Odd Issue with Screen

LxiMax

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Ok. So I've had my Fascinate since launch and it's been awesome. Superbly bright, even on lowest setting. My g/f decided to pick one up. Right out of the box the screen just looks dull, almost like it has a yellow haze over it. For hers to get the same level of white mine does, her brightness needs to be around 25% higher then mine, mine being on the lowest setting and hers being at 25%. Any ideas what would cause this? I will mentioned I bounced around on the SuperClean Roms and am now on ED01 Debloated. This wouldn't affect anything would it? Any help is appreciated. :)

fortesquieu

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Ok. So I've had my Fascinate since launch and it's been awesome. Superbly bright, even on lowest setting. My g/f decided to pick one up. Right out of the box the screen just looks dull, almost like it has a yellow haze over it. For hers to get the same level of white mine does, her brightness needs to be around 25% higher then mine, mine being on the lowest setting and hers being at 25%. Any ideas what would cause this? I will mentioned I bounced around on the SuperClean Roms and am now on ED01 Debloated. This wouldn't affect anything would it? Any help is appreciated. :)

Are you on Voodoo?

LxiMax

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
No. I did notice a VooDoo folder in my phone but I never flashed VooDoo. I went from stock to sc 2.6 - 2.8 - 2.9 - 2.9.2 - ed01 debloated. All nonvoodoo.

LxiMax

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Perhaps others can verify this as well. Ever since I bought mine, I've noticed that when you look at the reflection under a light source, the screen looks mostly blue with a hue of purple. Her screen is straight dull purple, no blue at all. Dud screen perhaps? Or a refurb...

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Perhaps others can verify this as well. Ever since I bought mine, I've noticed that when you look at the reflection under a light source, the screen looks mostly blue with a hue of purple. Her screen is straight dull purple, no blue at all. Dud screen perhaps? Or a refurb...

Perhaps a dud screen. If she bought it new, it should not be a refurb.

atomD21

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I would take it to a Verizon store and see about getting it replaced. It's just dull now, but who knows what the future holds? It would suck to be out of warranty and have the screen die.

mknollman123

Frugal Nerd Tinkerer
Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I agree take it back and take yours as Proof. One of the best things about the fascinate is the beautiful screen - if it is all yellowish you might as well get a freakin droid x and deal wth the greyed out screen

LxiMax

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Ok, well this is what has happened thus far. When we got the phone, we updated it all the way to ED03. Then I hooked it up to Odin and flashed ED01 Debloated. That's when we noticed the screen. So we flashed it back to DI01 via Odin then updated it to EA28. After that, it wouldn't update to Froyo. So needless to say she took it up there and they updated it and told her to bring it back if the screen kept getting hot. Well I had an opportunity last night to compare three of them at my home, mine I got in September, hers she just got, and her aunt's which was Certified Pre-Owned. Needless to say, my screen looked the best, with the blue hue over it. Her aunt's screen was right in the middle, some blue but not alot. Now my g/f's screen, still yellow. So we're going back today and having it exchanged. On a side note, she compared hers to two at the Verizon store and they were the same as hers. Perhaps I'm the odd man out or somewhere after launch they changed to a lower quality screen?

EDIT: The screen looked the same out of the box too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget989