[ODIN] [ROM] [EP1F] Humble 2.1 Gingerbread 2.3.4 (7-10-2011)

danalo1979

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Humble 2.1 is the easiest way to get your Droid charge to gingerbread by far. This rom is extremely stable and should hopefully be problem free. Since this rom is built off of the gingerbread EP1F leak there may be some issues. So far this baby is fast and seems to be good on battery life "so far".... I am still tweaking and will put the Humble battery savings stamp on this thing soon. In the meantime... Please enjoy some killer EP1F goodness.

**Since this rom is based off the GB Leak it will have issues so be prepared to experience them**
**Humble 2.1 is a completely different baseband, kernel, and lte/cdma modem flash to 2.3.4. You cannot carry any EG2 items over**

Known issues with the EP1F leak:

- Download progress bar has brown background on dropdown menu (will fix soon)

Humble 2.1

- Debloated
- Fully Deodexed
- Glow on pop up menu
- Themed download and volume bars
- Custom battery indicator
- Custom transitions
- Working my verizon app
- Increased Dalvik heap size to 64mb (saves battery)
- Increased wifi scanning from 15 seconds to 180 seconds (saves battery)
- Added AOSP launcher
- Themed Status bar drop down w/ transparency
- 70% depooped brown themeing
- Status bar colors change from white to green on startup
- I will offer several battery indicator mods for this so hang tight if you don't like the stock indicator

This Rom still needs themeing for several apk's... Wanted to give you some EP1F love, then I will theme away. Hang tight... the poop brown is going away. For now I am focusing on stability and battery savings.

(if you are already on the EP1F gingerbread leak then you can start at step 6)

Instructions

1. Download the bloated odin update package from here ----> http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=15408428&postcount=1

2. Unpack the gingerbread update package with 7z ( Download )

3. Flash the gingerbread update package with ODIN Leave your battery in for this flash (this updates your LTE modem and CDMA modem to the EP1F release) (Very stable so far)

4. Phone will boot up to the OS and will have some random issues... This is ok because we are going to fix those next. Let the phone boot up fully. Don't worry about setting anything up.

5. Shut phone down

6. Download Humble 2.1 (System + kernel only) -----> MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
Mirror: Humble21.tar.7z
Mirror: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=15523956&postcount=96

7. Unpack Humble 2.1 with 7z

8. Flash Humble 2.1 with ODIN

9. Wipe data/factory reset (Very important)

10. Wipe Cache (Very Important)

11. Use spare parts app to speed up transitions (if you dislike the transitions then disable them

12. Enjoy a stable EP1F Gingerbread rom

If this made your life easier and you like this rom, please consider donating. Thanks

Donate Here ------> https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=BBRTRZUA8SS8J

dredin

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I have noticed i'm having a few misc problems. Sometimes typing with swype isn't great either, for example I have to press the space bar multiple times for it to take, and I couldn't get Pandora to continue streaming music for more than about 2 minutes. This is the first time I ROM'd my droid charge - so I'm definitely thinking that human error is likely the cause, but before I wiped and tried to flash again, I wanted to see if anyone else was having similar problems.

Thoughts?

Grenalis

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Very nice Mod loving the non brown colors. Only one thing it could use that i would love to see. CRT on off animation. Would be sweet.

Tueyjr

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I was just checking to see if this is still being updated. I haven't send a new post in a while.

Im interested in trying this ROM, but I want to be sure I get my facts straight. First off, is this voodoo comparable or is voodoo a froyo thing? Second, are there plans to upgrade to the newest (ep1h?) Release?

I'm comfortable flashing with coding and cwm but I want to get my stuff straight before I venture into new territory.

Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej