One year has passed since the Galaxy Nexus release.

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Well, it has been a year since the Samsung Galaxy Nexus came to Sprint and I wanted to see who still has one, has moved on, thoughts, etc.

I still have mine.
Well, I had to exchange it late last year as the external speaker quit and Sprint got me a new one.
I have been rooted in one form or another for over 1/2 of the time that I have had it.
Currently running JBSourcery which is the best ROM that I have tried.
Great 4G LTE reception the last few months here in the ATL area.
I still love the phone and am good until my upgrade on Dec 1st of this year.

Who else still has theirs?
Who has moved on and what did you replace it with?
Thoughts on the phone in general?

Thanks.

Mav. :cool:

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Still have it, and plan on having it for quite a while longer. Love some of the things the One has (mainly the dual front facing speakers), but that's not enough to justify switching phones again.

prolongExistence

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I bought a used GNex for Christmas (gift to me from my kids) to replace my horrendous Moto Admiral. Love the GNex, although I do miss the Admiral's battery life. Currently using JBSourcery as well which has significantly cut down on the random reboots but I do still get a few a week. Not sure why. I'm about to update to JBSourcery 5.2, maybe that'll help. Now if Sprint would just hurry up and put some LTE in NJ I'd be set. Still riding out my contract from buying the Admiral. Contract ends in October but I doubt I will get another phone at that time.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I used to have the Gnex. I bought one for myself and my father. The phone is awesome. I did move on to an iPhone 5. But every time my dad comes over and I see his I think to myself, that is a really good phone. My only complaint was the battery life. Even with the bigger battery that Sprint offered for free, it was still poor. But everything else was great. Never had an issue. Glad to hear that you guys are still rocking yours.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I got mine used last September after having the NS4G and loving it. I still have the Gnex and will wait for the Nexus 5 and hoping that one will be LTE on Sprint. Of course, I had to pass on the N4, Tmo has NO service within 25 miles of me so that was a moot point.

I will keep my Gnex no matter what, just like it's little brother the NS4G which is sitting on my nightstand in its dock like a good little NS4G should when it's retired from service. :p

I love my Gnex and think it's still got a lot of life left. I've never had any of the issues that others have had. I'm still stock using Nova Launcher. It does everything I need it to do well, and then some.

What?! ...I'm msndrstood.
via Gnex

jbuck79

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
Still have mine. Had the One Dev Edition pre-ordered and then canceled at the last minute because I didn't think it was $650 better than my trusty Galaxy Nexus. If that rumored N4 with LTE gets announced at I/O, I'm switching. I don't care what network it's on.

I still run the stock rom on my Galaxy Nexus (rooted, of course). I've tried all of the others and, in my opinion, the stock rom is so much more stable. I get great battery life (with an extended battery) and I never get any random reboots or anything. I know the custom roms have a lot of cool little features, but I've managed to find 3rd party apps that duplicate most of the ones that I care about.

TomRubin

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
I passed my Galaxy Nexus to my fiancee and I replaced it with a Nexus 4. The timing was right for me, since my Sprint contract was ending in June. The $50.00 ETF was easily justifiable since I'll be saving that on my first month of service with Straight Talk. She's happy, I'm happy. What more could a guy want?

McSkullough

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Picked one up in January after my gf fell in love with my GS3. Tried to root my first one, and completely messed up the phone. Found another on CL and haven't looked any another phone since. It does everything I need to, and I can operate it with one hand. I would like to try rooting again, but after messing up once, I'm a bit hesitant to give it another go.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Let me get this right u bricked a Gnex?? Its impossible to brick a Gnex seeing as the source is on googles website all u need then is odin to reflash stock back. But I've had mine since Nov last year and still loving it. I came from a sgs2 and plan on keeping it till my upgrade on Nov this year.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2

McSkullough

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Let me get this right u bricked a Gnex?? Its impossible to brick a Gnex seeing as the source is on googles website all u need then is odin to reflash stock back. But I've had mine since Nov last year and still loving it. I came from a sgs2 and plan on keeping it till my upgrade on Nov this year.

When I turn it on, the Google logo displays and it doesn't get any further into the boot phase. I don't know what to do from there. I thought I was ready for rooting, but it's way over my head.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
It wasn't messed up u just made a mistake in the rooting process. All u had to do was boot into download mode by holding power and volume up and plugging it in the pc

Downtown Taco

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
My Galaxy Nexus is still alive and well! I don't remember what ROM I'm running...but it's near stock and I am happy :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Got mine last July. Love it. Only complaint like everyone else is the crappy battery life. I am rooted and running AOKP ROM.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Instrumentals

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm just about to hit the one year mark with mine. Other than the battery life which has gotten better with the free extended battery I don't have many complaints, sure id like to have a bigger, better screen and all those other things but im quite content for the time being.

mij9895

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Last November I got a Galaxy Nexus as a replacement to my LG Viper. Replaced that one a week and a half later due to severe overheating issues. 2nd one I got has the same problem in addition to the crappy battery life, and I still need to take that back in to Sprint and get it exchanged for another one. But in March I bought an iPhone 5 for my birthday and added it on a new line. I no longer use the GNex. I did like the stock Android experience. That's the only thing the GNex had going for it.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
i still have my Sprint G-Nex and love it. upgraded from the OG EVO 4G.

my upgrade strategy is to buy every other Nexus and skip the ones in between. my plan is to dump Sprint and switch to prepaid GSM carrier (Straight Talk?) next year when my contract is up and buy the Nexus 5 direct from the Play Store.

i like the freedom and value of this plan.

mij9895

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
i still have my Sprint G-Nex and love it. upgraded from the OG EVO 4G.

my upgrade strategy is to buy every other Nexus and skip the ones in between. my plan is to dump Sprint and switch to prepaid GSM carrier (Straight Talk?) next year when my contract is up and buy the Nexus 5 direct from the Play Store.

i like the freedom and value of this plan.

Stay away from Straight Talk. They blacklisted my number so my friend can only call me maybe twice per day. In June when AT&T revamps their prepaid smartphone offerings, I'm getting them back on AT&T. Another friend of mine left Straight Talk for T-Mobile recently.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Stay away from Straight Talk. They blacklisted my number so my friend can only call me maybe twice per day. In June when AT&T revamps their prepaid smartphone offerings, I'm getting them back on AT&T. Another friend of mine left Straight Talk for T-Mobile recently.

i've heard anecdotes of throttling for going over 2GB/month. but i never heard of phone numbers being blacklisted. sounds like a misunderstanding to me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe