Official: Galaxy S8 / S8+ Pre-Order Thread

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Re: Official: Galaxy S8+ Pre-order thread

Best Buy isn't getting theirs until May 8 but they will be the unlocked version. Hope that helps

Best Buy isn't getting what until May 8th? They're planning to have carrier locked models on release day and then the unlocked models next month. Is that what you mean?

Liquid_Chaos87

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site

LOl...I know I checked my bank account again....to see if they charged the $130. Checked TMO to see any updates to my order.....checked MyUPS to see if I have any deliveries on the schedule planner.

My feelings/hope is TMO will ship out by 4/14 a week early

https://media4.giphy.com/media/oapRMmB6488i4/200.webp#4

Don't get my hopes up! I'm with Verizon and they seem to be last in a lot of things, but last year I did get the S7 Edge 3 days early. I'm thinking by the 17th they will ship out.

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site

Don't get my hopes up! I'm with Verizon and they seem to be last in a lot of things, but last year I did get the S7 Edge 3 days early. I'm thinking by the 17th they will ship out.

my prediction for TMO anyway is they will start charging accounts starting 4/7 and through the weekend. Then start shipping 4/17

BeyondtheTech

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: Official: Galaxy S8 Pre-Order Thread

A couple people on Reddit are claiming they've gotten charges, not preauthorizations, on their credit cards. One from AT&T and one from Samsung.

Just checked my preorder at T-Mobile. No charge, no change.

Think they're ready to roll? Would they be shipping overseas, which is why there's still 17 days to go, or will carriers and retailers be delivering earlier than the 21st?

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

A couple people on Reddit are claiming they've gotten charges, not preauthorizations, on their credit cards. One from AT&T and one from Samsung.

Just checked my preorder at T-Mobile. No charge, no change.

Think they're ready to roll? Would they be shipping overseas, which is why there's still 17 days to go, or will carriers and retailers be delivering earlier than the 21st?

Still nothing from Samsung for me. Still being processed, the order that is.

jb4kats

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site

It's not a Tab S3 but an option to get your SPen fix is a Tab A and it's about $300 dollars cheaper. I saw both S8 and S8+ today and even though the width is the same as the 7 Edge the length is longer and I am not really hyped about that but gosh the display is unbelievable. Makes the 7 Edge look washed out.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site

Are they the same idiots who mishandled the Gear S2 promo with the S7's? If so, good luck with getting anything.
No idea. But I got all 3 of my SD cards from the Note 7 without a problem. Got the first one 9 days after getting the phone.

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

the Gear S2 promo did take forever to get, but, I did get it

however I dont know if that was Verizon or Samsung that messed it up

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

the Gear S2 promo did take forever to get, but, I did get it

however I dont know if that was Verizon or Samsung that messed it up

Neither. Samsung turns those over to a 3rd party to manage. It took 7 months to get my S2, after Verizon interceded for me.

Crimsonforce

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site

I had the regular galaxy s8 on pre order from Verizon but switched it to the s8 plus after playing with both at best buy today. The s8 plus felt surprisingly easy to handle. Pre order status says delivery date of 4/21.

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site

Doubt it. I think they are more annoyed when you don't buy accessories from them lol.

This pretty much. Sometimes I end up finding out they added insurance or some other service I didn't authorize. I hate it when that happens because sometimes it takes forever for me to find out since I have such a large account.

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site

Verizon customer here as well..I hope that's the case

I'm with Verizon and according to my receipt, I am receiving my S8 Plus on Apr 21, the day of release. On Apr 22, I'm going to Samsung Promotions and get the Infinitely immersive bundle. Which includes a Samsung VR set, Oculus content bonus, AKG Bluetooth headphones, and a Samsung 256GB microSD card.

Muahaha!