odd problem...cannot connect to cellular service or data

hellorabbit

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
So I've been trying for the past 5 hours or so sifting through forum posts to solve my issue but to no avail so here I am now...

My phone has been having bootlooping issues for some time now when I restart the phone so I've just left it on for the past month without shutting it off to avoid this. Yesterday I attempted to solve this by returning to stock using Wugs toolkit and then reflashing roms etc. Instead my phone now has no phone service or data and bootloops on every startup.

Some things I've tried:

1. Reverting to previous nandroid backups (still no service)
2. Manually reverting to stock using command prompt (always freezes when flashing cdma radio)
3. Using wugs toolkit (freezes when flashing cdma radio)
4. Flashing 4.04 /4.03/ 4.02 radios (didn't work D;)

This led me to investigate a little bit about cdma radio and I discovered that my About Phone-->Baseband version says "Unknown".
In fastboot, Baseband version is i515 EK04, CDMA - UNKNOWN.

Interestingly, carrier info also says NONE.

If there's any other info that could possibly help me resolve this problem, please let me know! Also I was previously running AOKP MIlestone 3 and Franco Kernel MIlestone (don't remember which version). Thanks!

strongergravity

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
You might try to fast boot flash the cdma radio only. It seems that just the 1 radio is missing. Try it before you resort to blowing the whole thing away.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

hyminameisderek

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I had an issue similar to this when I got a new lte card. I could only get 4g data but no voice or text. The tech at Verizon set my phone to 3g only and did *228. *228 doesn't work for 4g so that's why you need to use cdma only.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

strongergravity

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I had an issue similar to this when I got a new lte card. I could only get 4g data but no voice or text. The tech at Verizon set my phone to 3g only and did *228. *228 doesn't work for 4g so that's why you need to use cdma only.

*228 can mess with the lte card. I would save that for the last resort.

Verizon Galaxy Nexus running CM9
Acer Iconia A500 running CM9
Droid Eris running GSB CM7 as a mp3 player.

hyminameisderek

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site

I suppose I should clarify how to do this if you don't know how... Settings - More (under wireless and networks) -
Mobile Networks - Network Mode - CDMA

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
So I've been trying for the past 5 hours or so sifting through forum posts to solve my issue but to no avail so here I am now...

My phone has been having bootlooping issues for some time now when I restart the phone so I've just left it on for the past month without shutting it off to avoid this. Yesterday I attempted to solve this by returning to stock using Wugs toolkit and then reflashing roms etc. Instead my phone now has no phone service or data and bootloops on every startup.

Some things I've tried:

1. Reverting to previous nandroid backups (still no service)
2. Manually reverting to stock using command prompt (always freezes when flashing cdma radio)
3. Using wugs toolkit (freezes when flashing cdma radio)
4. Flashing 4.04 /4.03/ 4.02 radios (didn't work D;)

This led me to investigate a little bit about cdma radio and I discovered that my About Phone-->Baseband version says "Unknown".
In fastboot, Baseband version is i515 EK04, CDMA - UNKNOWN.

Interestingly, carrier info also says NONE.

If there's any other info that could possibly help me resolve this problem, please let me know! Also I was previously running AOKP MIlestone 3 and Franco Kernel MIlestone (don't remember which version). Thanks!

Take it back to stock manually using CW's thread, then start over again.

More importantly, how'd you lose a radio? :p

hellorabbit

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I tried to bring it back to stock using wugs as well as doing adb command promt...it always freezes when flashing CDMA radio...

vzw is shipping me a replacement phone since its under warranty, problem is my phone is rooted and i can't revert back to stock lol. any suggestions?

edit: what's CW stand for? I guess I'll give that a shot and hopefully it doesnt freeze when flashing the CDMA radios

hellorabbit

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
hmm neither actually has a guide to return the Gnex to stock but if there is, how is that different from Wugs or adb? the problem is that it cant flash CDMA -Radio since it freezes

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
hmm neither actually has a guide to return the Gnex to stock but if there is, how is that different from Wugs or adb? the problem is that it cant flash CDMA -Radio since it freezes

Maybe it is the Mac guide then?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

hellorabbit

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
haha, well since i did a factory reset, it brings me back to the activation screen and trys to activate but it cannot since it has no service and then just reboots and repeats

the only way to get it to get past activation is to a nandroid backup but even then it freezes like no other. soooo confused and frustrated but the main question i guess is what will happen when i send this phone back to verizon once i get a replacement? doesnt rooting void the warranty?

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
haha, well since i did a factory reset, it brings me back to the activation screen and trys to activate but it cannot since it has no service and then just reboots and repeats

the only way to get it to get past activation is to a nandroid backup but even then it freezes like no other. soooo confused and frustrated but the main question i guess is what will happen when i send this phone back to verizon once i get a replacement? doesnt rooting void the warranty?

In theory, yes.

There has to be a way around it. Try XDA?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

GNex Girl

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site

They say it does but lots of people return them rooted and are fine.

What happens if you dial *#*#4636#*#*

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrshea