October Dreaming

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I fall into to group of has an OG Droid on it's last leg, waited for the thunderbolt since last year only for it to disappoint, then caught wind of the bionic only for that to get kicked back, then came the mighty SG2 guess what? No F'ing SG2. But wait here the Comes the Prime xcalibur even though it's speculation about it's release date. One year of waiting for "the phone". I throw in the towel my fellow android fans.

Similar situation. Been waiting since Aug. 2010. Had my eye on the Bionic after CES and then transitioned to the GS2. I'm about out of towels to throw in.

scotty_pimmpen

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I fall into to group of has an OG Droid on it's last leg, waited for the thunderbolt since last year only for it to disappoint, then caught wind of the bionic only for that to get kicked back, then came the mighty SG2 guess what? No F'ing SG2. But wait here the Comes the Prime xcalibur even though it's speculation about it's release date. One year of waiting for "the phone". I throw in the towel my fellow android fans.

You have spoken my exact story. I have been doing really well with my OG, but last weekend, for the first time ever... I dropped it. Shattered the screen ugh!

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
Similar situation. Been waiting since Aug. 2010. Had my eye on the Bionic after CES and then transitioned to the GS2. I'm about out of towels to throw in.

I just can't settle for the Bionic. It's a good phone, but I'd rather wait three months for the Nexus than spend two years with the Bionic.

turb0wned

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Went to take a look at the Bionic (yes I am starting to give up) phone is fast and nice but damn I just couldn't get over the screen! I'm to spoiled by the Samsung and iPhone screens. Walked out with my backup phone still in hand (Samsung fascinate). Rep was telling me that the Nexus was not coming to Verizon, how much do you think Verizon is putting into their heads to sell people on the Bionic.
me

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
He could have meant the GSII wasn't coming But i can see them telling people that and pushing them the Bionic. When i went to the Sprint store for my Gift card one for the sales clerks was trying to pitch me the Photon lol I let him and when he was done i told him why I was there. He just said O and walked away lol

What I like about Motorola is they Create some good phones and accessories but the Execution of them boggles me. The Bionics redesign is IMO what did it for them. They should just release the first 1 and called this something else or vise versa. I love the laptop dock but making it so it can only be used by one phone . Not a fan of Moto but if i was on Verizon i might have got it...

turb0wned

May 24, 2011
Visit site
He could have meant the GSII wasn't coming But i can see them telling people that and pushing them the Bionic. When i went to the Sprint store for my Gift card one for the sales clerks was trying to pitch me the Photon lol I let him and when he was done i told him why I was there. He just said O and walked away lol

What I like about Motorola is they Create some good phones and accessories but the Execution of them boggles me. The Bionics redesign is IMO what did it for them. They should just release the first 1 and called this something else or vise versa. I love the laptop dock but making it so it can only be used by one phone . Not a fan of Moto but if i was on Verizon i might have got it...

You wouldn't have gotten the bionic if you were using it and the phone next to it was a Samsung Charge... They made a mistake placing those 2 phones next to each other.

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
Rep was telling me that the Nexus was not coming to Verizon, how much do you think Verizon is putting into their heads to sell people on the Bionic.
me

These reps really annoy me. They literally know nothing about future phones. They barely know the phones they sell.

Reactions: gonzlobo

holysnikey

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I agree that Verizon is really annoying about selling phones. They get a phone in their sights as a "seller" and all they do is push it. I was looking a month or 2 ago at the LG Revolution, Samsung Charge and the HTC TBolt because I'm up for an upgrade and even then they were saying how the Bionic take all these phones to school but out of all of them the TBolt was best. Since that was "the phone" when it came out they were pushing that. Maybe Moto will get their stuff together now that Google has bought them and they will become an innovator instead of the last one in line for high powered devices. I am praying the most recent leak that it the Nexus Prime (or Galaxy Nexus/Prime) is coming out late October. If this come out as a non-Nexus device and is due out after the HTC Vigor I don't know if I will even get it. I had a DInc and loved that thing so much that I never even rooted it. I then broke the screen and had to get a DX as a replacement even though I got the phone on release day and it was only like 7 months old.

