On FedEx Vehicle for Delivery! My OP8T

metallifan33

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Due to convenience (family members and hand-me-down capability), I've been on the Apple/iOS train for the last 2 years and am finally coming back to Android! I've missed it. I've been trying out a Pixel 4a the last week and have been really impressed with Android 11.
Former Nova Prime user here and the only disappointment has been the lack of customizability in the Pixel launcher. I guess they want to cater more to a "normie" crowd, so I thought I'd give OP a try. Didn't like the thought of a curved screen, so I went with the 8T.
I've never used a 120 hz phone either as am excited for that (I have a 2020 iPad pro and love the high refresh rate screen).
I think I'll give Oxygen UI a chance for a while. It seems as close to stock as I'd like with some added customizability that I felt the Pixel launcher lacked (google search bar and date/wx widget on top and some other things).
We'll see. Excited for it though.
I'll miss the size of the 4a as I feel it's perfect. Who knows, maybe I'll keep a Pixel and the OP and switch off.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
That's so awesome! You must have your OnePlus 8T by now! Happy Phone Week! How are you liking it so far?

You're right in that Oxygen OS is quite close to stock Android - and I've heard it's pretty cool beans, too! I didn't know that it had a bit more customization options than its Pixel Launcher counterpart - that's really awesome!

Let us know how you are liking your new phone, and congratulations again!

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I came from a Pixel 4XL to the 8T and for the most part I'm happy. The only thing I am lacking is WiFi calling but it really hasn't been an issue. Otherwise after having a T-Mobile 6T then going to the Pixel for awhile and now back while the Pixel is a simple and fluid experience I feel like oxygen OS provides the right amount of customization that you just can get in a Pixel. Simple things like being able to use an icon pack, or not use the at a glance widget, change the clock style on the ambient display, use AOD or ambient display, and the stock OP launcher is as good as Nova for me.

The pixels are great, but pretty basic, OP offers just enough customization without going overboard like Samsung does.

dmateo

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
I came from a Pixel 4XL to the 8T and for the most part I'm happy. The only thing I am lacking is WiFi calling but it really hasn't been an issue. Otherwise after having a T-Mobile 6T then going to the Pixel for awhile and now back while the Pixel is a simple and fluid experience I feel like oxygen OS provides the right amount of customization that you just can get in a Pixel. Simple things like being able to use an icon pack, or not use the at a glance widget, change the clock style on the ambient display, use AOD or ambient display, and the stock OP launcher is as good as Nova for me.

The pixels are great, but pretty basic, OP offers just enough customization without going overboard like Samsung does.

Why don't you have WiFi calling? I just picked one up and set it up this morning, working fine for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali