[Official] CyanogenMod 7 discussion

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Haven't notice the phone getting hot or the battery drain. Could be the fact I have only been using it for 5 hrs. Hope I can get a better read tomorrow.

Cubfan

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
I think it's that proximity sensor drain reported in some ROMs, as many are reporting proximity problems. #39 is great, though. Gonna take a lot of perfection to get me to switch.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
The only thing I have found "ODD" since I downloaded CM7's stable release about a week ago is for some reason my personal contact card is syncing with Facebook (like it should) but for some reason it's posting a picture of me that is months old and I don't even have on my account at all. If I click on Facebook for Android everything is correct but this picture is no where to be found.... and if I switch back to the Fresh ROM it correctly pulls from my current profile picture... EVERYONE else in my contacts list that is synced to Facebook has the correct up to date picture just not mine... LOL... Very weird....

Heck the particular picture was deleted from my profile probably two months ago too.. No clue how it's pulling that and why... and I have deleted Facebook and reinstalled it and reflashed the ROM and it still pops up....

Reactions: AutumnLove

firedroidguy

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Hi I could use some help, I am currently using Warm TwoPointTwo RLS 5. Today I was feeling froggy and went into ROM manager, clicked on Download ROM, clicked the CyanogenMod folder, and then clicked on 7.0.0. After it downloaded, I backed up my phone like it asked then it rebooted and installed. Well sort of installed, it got to the part where it says CyanogenMod and has the blue droid under the moving circle. The first time the circle moved for an hour and a half straight before I did a battery pull and restored it back to Warm. The second time I tried to download it after a few times of the circle going around it would disappear off the screen then reappear. Yet again I restored back to Warm. Does anyone have any ideas on what I am doing wrong???? Thanks for any help you can give. And if it helps I had a friend root my Evo and he showed me how to change them but it wasnt till today that I decided to try it. Thanks

I added a photo of what the screen looks like.

Last edited:

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Hi I could use some help, I am currently using Warm TwoPointTwo RLS 5. Today I was feeling froggy and went into ROM manager, clicked on Download ROM, clicked the CyanogenMod folder, and then clicked on 7.0.0. After it downloaded, I backed up my phone like it asked then it rebooted and installed. Well sort of installed, it got to the part where it says CyanogenMod and has the blue droid under the moving circle. The first time the circle moved for an hour and a half straight before I did a battery pull and restored it back to Warm. The second time I tried to download it after a few times of the circle going around it would disappear off the screen then reappear. Yet again I restored back to Warm. Does anyone have any ideas on what I am doing wrong???? Thanks for any help you can give. And if it helps I had a friend root my Evo and he showed me how to change them but it wasnt till today that I decided to try it. Thanks

I added a photo of what the screen looks like.

I'm not a user of Rom Manager but did you select wipe data and cache?

If so, try downloading the rom and gapps (found on page 1) and flash it manually. Wipe data, cache, and dalvik cache. See if that helps.

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
DOes wiping the data and cache clear the phone? Thanks

Data yes, if you have games your data will be gone. You need an app to back them up. There are some in the market. Titanium Backup is one of many. Your apps will remain in the market. I use appbrain to store the apps I have. Your contacts should be stored with Google so when you sign back in Google will sync them automatically.

Cache will help clear some space but will not cause you to lose anything.

Going from one rom to a different you need to clear those.

Reactions: firedroidguy

Telperion

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Anybody else having recurring but intermittent issues with your phone displaying a blank, black screen? I'll hit the back or home button and it'll be blank, but, menu works to bring up the home screen settings, and home again works. It's not something I can duplicate at will until the problems start, and they're solved by a reboot.

redrocketship

May 16, 2010
Visit site
If my phone is on vibrate, it does not vibrate when I have a new txt message. I have looked everywhere and cant find a setting, can anyone point me to the right place? Im running Cyanogen-7.0.0-Supersonic

Besides this one issue, Im loving it but I leave my phone on vibrate most of the day and need to know when I have a txt.

Thanks for any help!

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
So Facebook keeps force closing on me am i the only one with that problem? Is there a solution to fixing it?

You're not the only one. When I updated the Facebook app it brought a BUNCH of FCs. I notice in the comment section of the app a lot of people were having it too with their evo's.

If I can find the previous version that would be nice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MansiDaware