Automatic screen brightness can't go to lowest setting even in complete darkness?

LunatiqueRob

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed that with the automatic brightness on for the screen, it never reaches to the lowest setting on the slider, even if the phone is in complete darkness. This results in the screen being too bright in dark situations. I'd have to manually move the slider all the way to the left to get it to minimum brightness.

I recall when I tried one of the power saving modes in the past, the screen did go down all the way in darkness, so maybe this is only possible if you're using the power saving mode? Or is there something else I can do to fix this?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I've noticed that with the automatic brightness on for the screen, it never reaches to the lowest setting on the slider, even if the phone is in complete darkness. This results in the screen being too bright in dark situations. I'd have to manually move the slider all the way to the left to get it to minimum brightness.

I recall when I tried one of the power saving modes in the past, the screen did go down all the way in darkness, so maybe this is only possible if you're using the power saving mode? Or is there something else I can do to fix this?

I dont have that issue, but go into settings then display turn adaptive brightness off and try it again, suppose to learn your usage in different lighting maybe have to retrain it or disable.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
Can you elaborate on how you do this? Just tell Bixby to lower the screen brightness?
Exactly. "hi bixby, lower screen brightness to 1%." Or setup quick commands for multiple steps. Bixby will set your brightness at whatever you tell her to.
When I go to a movie I say, "Hi Bixby, movie mode" screen dims to level 1 and silences all notifications.