Old Information about the Note 7 Recall

Status
Not open for further replies.

FutureMech

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
Re: Samsung has canceled the note 7 entirely.

It actually have some positives sides, no one will forget it in the nearby future, their S8 must be PERFECT and bring lot of new functions to be even looked at, they will test it much much better.

While the Note is speical, there are many phones that can offer u great alternative- LG V20, S7E, 1+3, Mate 8 and soon 9, Axon 7, might be even zenfone 3 deluxe...

I hope the next note will do everything right too.

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Re: LG V20 or Google Pixel?

I pulled the trigger and ordered a Pixel XL last night

Took advantage of the monthly payments

If you sign up for notifications google will email you right away when they are back in stock.

Extremevl

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site

This blows big time. There is absolutely no phone that interests me. It makes me sick to think I may have to use my s6 again. I get like 6 hours of battery life and have zero storage space available. The screen is so small too.

That does suck and it really sucks for people that sold their old phone and got the Note 7, think about having to re-purchase an older model phone you already owned or having to buy something else you really don't want...

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Re: OK, so now what?

When people say "Samsung has lost me forever", or "I'll never trust Samsung again" to effect how is it not a threat? After being able to triple-dip on the Gear Fit2, 256GB SD card, and Gear VR promotions through this entire ordeal, what more do you want? The value of the promotions pretty much offsets the price of a new Note. I guess some people will never be satisfied unless they want a personal apology or a free upgrade lol. Of course they want a free upgrade plus the chance to get a refund their current Note 7s too.

I understand the need to vent but such drama is unnecessary :p
Those things combined, do not offset the price we paid for this device. Maybe double those all together and you'll be a little closer, but not every one was able to take advantage of all of the offers all together.

BrutalhonestyM

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site

It is a shame that they got rid of the Note 7, which was perhaps the best phone in the market, however the battery explosive fiasco, Apple patent law suit and the consumer impatience for the Nougat update determines that Samsung has far too much on their hand, rendering them unable to proceed with improving the device. Knowing it has already received a lot of negative publicity, so with all the scaremongering, the device wouldn't regain its place in the market. Guess I got to keep my S6 too.

warlocks_x

Oct 11, 2016
Visit site
Samsung Officially discontinued Galaxy Note 7

Samsung confirms it has stopped making the faulty smartphone..

So its all done?
They should refund without going for a handset replace like Galaxy S7 Edge...

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Re: OK, so now what?

I see a lot of people here saying they would take a free phone and feel better... But here's the thing, regardless if you paid for this device outright, or you're on some kind of payment plan for it,and you want to keep it and have Samsung "give you a free phone", you're still paying for a phone that you should not, and possibly cannot, and likely won't be able to use. So even if you were "given a free phone" you're still paying for the Note7 by not returning it. Where's the free in that?!

Roman Akert

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site
Official; Galaxy Note 7 discontinued

SKY NEWS, 11th October 2016.

Well, the only reasonable solution imo. Bury this flawed phone and start fresh.

No matter what they do, it would continue to bite them in the proverbial and customer confidence in the brand would be further damaged.

Samsung share prices have plummeted by 11 billion!

Apple shares are increasing.

Dr Claw

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
Re: Official; Galaxy Note 7 discontinued

The terrorists have won. A future rife with mediocrity and excuses for the deletion of un-broken features awaits us.

whtchdr

May 23, 2013
Visit site

No links to a direct Samsung statement though.

Just saying.

It's permanent.
343bc67246c59bae992795d614ed5697.png

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site

It actually have some positives sides, no one will forget it in the nearby future, their S8 must be PERFECT and bring lot of new functions to be even looked at, they will test it much much better.

I have said the same. This complete disaster will actually greatly benefit Samsung buyers in the future. No doubt Samsung will go back to the drawing board on quality control, with no more rushing releases. I actually look forward to my next Samsung phone based on the N7 failure.

There is also one bit of silver lining in all this. That this happened to the N7 and not next year's N8. Next year will be the 10th anniversary of iPhone and apparently the iPhone 8 will go all out on new design and features. Including an all screen phone with no bezels and home button, or so all the rumours say.

But no doubt about it, the iPhone 8 will not be the incremental upgrade the iPhone 7 is and I suspect it will be a huge sales success. The Note 8 really needs to get it right to compete with the iPhone 8. This product failure comes at least at the right time to prepare Sammy to get their act together for the iPhone 8.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Re: Official; Galaxy Note 7 discontinued

SKY NEWS, 11th October 2016.

Well, the only reasonable solution imo. Bury this flawed phone and start fresh.

No matter what they do, it would continue to bite them in the proverbial and customer confidence in the brand would be further damaged.

Samsung share prices have plummeted by 11 billion!

Apple shares are increasing.

That's right. Apple shares have increased to record amounts this week because of Samsung. I read that on a few sites this morning.

daiwolf

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site

I just sold my note3 lol. Still have note5. Great phone but every since I got the note7 I can't seem to get myself to mess with the note5 lol. And the curves on note7 are perfect for me. I'd be afraid the s7 edge' s edges would be to curved if you know what i mean. My fiance has s6 edge plus and I don't like the curves. But when it comes to Samsung i only really like the note series.

Guess I'm holding on to my note 4 ... dammit come on samsung I was,soooo looking forward to a note 7 . Hopefully they make a note 8 or something *sighs*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xak47d