Ns4g jelly bean files "get it get it get it"

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Anyone interested in flashing this here's some instructions..

1. You must unlock your bootloader (Yes this wipes the device)

2. You need FASTBOOT from the Android SDK. Android SDK | Android Developers

Download the basic Android SDK package, install it and then update just the Platform-Tools so you can get "Fastboot"

3. Download the file from the OP and extract its contents to your hard drive. Inside that zip file you downloaded is a total of 6 files.. You need to extract each file separately and when done you need to place those 6 "img" files inside your Android-SDK/platform-tools/ directory on your harddrive.

4. Make sure you have your Samsung drivers installed. (Google PDAnet) , download and install to your computer. Follow the instructions and let it install the drivers on your computer and software on your phone...

5. Next shut down your device. Then boot into your bootloader (Power + Volume Up) and hold it for a few seconds.

6. Next connect your device via USB to your computer. You should get a connection, PDAnet rarely fails.

In Windows open your Start Menu and in the search box type "CMD" and hit enter. This will open a command prompt window.

Next you need to change directories to your Android-SDK directory where ever you installed it and directly to the "platform-tools" directory.

Code:
cd c:\\android-sdk\platform-tools\

Next to unlock your bootloader

Code:
fastboot oem unlock

This will then on your device bring up a new screen asking you to accept the terms that your unlocking your device and it will wipe everything. Navigate using Volume up/down and select with POWER

Now go back to your bootloader and this is where the fun begins...

Make sure your device is connected. Then type the following, hitting return and allowing it to do its thing flashing/installing the files. You will see notification on your computer & device as each one completes then enter the next line of code and again press enter...

Code:
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash bootloader bootloader.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash radio signed_radio.img
fastboot flash userdata userdata.img

All goes correct it should only take a few minutes and when your done type the following..

Code:
fastboot reboot

Here is exactly how it looks in Command Prompt so you can verify your doing it correctly... NOTE: I skipped flashing the recovery.img because I didn't want it to overwrite my custom TWRP recovery already installed.

C:\Users\PAULSR\Downloads\SPH-D720_JRO03R>cmd Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601] Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\Users\PAULSR\Downloads\SPH-D720_JRO03R>fastboot flash boot boot.img sending 'boot' (3964 KB)... OKAY writing 'boot'... OKAY C:\Users\PAULSR\Downloads\SPH-D720_JRO03R>fastboot flash bootloader bootloader.i mg sending 'bootloader' (1536 KB)... OKAY writing 'bootloader'... OKAY C:\Users\PAULSR\Downloads\SPH-D720_JRO03R>fastboot flash system system.img sending 'system' (340371 KB)... OKAY writing 'system'... OKAY C:\Users\PAULSR\Downloads\SPH-D720_JRO03R>fastboot flash userdata userdata.img sending 'userdata' (18796 KB)... OKAY writing 'userdata'... OKAY C:\Users\PAULSR\Downloads\SPH-D720_JRO03R>fastboot flash radio signed_radio.img sending 'radio' (15232 KB)... OKAY writing 'radio'... OKAY C:\Users\PAULSR\Downloads\SPH-D720_JRO03R>fastboot reboot rebooting...

Thats it... Again flash at your own risk, I'm just passing along the info to get it done and take no credit for any of this...

Paul

Last edited:

Eugenev414

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
NS4G JELLY BEAN files. see link

Her you go everyone, the files you been waiting for. All props go to gonzo320 - xda-developers - View Profile: gonzo320 on xda forum for charming the sprint store manager on giving him the files. it?s about time, enjoy. BTW- those are .tar files so use fastboot.

SPH-D720_JRO03R.zip

Ryuuie

May 7, 2011
Visit site
re: Ns4g jelly bean files "get it get it get it"

Trying to unlock the bootloader, the computer has a problem with the drivers claiming they're corrupt or missing...however I had it unlocked before.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Uninstall the drivers or just use PDAnet like I suggested above, it will find and ask you if you want to replace the current drivers in your computer...

Ryuuie

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Woops! That's it. I had PDA net before. :V Thanks! I'm using the Sprint provided exe if that makes any difference in this.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Regardless what route you go I think you still need working drivers... PDAnet should take care of it.

Ryuuie

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Ok, my PC is being stupid so I'll just try on my laptop. My phone seems to like working with my laptop better anyway. Thanks for the help! :)

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
I modded the one click return to stock with the new JB files. Uploading to goo.im now. Seeing as you have to unlock the bootloader anyways, I figured why not. I will post when it completes!

Edit: this file worked for me, that is how I updated.

WizLateefUh

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Edited: Nevermind I just had some problems correctly locating the android sdk on the command prompt. Now that I did everything worked and jellybean is loading now.

Thanks Paul

Last edited:

Ryuuie

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying to use the EXE provided by Sprint and I'm getting a Gadget Device error when I try to connect the phone to the PC while in Download Mode.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Will I be able to keep root and since I already have my bootloader unlocked will I lose my data?

You may loose root but that isn't a big deal.... Your WILL loose your custom recovery if you flash the included "recovery.img" in the files.

So you will at work need to use FASTBOOT again to flash CWM/TWRP recovery and then boot into recovery and flash Superuser to obtain root.

A whole extra 5 mins tops.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
So with this zip file i can just do the regular update through the sd card then?

If it works in stock recovery, some people say it doesn't work with ICS anymore.. The option is still there in stock recovery to install from sdcard...

Try it and report back ;)

Makinola

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
If it works in stock recovery, some people say it doesn't work with ICS anymore.. The option is still there in stock recovery to install from sdcard...

Try it and report back ;)

It doesn't seem to work. The installation gets aborted says that there is patch issue "Status 7" and it won't install :(

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
It doesn't seem to work. The installation gets aborted says that there is patch issue "Status 7" and it won't install :(

Only other options then are....

1. Wait for the OTA

2. Unlock your bootloader and "boot" into a custom recovery such as CWM or TWRP and then flash the update.zip file from there...

Need help, let me know.

Makinola

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
I did a Google service clear and then checked for the update. Its downloading now :D

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J0SH