[Official] Nexus 4 is Still in Stock and I Just Got One Thread

Jax Tiger

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Just got a 16G Nexus 4 at 2:45 EST

I tried unsuccessfully at noon. I logged back in at 2:45 to see if I could get an update on restocking. The 8G was still showing as not available. Just for grins, I checked the 16G, and it showed as available. I ordered one, and unlike this morning, everything went smoothly. I checked my bank account and the deduction had been taken. After I got out, I checked the 8G again, and it was still not available. I switched over to the 16G, and it now shows as unavailable (or coming soon).

Anyway, it looks like they are putting some up for sale sporadically. I was planning on getting an 8G, but ended up with a 16G... I think that is the opposite of what many people ended up with.

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: Hit refresh multiple times and it worked!!!

I was able to get the "add to cart" button but got an error after...i'll keep trying

howarmat

Trusted Member
Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Re: Just got a 16G Nexus 4 at 2:45 EST

i just went back and hit F5 a couple times and got a 16 gb to pop up and was able to add to the cart.

Jamezy

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

Good for you. I think the UK store had far less stock. They put it on at 8am which is a time for many for 'going to work'. I've tried for about 30 minutes constantly refreshing and no joy at all. I don't mind pre-ordering and waiting for the phone for a few weeks but what if it sells out the second batch again?

This is my first Android phone order, and I must admit, I'm pretty disappointed that if I go into a store without stock of an item, they'll usually get one on backorder but Google store can't do this? I know they might of had issues with delivery before but surely a disclaimer about the length of delay with mitigate against complaints instead of just 'wait a few weeks' which isn't even the official line from Google, just wait for an email and pray they put them on?

Not impressed...

KenDavidson

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

I have been refreshing all day, congrats on getting that one :) Hopefully they will be in stock again soon.

Jax Tiger

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

Thanks. I just wanted to let people know that there may still be some available. I say "may", because even though my bank account has been deducted for $387+ and my Google Wallet order reflects a Nexus 4, I have yet to receive a confirmation e-mail.

lumley

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

This is good news to hear. US or UK? I've installed page monitor on chrome so I'm hoping it'll tell me if/when they're available (I'm UK based)

cinek

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site

you can cancel your order within an hour of purchasing i think so you got lucky as someone cancelled

Jax Tiger

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

That's exactly what I did, but I think the timing must have been perfect, because I only clicked on the 16G one time...

Jax Tiger

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

I just got another 16G device for my wife. I spent a few minutes hitting refresh for this one. There are there, people...

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site

MY order was just placed!!!! I did the refresh thing and it went through!!!! YAY!!! Total was $392 for a 16 GB 3:38PM EST

I also just got a confirmation email =)

Order placed
Thank you. Your order has been placed, and you will receive an email shortly with the details of your purchase.
ITEM PRICE QTY TOTAL
Nexus 4 (16GB) $349.00 1 $349.00
ORDER NUMBER
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Subtotal: $349.00
Shipping: $13.99
Tax: $29.49
Total: $392.48

KenDavidson

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Just purchased 16 GB @ 3:34 PM

Been hitting refresh for the past hour non-stop on both the 16 and 8 GB models pages. Finally snagged a 16 GB model at 3:34 PM.

Nexus 4 (16 GB) $349.00
2 day Shipping $ 13.99
Tax $ 21.78

Total Purchase: $384.77

Went through Google Wallet without a hitch this time unlike this mornings attempts. Shows funds already processed in my online banking statement.

I think maybe Google is realeasing these in small batches to keep their servers up for check out.

I wanted an 8 GB but am happy with the 16 too.

KitN

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Re: Just purchased 16 GB @ 3:34 PM

Congrats man. :D

What's the estimated shipping date they have you?

Sent from my Nexus 7

Dareoth

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site

I got mine at 3:34pm as well. As for why, here is my recent post from Google+ (I am +Matthew Foran if anyone cares)...

"Google Play is interestingly enough still occasionally letting people order the Nexus 4. My guess, is they sold out of their "stock". But with the servers getting hammered, many of the orders filling that stock are probably duplicates. Especially with multiple phone orders getting duplicated. (I.e., ordered 3 phones and got 5 orders because of server issues). So then as they introduce those phones back into the pool, and people have an F5 click race to order one."

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site

I also just purchased mine at 3:38pm EST

I hit the refresh for about 20 minutes. I had numerous failed purchases then it went through finally =)

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site

Well I've got my fingers crossed. I even wrote a greasemonkey script that refreshes every 1 second if the "Notify Me" button is on the page, and alerts me if it isn't. It's been running for a while, tho. :(

edit: I just modified it to automatically add to cart. Hopefully it works.

And we wonder why the Google servers had trouble keeping up!

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure I am willing to spend my day hitting refresh to fix Google's mistakes.

Google promised one thing - that this phone would go on sale today. If you expected anything else, you made it up in your mind.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali