Official 2.1 findings thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyguide83

Nov 16, 2009
www.northwestfrontier.com
So when this update is pushed out, and eventually cracked (I assume not more than a week, if they changed anything at all :)), do you think people will be taking that supposed radio upgrade and putting them into ROMs?

Orrr just building ROMs off the upgrade (w/ radio)?

Damn I dont know if I want to unroot! killing me...

I'm right there with you! I would loose so many goodies... I like my theme WAY more than stock.. Then again, nothing is going to be as bug free as OEM...:cool:

pstinger

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Root = No OTA, right?

Just got a weird back-to-back reset, droid just sitting on my desk like it normally does... hmm, should I unroot and see? :D

Dapke36

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm right there with you! I would loose so many goodies... I like my theme WAY more than stock.. Then again, nothing is going to be as bug free as OEM...:cool:

Very true, although the Ultimate Droid 7.8 i'm running has yet to get an FC on anything. Right now it was MORE stable than stock, as my icons haven't disappeared yet (regular occurrence on stock).

I'll probably just sit tight, as DA6 said, they'll yank the radio (and any other improvements) and put it on any updates.

On another note, I was just reading the new post at Droidmod.org, and they mentioned that the leaked ESE53 might have had a binary watermark on it. Can someone explain this? I have an idea, but its most likely not right.

G

GenericMessage

Very true, although the Ultimate Droid 7.8 i'm running has yet to get an FC on anything. Right now it was MORE stable than stock, as my icons haven't disappeared yet (regular occurrence on stock).

I'll probably just sit tight, as DA6 said, they'll yank the radio (and any other improvements) and put it on any updates.

On another note, I was just reading the new post at Droidmod.org, and they mentioned that the leaked ESE53 might have had a binary watermark on it. Can someone explain this? I have an idea, but its most likely not right.

A binary watermark (in regards to pc's that I've worked with), is a auto-lock algorithm. Or a tracker, I am not sure in regards to Android OS.

I.E.
That code is copied in a way it wasn't meant to, it self destructs.

R

Roy Aguilera

Used to track down the leak source.

R

Roy Aguilera

A binary watermark (in regards to pc's that I've worked with), is a auto-lock algorithm.

I.E.
That code is copied in a way it wasn't meant to, it self destructs.

So there is thousand of Droids waiting to self destruct a la terminator?
:(

ncc1701p

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
Wouldnt it be a great laugh if the 1000 people who were selected were already rooted and didnt get the notification?....

Corey

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
how?

1000 people get it. Theres like 5 of us posting here and we didn't get it.

This. On top of that, there's just under 5,000 active members on this forum, and only a fraction of those have a Droid. The odds of any of us getting one of the first 1,000 updates is not in our favor. Still fun to stare randomly at my phone and hope for some random message to pop up.

G

GenericMessage

how?

1000 people get it. Theres like 5 of us posting here and we didn't get it.

More than five, and there are hundreds of thousands of people who would claim it if they got it somewhere. We'd have heard about it now.

So there is thousand of Droids waiting to self destruct a la terminator?
:(

It turns on, you see the red eye, and you just year it yell "JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" and it blows up.

Status
Not open for further replies.