Odd behavior of Contacts

stevekat

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
1) On non-Nexus phones I have had, I believe when I entered the contacts are of the phone app, I could access full contact info, i.e.: email and street addresses and notes. I do not seem to be able to do this with the default Nexus 6 app Am I missing something?

2) Also, when I go hunt down the Contact app, in then App Drawer, when I browse apps, say looking for John Smith, I find only one John Smith. However if I search for John Smith in the Contacts App, I get four results, one purple, one darker blue, one royal blue and one Google orange. The orange Google result has the correct info, the other three seem empty. I sync with my gmail account. For some reason I have Waze in my account list, under Contacts to display, but I don't believe I have any contacts in there, and I have it set to not display contacts anyway. Those are the only two items in that list.

What do the extra three contact results of my search in Contacts represent, and is there a way I can get rid of them?

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
As for #2, open your contacts app. In the upper right corner, tap the three dots and select "contacts to display". Apparently "all contacts" is selected by default. Select only the accounts you want to display.

NYRico#AC

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
I have seen the multiple contact thing too, I am not sure, but, I think it is searching Google + too when you search from certain search fields, waiting for other to chime in.

stevekat

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
I've done this. When I browse I only see one contact match. When I search, I see four. I only have my Google account active to display.

As for #2, open your contacts app. In the upper right corner, tap the three dots and select "contacts to display". Apparently "all contacts" is selected by default. Select only the accounts you want to display.

stevekat

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
I looked in my Google account under contacts area on my Gmail page. There is only one entry in Contacts for this person. There are four phone numbers in that contact record, but I cannot discern if the four results I am seeing on the Nexus 6 are related to those four numbers or something else. They don't seem correlated to the phone numbers. The extra three records that appear in the search result don't seem to have any data in them. They match the name searched but don't seem to have any data in them at all.

I have seen the multiple contact thing too, I am not sure, but, I think it is searching Google + too when you search from certain search fields, waiting for other to chime in.

stevekat

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
The duplicates I find have nothing in them, just the name, and when I select them they ask if I'd like to add them to a contact.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRG582