Oh AT&T...sigh.

AlphaBeepBeep

Apr 17, 2019
Visit site
So even though my account is paid up, and there aren't any installment plans on the account, they wouldn't allow me to have upgrade pricing.

I go to a store thinking they can sort it out. He fixed the upgrade issue, but then ordered me the S20 Ultra, not the Note 20 Ultra, despite me saying Note 20 Ultra and us LITERALLY having a conversation about it..

Sigh.

I get home, call AT&T. they can see the order, but because it was placed with the corporate store, and not the AT&T support (611 from my AT&T phone) they can't interact with the order. I don't have time today to go back to the store so now I have to go back there tomorrow.

I love AT&T's service, but their customer service experience is trash. The lady on the phone was nice, but because of the bureaucratic chaos that is AT&T, she couldn't do anything about the situation, incredibly frustrating.

Anyway, end rant..I guess I"ll just buy the phone outright from Best Buy. What a pita.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
So even though my account is paid up, and there aren't any installment plans on the account, they wouldn't allow me to have upgrade pricing.

I go to a store thinking they can sort it out. He fixed the upgrade issue, but then ordered me the S20 Ultra, not the Note 20 Ultra, despite me saying Note 20 Ultra and us LITERALLY having a conversation about it..

Sigh.

I get home, call AT&T. they can see the order, but because it was placed with the corporate store, and not the AT&T support (611 from my AT&T phone) they can't interact with the order. I don't have time today to go back to the store so now I have to go back there tomorrow.

I love AT&T's service, but their customer service experience is trash. The lady on the phone was nice, but because of the bureaucratic chaos that is AT&T, she couldn't do anything about the situation, incredibly frustrating.

Anyway, end rant..I guess I"ll just buy the phone outright from Best Buy. What a pita.

Well, after almost 15 years with "Big Red (Tape) Verizon, and finally switching to AT&T about 5 years ago, I'll stick with the "Bureaucratic Chaos" you speak of! You don't know how good you have it until you've tried the other guys!!! (Though I have heard that VZW has gotten much better!)

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Well, after almost 15 years with "Big Red (Tape) Verizon, and finally switching to AT&T about 5 years ago, I'll stick with the "Bureaucratic Chaos" you speak of! You don't know how good you have it until you've tried the other guys!!! (Though I have heard that VZW has gotten much better!)
Every carrier has had horror stories. Everything is great with a carrier until you have the one issue.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Every carrier has had horror stories. Everything is great with a carrier until you have the one issue.
True... when I left VZW, it was more of a "we've got the Market cornered so we don't have to listen to you OR your complaints - go away!" A lot of people were leaving at the same time I left and I think they got the idea and finally changed... hell, even "Paul" left and went to become the Spokesman for Sprint!
eLaugh_3.jpg

TMavC5

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I don't see that. Don't include device payments in the bill, that's not what Verizon costs.

What is your unlimited data plan without the throttle family share plan?

ATT Unlimited Elite shared: $60.44 include tax, and 3 per lines of $34.50(tax included). (* might throttle if exceed 100GB) and all devices are paid.

Capture2.PNG

Last edited:

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
If you think reception is similar with at&t and Verizon, you obviously don't travel.
I do actually just within the 4 cornered states. Well I did before covid for 10 years lol. Its the only section I care for and need reception.

Work phone is vzw and personal is att. Reception is mostly equal and some areas where one has reception and the other doesn't or one is weaker than the other.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I do actually just within the 4 cornered states. Well I did before covid for 10 years lol. Its the only section I care for and need reception.

Work phone is vzw and personal is att. Reception is mostly equal and some areas where one has reception and the other doesn't or one is weaker than the other.
I think they both are good, just seems to me that Verizon leads in rural areas. Being a truck driver, that's important to me.

TMavC5

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
If you think reception is similar with at&t and Verizon, you obviously don't travel.

I have Verizon for work and AT&T for personal and I do most of my travel abroad. And they are both work great and some time AT&T has better coverage. And both suck without coverage up in the mountain.