OEM screen protector v.s. OEM glass screen protector?

eak1570

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I just got the OEM glass screen protector but after watching a lot of YouTube installation videos seem like difficult to apply.

I guess I have to stick with OEM screen protector for now.

Anyone here had OnePlus glass screen protector installed? Thanks.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Never use screen protectors they take away from the fell no matter how good they are , I carry my phone in my pocket with no issues just careful not to put change in the same place

anon(391898)

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I put on one of the glass screen protectors. My first ever. It wasn't too bad but there was one bubble that took more effort than the others to finally get rid of. Every since then it's been great and feels great (comparing to my last phone that had a plastic protector).

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I just got the OEM glass screen protector but after watching a lot of YouTube installation videos seem like difficult to apply.

I guess I have to stick with OEM screen protector for now.

Anyone here had OnePlus glass screen protector installed? Thanks.

I've put on many a glass screen protectors on many different phones before. With following onepluses instructions to use the included TPU case that comes with the phone to help align the protector, this was the easiest one to line up and install properly, to date.

Just clean it very well and keep an eye out for dust. But that goes for any screen protector. Might as well just put it on since you have it. It's easy.

It was, however, the most difficult one to get all the bubbles out. But that's nothing to worry about, it just takes some time to work out all the bubbles.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I got the OnePlus tempered glass because it was free because of the referral.

Anyways, it's a PITA. I'm still trying to remove two bubbles.

newcollector

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I got the OnePlus tempered glass because it was free because of the referral.

Anyways, it's a PITA. I'm still trying to remove two bubbles.
I have the 5T with the tempered glass protector installed. I had a few bubbles as well, but I actually removed it after a few weeks, and reinstalled, this time applying a little pressure in the middle and making sure the upper left corner was the very last thing to be glued down. I also slid upward and toward the corner to work out the bubbles while applying. You have to be careful not to apply too much pressure or you will break the glass protector.

It sounds more difficult than it was. It worked like a charm... no bubbles. And I have no loss of sensitivity nor do you notice any "feel" difference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OlegHelg