta version, ie you don't have to sideload it.

Nova Launcher Beta

Yep, already running beta nova prime.

Wiggum333

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I just got my S6 the other day, and immediately installed Nova Prime and Tesla Unread ... and like above, badges are working pretty good except for the Samsung email app, which is disappointing. I have not tried the new beta version yet - but per Kalvin Kerns that doesn't yet solve the issue.

I have used Missed It! before, but if I recall that uses the notification bar to put a badge up, much like the newer function in Tesla Unread ... which means that it's not an "unread count" ... it's just a badge that shows you on the app icon that there are pending notifications for you. As soon as you dismiss the notification, the badge goes away.

True unread-count badges for Samsung email app work perfectly fine on my S4 running Kit Kat ... just no joy on Lollipop yet.

Another thing to mention ... I tried the new Motorola Nexus 6 for a few days, and the gmail app actually allowed you to setup an exchange server account along with your gmail accounts. That was amazingly cool since I could put all emails in the gmail app ... not to mention that the gmail app on THAT phone had an "unread" folder thingy you could sort by. I was REALLY hoping my S6 gmail app would be the same, then I'd not have to use the samsung email app for work. But, as luck would have it, no joy there.

Is there a way to get the gmail app for the S6 that allows you to setup an exchange server account? If so, that would solve quite a few problems for me all at once.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ron1morgan