On to my fifth Samsung gs6

Strawberry1987

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
Hello, Guys my first post already onto my fifth replacement Galaxy s6 128gb
First two device was purchased sim free Amazon.co.uk came with Dust under screen and back rear camera dust too return for a refund.

This time I ordered from Samsung UK online store both unit arrived last Friday already one phone has dust on back camera shows up on pictures.

The other unit has a faulty back camera that wouldn't focus on anything unless I shake the device.
The quality control on these device are terrible.
New replacement coming next week

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! That's frustrating. I'm not sure if you had posted before about this, but I do recall reading another post about dust under the glass.

anon(607340)

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Highly unlikely you had dust under the screen. The AMOLED digitizers are sealed at the factory, it's not like older models that had gaps between the glass and digitizers.. dust under the screen would be impossible to occur at the warehouse level, and the digitizers are manufactured in 'clean room' environments way before the phone even gets put together.

NewAge

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Hello, Guys my first post already onto my fifth replacement Galaxy s6 128gb
First two device was purchased sim free Amazon.co.uk came with Dust under screen and back rear camera dust too return for a refund.

This time I ordered from Samsung UK online store both unit arrived last Friday already one phone has dust on back camera shows up on pictures.

The other unit has a faulty back camera that wouldn't focus on anything unless I shake the device.
The quality control on these device are terrible.
New replacement coming next week

Not that I don't believe you but do you have pics? At least of the pic that the dust behind the camera lens? And is there a screen protector installed? I couldn't imagine dust being so bad as to warrant a return and I've had some bad dust from BB Storm. It rarely noticeable on a lit screen.

And gratz on your first post! :confused:

Leah Corbett

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
Re: Dirty Lense

I have a dirty lens on my S5 and it's not the protective film. I've cleaned the outer glass thoroughly, and inspected it under a loop.
These 5 particles are on the lens or inside the glass. I found a video that shows how to replace. I also bought a replacement lens on ebay for 4 bucks just in case i crack this one while trying to remove it to clean it.

When I called Verizon, they made me reset all my cam settings and wanted me to do a factory reset. NOPE. It takes too long to customize all my settings and go back and log in to all the wi-fi hot spots and move back in to the phone. And all that hassle just to get a REFURB phone? :mad:
NOT A CHANCE!! SO, i found this video and I'm going to do it myself. I doubt it voids the warranty, because it disturbs nothing. Just have to be super clean and careful while doing it. My only concern is some people have said cam wont focus after putting on new lens cover, but i think they didn't push it in far enough. We'll see.

I can't post links. Sheesh. So just search youtube for "Galaxy S5 Camera Lens Cover Replacement - Fix and Repair", or if you have the S6, search for "replace s6 lens".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crowoverhoe