Number sharing W200E (3G European)

jchwila

Dec 10, 2016
Visit site
Hi. Under advances cellular settings there is a mysterious option called "The phone and watch uses the same phone numer" (not NumberSync!). Once enabled it does nothing, except the option to receive bluetooth phone call notifications from phone disappears.

Incoming call arent forwarded to the watch in any way. Nor the watch displays incoming calls notifications.

I'm using T-Mobile's double sim (same number).

Anyone knows what is this option for?

Urbane_user

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
Hi. Under advances cellular settings there is a mysterious option called "The phone and watch uses the same phone numer" (not NumberSync!). Once enabled it does nothing, except the option to receive bluetooth phone call notifications from phone disappears.

Incoming call arent forwarded to the watch in any way. Nor the watch displays incoming calls notifications.

I'm using T-Mobile's double sim (same number).

Anyone knows what is this option for?

It'll be some non-European carrier option. AFAIK European devices must have a unique number and it can't be shared across devices. In fact, I think it is illegal.

IIRC on the old analogue networks you could do this. Dialling one number caused multiple devices to ring and whichever answered first got the call routed to that device.

It has been a long, long time since I worked in telecommunications though, so the above information may be entirely incorrect.....

Axxxxel

Nov 30, 2016
Visit site
That was the case but it changed.

T-Mobile Germany is offering a so-called MultiSIM option where you can have up to 3 SIM with the same number.
I'm using one in my watch. It works pretty good. There is only one thing that is a bit annoying: When you answer a call with your phone there is a missed call on your watch and vice versa.

jchwila

Dec 10, 2016
Visit site
@jchwila: I think you can ignore this setting since it won't change anything for you

Thanks for clarifying! I'm using polish T-Mobile's configuration with two sim cards issued to one number. The problem is only one card can be active at time. The card becomes active once logged to network or dialed specic MMI number. Both cards seems to be logged to network simultaneously but calls are coming to currently active card. Data transfer can seamlessly jump between cards but only one is transferring at time. Unfortunatelly it isn't possible to forward calls between cards because it is number not sim-based...

Somewhat annoying and useless at times. This service seems to have been created in pre-smartwatch times :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahteakell