OMG!!!!!!!!!!

hockey4life0099

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Yeah that's what the lady at the sprint store said, My launch day evo the cell radio went out, #2 major screen separation,#3 screen separation/bleed, dead pixel and the home button would not light up when charging, #4 major dust/bricked, #5 good phone but the LCD failed.

And I updated at full battery charge on #4 but I did update it twice that's what bricked it. Then #5 was perfect I got it in the afternoon set it up and when I got home I charged it and check for HTC update from the updates menu(just like before) The first update was for the SD card and it went good. Then I checked again and the newest update showed. I then checked the forums to see if it was safe and it was and ran the update. and that's when the LCD failed. Now I'm on #6.

I really am afraid of standing outside while it is storming for fear of getting struck by lightening.

none of my buttons light up when my charger is plugged in, are they supposed to? i thought it was weird when i noticed it on day one but i just figured thats how it was supposed to be.

Raf

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm...my buttons don't light up when charging. Are they supposed to? I'd really like to know. Although, regardless...the phone works great, even after updates. I wouldn't return it just for that.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Yeah that's what the lady at the sprint store said, My launch day evo the cell radio went out, #2 major screen separation,#3 screen separation/bleed, dead pixel and the home button would not light up when charging, #4 major dust/bricked, #5 good phone but the LCD failed.

And I updated at full battery charge on #4 but I did update it twice that's what bricked it. Then #5 was perfect I got it in the afternoon set it up and when I got home I charged it and check for HTC update from the updates menu(just like before) The first update was for the SD card and it went good. Then I checked again and the newest update showed. I then checked the forums to see if it was safe and it was and ran the update. and that's when the LCD failed. Now I'm on #6.

I really am afraid of standing outside while it is storming for fear of getting struck by lightening.

Just amazing... Your more a man than I am.... After my second one I would have got my money back.

I feel very fortunate... The only "KNOWN" issue I had was the screen grounding issue... But heck had I not read about it I never would have known about it since I don't use my phone with out holding it... The update seems to have fixed that issue.... and just because I have tested it...

Other than that I never had WiFi issues, No dust under the screen, No screen separation issues, No light leakage, I updated on the morning of the 28th and it went quick... 15 minutes from download to install to reboot to up and running as usual, battery life has actually been way better than I expected after reading reviews before the phone hit the market and my battery went 26 hours (8 am yesterday until 10am today) after the update.. It seems after the update I get WAY better stand by battery life but even before I averaged 14 - 16 hours before no choice charging... Last night I went to bed after 16 hours and still had 30% left... got up this morning at 8ish and it was still reading 20% finally around 10 it was at 15% so I plugged her up.

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Just amazing... Your more a man than I am.... After my second one I would have got my money back.

I feel very fortunate... The only "KNOWN" issue I had was the screen grounding issue... But heck had I not read about it I never would have known about it since I don't use my phone with out holding it... The update seems to have fixed that issue.... and just because I have tested it...

Other than that I never had WiFi issues, No dust under the screen, No screen separation issues, No light leakage, I updated on the morning of the 28th and it went quick... 15 minutes from download to install to reboot to up and running as usual, battery life has actually been way better than I expected after reading reviews before the phone hit the market and my battery went 26 hours (8 am yesterday until 10am today) after the update.. It seems after the update I get WAY better stand by battery life but even before I averaged 14 - 16 hours before no choice charging... Last night I went to bed after 16 hours and still had 30% left... got up this morning at 8ish and it was still reading 20% finally around 10 it was at 15% so I plugged her up.
Thanks, I just really want to give this phone a fair chance. I did inspect the one have now before leaving and so far so good(somebody knock on wood for me).

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
one guy gets 5+ sequentially bad devices in less than a month??? i'm incredulous. statistically the odds are better for getting struck by lightning or winning the lottery.

i'm voting user error.

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
one guy gets 5+ sequentially bad devices in less than a month??? i'm incredulous. statistically the odds are better for getting struck by lightning or winning the lottery.

i'm voting user error.

I know I'm afraid to stand in an open field in broad day light.
And it was absolutely nothing I did!!!! Period even the Sprint tech agreed. But think what you want, I don't really care about your opinion.