Last edited by a moderator:

boi2kwik4u

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I just got the Bionic today and I'm really thinking I'm gonna return it within 14 days to wait for the Prime or Vigor. The Bionic is a great phone, esp the HD Dock (does Samsung or HTC have anything like this?), but I don't care for the bloatware, Motoblur is okay, I added Go Launcher and it only seemed to slow it down some. More importantly I think I can wait another month or 2 for a BETTER phone. I'll fork over the $35 restocking fee.

I also had a DInc and absoletely loved it. I put that phone through a lot too, damaged the screen 2 different times and even tho it looked like, the screen worked perfectly. I ended up losing it on a bike ride recently and replaced it with a Vortex, blah.

I'll give the Bionic 2 weeks to change my mind!

edit: What are the chances of Vigor or Prime being less then $300?

Last edited by a moderator:

turb0wned

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I just got the Bionic today and I'm really thinking I'm gonna return it within 14 days to wait for the Prime or Vigor. The Bionic is a great phone, esp the HD Dock (does Samsung or HTC have anything like this?), but I don't care for the bloatware, Motoblur is okay, I added Go Launcher and it only seemed to slow it down some. More importantly I think I can wait another month or 2 for a BETTER phone. I'll fork over the $35 restocking fee.

I also had a DInc and absoletely loved it. I put that phone through a lot too, damaged the screen 2 different times and even tho it looked like sh*t, the screen worked perfectly. I ended up losing it on a bike ride recently and replaced it with a Vortex, blah.

I'll give the Bionic 2 weeks to change my mind!

edit: What are the chances of Vigor or Prime being less then $300?

I don't know if to buy the Bionic now and just sell it when the prime gets released. My issue is I leave for training (Air Force) November 8th so I won't be able to get it anyways till Jan of 2012. Im in a 4G area and miss using 4G after selling the charge (now using my extra phone the fascinate).

th0r615

god of thunder.
Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
as if right on cue.... Eric Schmidt: Ice Cream Sandwich Coming in October/November - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

Google's CEO said that ICS is coming Oct/Nov, which probably means a Turkey Day/Dec release for the Prime.
How does the release of ICS in Oct/Nov point to a late November or December release? The Nexus S came out before (or about the same time) as 2.3 was released. Once we see the ICS SDK drop I think we'll be about 2 weeks away from our Prime.

allan1313

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
How does the release of ICS in Oct/Nov point to a late November or December release? The Nexus S came out before (or about the same time) as 2.3 was released. Once we see the ICS SDK drop I think we'll be about 2 weeks away from our Prime.

Exactly...What would the point be of a new OS if there was nothing to run it for months. The first device will follow shortly after ICS is officially released. Hopefully that device is the Prime on VZW, I am just saying :p

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site

Maybe the bigger thing is the potential release of the Vigor and iPhone in October. Typically Verizon doesn't release devices to compete with each other, and with other devices rumored for release in October, that'll be hard to do.

Very true.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

holysnikey

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Maybe Google and Verizon figure that they will get more sales if released around Black Friday and Christmas especially after the iPhone hype is gone and everything settles. I think that is possible because it makes sense to me if they wait until after the initial iPhone mania that always occurs then also have it during Christmas season.

huskerkate

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site

I was just surmising. I hope I'm proven wrong. I just refuse to get expectations, as I've done that before and been disappointed. In fact, lots of times in these forums people get expectations as to when a device "should" release, and then become bitter when it's "delayed" (even tho there was never a formal release date).

Reactions: crzycrkr

f150fan

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Exactly...What would the point be of a new OS if there was nothing to run it for months. The first device will follow shortly after ICS is officially released. Hopefully that device is the Prime on VZW, I am just saying :p

The point of the new OS would be that it is meshing the phone and tablet versions of Android, so to speak. I hope that no one has forgotten about the Xoom. You could easily release ICS on the Xoom first and then launch the Nexus. Just my thoughts.

3rdpig

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I think the Prime will drop on AT&T or T-Mobile within 2 weeks of ICS being released. If VZ gets the Prime in it's unBinged, unTouchWizzed and unBloated form I'll be shocked.