[Odin][Rom][6/20/11]AC's Altered Beast **Alpha 5** EE4 based

ryan_charge

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Many of my apps will not open and such as handset and Google maps. Since upgrading to AB5. What could be causing this?
Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Porkweasel

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else having an issue with Facebook on AB5? Pulling down the notification bar when I have a Facebook message and tapping it does nothing. Won't launch into FB from there.

zeus_r6

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
Not an expert, but you guys that are upgrading to v5...maybe wipe and start with a fresh v5? I dont have the problems you have on v5 and wonder if that would work for you?

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Many of my apps will not open and such as handset and Google maps. Since upgrading to AB5. What could be causing this?
Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

I had this issue too. It's because I did a batch restore from titanium and it restored google maps and for some reason stopped working. I just reflashed and it worked.

PezRadar#AC

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for this. Massive upgrade from stock.

I'm still having issues with Hulu though - I applied the patch using CWM and I'm still getting the error that Hulu doesn't work on this browser :(

Any idea?

Also - Is there a way to turn on the little notification numbers next to the mail icons on your home page or applications menu?

acekc135

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Great ROM, my first android was a Droid X. I rooted and ROMed that thing to death, then got a TBolt worst mistake of my life, what a POS. Anyway upgraded to a Charge Fri and rooted and installed your ROM yesterday. Great work, love it. Thx for this.

nopants

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
It clearly states you need to run this update in cwm...

Posted via Tapatalk app for Android and iPhone

I might be confused, but if I use ROM manager to reboot into recovery, am I not rebooting into CWM, same as if I used the VOL/PWR combination to do so? Once I'm in recovery mode and I have CWM installed, does it matter if I access it from ROM manager or hard key reboot?

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I might be confused, but if I use ROM manager to reboot into recovery, am I not rebooting into CWM, same as if I used the VOL/PWR combination to do so? Once I'm in recovery mode and I have CWM installed, does it matter if I access it from ROM manager or hard key reboot?

Yes, they're both the same... you can boot into recovery which ever way you prefer.. either from ROM Manager or through Bootloader.

Daemonax

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know where the wallpaper are stored in the zip? My wifes friend likes one of them and she has a thunderbolt...

They are in the DXCLauncher.apk under /system/app.

I assumed you were talking about the AB specific wallpapers. The stock wallpapers are in TwWallpaperChooser.apk.

Last edited:

mslpilt#AC

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Been running AB since its release with no issues whatsoever, but as of yesterday my bluetooth connectivity has stopped working. Anyone had similiar issues? Haven't changed any software, settings, devices, etc. prior to it no longer connecting. Anyone?

P2Kmafia

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
i just had a quick question before i flashed this rom i'm new to the android scene as i was an avid ios jailbreaker:

how do i flash back to the stock fw for my droid charge in case i don't like the rom or don't fully understand it yet

thanks in advance

Nidaja

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
This will be a newbish question, bear with me :)

If install CWM via Odin, then install Peanutbutta Jelly Time with voodoo, THEN can I install this ROM?

In reading this thread, I read that this ROM is installed via Odin....but then you aren't getting that voodoo kernel, right? Is Voodoo incompatible with this ROM?

May 19, 2011
Visit site
This will be a newbish question, bear with me :)

If install CWM via Odin, then install Peanutbutta Jelly Time with voodoo, THEN can I install this ROM?

In reading this thread, I read that this ROM is installed via Odin....but then you aren't getting that voodoo kernel, right? Is Voodoo incompatible with this ROM?

you are correct with your steps. this rom is not installed via odin anymore. AB v1-4 were done using odin. 5 is flashed with CWM. As for voodoo being compatible, its not so much the rom being compatible its the kernel and therefore, the PBJT kernel is compatible with voodoo and it works with this rom.

make sure you wipe your phone with cwm, then flash your kernel, then flash the rom.