On the verge of picking one up...

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
There is nothing to sY you can buy an international version or unlocked one here.

There is a lot to think about with an International version. First there are some issues popping up with them, Samsung has halted shipment.. I wouldn't get one now.

Also you have to really make sure you get the right one for using towers here. Some people have issues with LTE.

There is also the matter of Samsung support. You don't get Samsung support or Samsung warranty if you buy one. Samsung USA won't support an international model.. Not unless they have changed that on the last year.

Thank you!

I didn't realize the halted shipments were for the international versions, I figured it was for the currently ordered devices waiting to be filled.

My Passport was an unlocked/international version, and I had no issues with LTE on AT&T. Still on AT&T with the Note7 using the same nano SIM and no issues as far as I can tell. The halted shipments is definitely something to be concerned with, and the same with the warranty. I'm currently using Best Buy insurance on this since thats where I got it from.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Thank you!

I didn't realize the halted shipments were for the international versions, I figured it was for the currently ordered devices waiting to be filled.

My Passport was an unlocked/international version, and I had no issues with LTE on AT&T. Still on AT&T with the Note7 using the same nano SIM and no issues as far as I can tell. The halted shipments is definitely something to be concerned with, and the same with the warranty. I'm currently using Best Buy insurance on this since thats where I got it from.
I've always wanted an international version bit those things have stopped me. AT&T is horrible about the bloatware, I hated it when I was with them.

The T-Mobile version seems to work well on AT&T and T-Mobile puts very little bloat on the phone. Also T-Mobile has been very good this last year about getting updates out quickly and not messing with the Samsung features.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
I've always wanted an international version bit those things have stopped me. AT&T is horrible about the bloatware, I hated it when I was with them.

The T-Mobile version seems to work well on AT&T and T-Mobile puts very little bloat on the phone. Also T-Mobile has been very good this last year about getting updates out quickly and not messing with the Samsung features.
Unfortunately, AT&T has always been thr best of cell service for me in my area, and this is going back to the days of Cingluar and Cellular One before that. That's why I'm so hesitant to change. That, and all of my grandfathered unlimited plans, lol

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Oh I know lol

It gets more tricky when it comes to Android. Carriers still have a hold on the phones. There is a place that many buy from online but I don't know the name of the place or anything about it.

Now Samsung did some unlocked S7's they sold here but I don't think those got updates like the carrier ones did. That was a new venture for Samsung, selling a carrier unlocked one here.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately, AT&T has always been thr best of cell service for me in my area, and this is going back to the days of Cingluar and Cellular One before that. That's why I'm so hesitant to change. That, and all of my grandfathered unlimited plans, lol

I have a feeling Samsung will do a carrier unlocked version at some point in the US. I also have a feeling that the carriers pressured them to delay an official US unlocked for 6 months or so after release.

Samsung gives in to carriers way too much if you ask me. They have the brand recognition and power to get Apple like deals. No carrier branding, bloat, and faster software updates should be no problem for them to negotiate at this point.

I have a feeling they will announce a carrier unlocked version of the Note 7 at some point, but not until the carriers have an exclusive for 3-6 months like they did with the S7.