Official Droid X Froyo update thread

snppr22

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
This is getting ridiculous. 3rd attempt and still getting an error during installation.

I have been at this for almost 3 hours and it is yet to work any better than the POS Eris I used to have. 3G is worthless, WiFi doesnt work, Messaging is f'd, screen scrolling is worse than the worst home replacement, the lock screen takes 30 seconds to unlock... I know other people had no problems, but this is a nightmare for me.

Keep in mind this is a just activated device, less than 6 hours since it was turned on, no root, no nothing. :(

djxtreme

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Major Sigh... same exact outcome here. I was rooted... with no 2.2 leak or anything. No Roms ever.

Went to the de-brick your phone section and went through every step carefully. Now the bootloader is up and says "Service Req'd" amongst some other stuff.

Anyone?

Ashley

i had the same problem did several battery pulls and now it comes up if you pull the batt and wait ten minutes put it back in seems to work fine

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Anyone having issues with the Market? Everything else is working great for me but the Market is being very slow if not totally dead.

GTvert90

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Anyone having issues with the Market? Everything else is working great for me but the Market is being very slow if not totally dead.

I haven't downloaded it yet... and at this point may not. But I'd think so many people are redownloading aps that is what's causing it.

geo_guru

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I am so pissed. I can't even download it. It either says can not update right now or just sits there looking for an update for half an hour. What the heck!!!!!!

newob

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Success here. unrooted and restored phone prior to download. very smooth process. flash looks great. its still hard to believe that after all this time thinking about it, its finally here. pretty sweet.

geo_guru

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
What the heck is wrong with my phone. It searches for half hour and never find an update or says can't update right now.please try again later

piddonkadonk

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Thoughts on Froyo

Here is my quick update on install of Froyo:

- Actual update: took less than 10 minutes to download, and less than 5 to install. Didn't have phone rooted prior. Did have Wi-Fi turned on. hung for second on droid eye, but nothing crazy. After it started up, it took another minute or two on homepage before it recognized that I had USB plugged in charging and until it said the phone was updated with new OS with confirmation message.

- Haptic keyboard feedback definitely is softer (less vibration). Not sure if I like that, but oh well I guess. Intense haptic feedback is what helped me transition from bberry.

- First hour with the device seemed laggy, but somehow it slipped into its groove and now typing and flipping through homepage screens is very smooth.

- The sliding unlock screen is still laggy and bugs me, but not the end of the world.

- Had to download flash (some people were noting that it came with their update???).

- Market was working fine for me

- Websites seem to be loading significantly faster on same Wi-Fi network I use on a nightly basis

- When a notification email comes up saying that I've got an email in Android stock email app (I use this with Google Apps email addy because I like it's functionality better than Gmail app), I open via notification, and I delete the email, it pops me out onto the home screen as opposed to my inbox. Haven't decided if I like this better or not, but definitely noticeable.

- Calendar loads much smoother.

- Definitely peeved like other users about the lack of .com button in the browser.

Last edited:

gtmci84s

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
So I've tried to test flash on a couple of websites and it is saying that I do not have it. I went in to the market and installed the update and its still doing the same. If i look at my downloads in the market it shows flash installed but apparently it isn't working, even after a reboot. Any one with a similar issue?

Explicit

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
So I've tried to test flash on a couple of websites and it is saying that I do not have it. I went in to the market and installed the update and its still doing the same. If i look at my downloads in the market it shows flash installed but apparently it isn't working, even after a reboot. Any one with a similar issue?

Yep having the same issue here with flash

Edit: Flash does work, except when I go to lets say HBO.com then it says I need flash weird.

Last edited:

quikric

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Got it a few hours ago, didn't have wifi available, so took around 22 minutes give or take a couple to download, then a couple more to for phone to shut off, then turn back on. Received the on screen message that the download was successful so yeah!Been playing around, but reserving judgment untill I'm more awake, and play some more.

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgegerta08