Official: Galaxy S8 / S8+ Pre-Order Thread

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: Official: Galaxy S8+ Pre-order thread

Wont pre order but will buy after some drops tests ect from youtube :)
Just go with the mindset that if you drop your phone, the screen will more than likely break and take whatever precautions you need to limit this from happening and you'll be fine.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

Just pre-ordered my S8+ in Midnight Black. Went and looked at the Orchid Grey, but I wasn't a huge fan of the color. I'm color blind though, so I see colors kinda weird. Others say it's a soft lilac, but I saw it as a bright purple.

RevePro

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Re: Official: Galaxy S8 Pre-Order Thread

I pre-ordered from Sprint on Friday. Selected the Artic Silver. Very excited for this phone!

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site

In no rush as I'm waiting for better offers.

This VR bonus will be sold. I want to trade my dead hTc One M7.

DaHui623

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site

Ordered Arctic Silver from Target. $100 gift card upon activation in store. And I have a $50 gift certificate for Samsung.com I got from points I saved up using Samsung Pay. I'll probably put that towards the $99 bundle.

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

Normally I am strongly against pre ordering something but I am itching not to do it ;)

Cheers

lgossin

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

ordered the S8 in Orchid Gray yesterday at Best buy/Verizon. 3 dollars a month less than getting it at Verizon. It was great to actually fondle the phone before purchase. Moving from an S5

Manulous

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site

Pre-ordered from AT&T. Went with the black model. I've never pre-ordered a phone before, but my LG G4's software issues are driving me up a wall.

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

I've decided not to pre order. I don't care about 've but I do care about being sure that I know what I'm getting so I'm going to wait until it's been released long enough to get a better idea of how it's going to perform in the real world.

jaye3rd89

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site

I pre-ordered The black S8+ through sprint online about 30 minutes after the site allowed you to pre-order.

I've never pre-ordered so I don't know what to expect. Is it possible to get the phone sooner? Or is it usually delayed horribly past the retail release date?

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

I ordered my tmobile s8 plus from Samsung. I'm just wondering about us who order from samsung or best buy does that tick the sales reps in the carrier stores off when you go there if you are having a problem with your service or a billing issue and they see you with your new S8 but it's not registered in their system to your account because you didn't buy it there and give you crappy service lol?

Like my unlocked V20 i bought from Amazon and then went to a tmobile store to buy a defender for it but the rep didn't seem mad about how I didn't buy it from them.

jaye3rd89

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site

I'm just wondering about us who order from samsung or best buy does that tick the sales reps in the carrier stores off when you go there if you are having a problem with your service or a billing issue and they see you with your new S8 but it's not registered in their system to your account because you didn't buy it there and give you crappy service lol?

Like my unlocked V20 i bought from Amazon and then went to a tmobile store to buy a defender for it but the rep didn't seem mad about how I didn't buy it from them.

Unless the employee is petty I doubt they'd care.

All my android phones have been purchased (except this one since Sprint did away with the 2 year contract prices) from bestbuy.

Bestbuy is also where I bought my otterbox case and invisishield screen protector from.

If it came to my case or screen protector I'd have bestbuy put it on on the off chance it got damaged and needed replaced.

Anything that involved my bill or the phone itself (say it wasn't working) I went to Sprint directly.....

AlekseyShavman

Apr 1, 2017
Visit site

I plan to use my phone in Russia, T-mobile said to get unlock I need to have them account for at least 40 days, can someone explain it more???

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

I ordered my tmobile s8 plus from Samsung. I'm just wondering about us who order from samsung or best buy does that tick the sales reps in the carrier stores off when you go there if you are having a problem with your service or a billing issue and they see you with your new S8 but it's not registered in their system to your account because you didn't buy it there and give you crappy service lol?

Doubt it. I think they are more annoyed when you don't buy accessories from them lol.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

I preordered today thinking the display dimensions would grow on me, but opposite took place after spending a full hour with the 8+. Kind of backwards since I tried one first and said, No, then messed with it and read up on the 835 (plays emulators fast). I rationalized since it played Dead or Alive++ smooth using the app MAMEReloaded 139. This is the first portable chipset for Android to play this smoothly. The 821 as example is herky jerky and not playable. I use DOA++ as a test for CPU power, since MAME is all CPU and barely any GPU. Anyway, I got pumped and "had" to order when it played that game smoothly.

Anyway once preordered, I took one hour to test content out on it (I installed MAME and downloaded DOA++ on it earlier)- thanks to the BB rep for letting me. Most video content is black bars on the side, but fits perfect on a typical 5.7" display. My Note 4 looked better. Ditto for any web content. More so than I noticed before. The corners especially bugged me, since they cut off the corners even if the content fills the display. Wish they put the "innards" of this device into the Note 4 :) That, or the Note 7 :)

I will cancel tomorrow and wait to see how the Note 8 pans out. Me thinks perhaps more of the same for the display dimensions.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickness54