[OTA][9/21] Official Jelly Bean JRO03O for the Verizon GNex

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I don't have CWM installed. It deletes when I reboot. I do have SU v3.1.3 (46)

Then you'll need to fastboot the recovery.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...y-bean-jro03o-verizon-gnex-9.html#post2137261

If you have Wug's Toolkit, simply find whatever folder has "fastboot.exe" in it. Go to clockworkmod.com, find the touch recovery for the Verizon Galaxy Nexus/toro. It'll be an image. Download that, place the .img file in the same folder as the fastboot.exe, then open up a command prompt and go from there with the command from the above link. After you're done flashing, reboot system, and it'll present you with an option right before boot. Tap yes so you don't have to fastboot flash it again.

Montclair

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Then you'll need to fastboot the recovery.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...y-bean-jro03o-verizon-gnex-9.html#post2137261

If you have Wug's Toolkit, simply find whatever folder has "fastboot.exe" in it. Go to clockworkmod.com, find the touch recovery for the Verizon Galaxy Nexus/toro. It'll be an image. Download that, place the .img file in the same folder as the fastboot.exe, then open up a command prompt and go from there with the command from the above link. After you're done flashing, reboot system, and it'll present you with an option right before boot. Tap yes so you don't have to fastboot flash it again.

I unlocked/rooted before Wug's was released, using your method here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...ock-bootloader-root-verizon-galaxy-nexus.html

Do I do the same thing ..... find whatever folder has "fastboot.exe" in it and take it from there?

Carpetflyer

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone have an IMM76K version of ApplicationsProvider.apk? I am not sure which app modded that file so I get an assert failure when the update is doing a "precheck." Thanks!

Montclair

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
No problem!

For those looking to unlock/root their new Jelly Bean device, go here.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...root-verizon-galaxy-nexus-16.html#post2183926

Download touch recovery from ClockworkMod CHECK
Place it in the folder with fastboot-windows.exe CHECK
Download JB-SuperSU.zip and place on Nexus CHECK
Boot into bootloader FAIL, I think

I have not done that since unlocking/rooting back in December and I don't remember how. I looked in the original instruction thread but the detailed are not there (I unlocked/rooted before Wug's came out) I have usb debugging on, I power down, plug in usb, I hold VOL up and down in and hold on/off button until i see the horizontal belly-open android and "START" at the top.
Now what?

I open a command prompt, change the directory to C:\root (where the fastboot and recovery files are). I run the code and get " cannot load 'recovery' "

It seems to me that my nexus is not recognized by fastboot, but I _am_ able to browse the phone with windows explorer.

Please point me in the right direction. Thanks.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Download touch recovery from ClockworkMod CHECK
Place it in the folder with fastboot-windows.exe CHECK
Download JB-SuperSU.zip and place on Nexus CHECK
Boot into bootloader FAIL, I think

I have not done that since unlocking/rooting back in December and I don't remember how. I looked in the original instruction thread but the detailed are not there (I unlocked/rooted before Wug's came out) I have usb debugging on, I power down, plug in usb, I hold VOL up and down in and hold on/off button until i see the horizontal belly-open android and "START" at the top.
Now what?

I open a command prompt, change the directory to C:\root (where the fastboot and recovery files are). I run the code and get " cannot load 'recovery' "

It seems to me that my nexus is not recognized by fastboot, but I _am_ able to browse the phone with windows explorer.

Please point me in the right direction. Thanks.

If you're at the screen with START at the top it should say FASTBOOT MODE at the top of the text/paragraph on the right (in red?) with unlocked (or locked) at the bottom.

Is that what you're seeing? If so, that's the bootloader.

My best guess? You need to reinstall your drivers. Also, do you see a fastboot.exe or just a fastboot-windows.exe?

Montclair

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
If you're at the screen with START at the top it should say FASTBOOT MODE at the top of the text/paragraph on the right (in red?) with unlocked (or locked) at the bottom.

Is that what you're seeing? If so, that's the bootloader.

My best guess? You need to reinstall your drivers. Also, do you see a fastboot.exe or just a fastboot-windows.exe?

It does say FASTBOOT MODE at top and LOCK STATE - UNLOCKED at bottom

Just fastboot-windows.exe.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
It does say FASTBOOT MODE at top and LOCK STATE - UNLOCKED at bottom

Just fastboot-windows.exe.

Do me a favor--

Type this:

Code:
fastboot devices

Anything?

Then try this:

Code:
fastboot-windows devices

If the latter works, try altering the flash command to this:

Code:
fastboot-windows flash recovery [nameofrecovery].img

Success?

Montclair

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Do me a favor--

Type this:

Code:
fastboot devices

Anything?

NO GOOD

Then try this:

Code:
fastboot-windows devices

I GET: 0146B00206010013 fastboot

If the latter works, try altering the flash command to this:

Code:
fastboot-windows flash recovery [nameofrecovery].img

Success?

If I "flash" recovery, what do I do when the next update comes out? Can I flash back the stock recovery, so I can get the OTA?

By the way, the code would look like " fastboot-windows flash recovery recovery-clockwork-touch-6.0.1.0-toro.img " or replace flash with boot?

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
If I "flash" recovery, what do I do when the next update comes out? Can I flash back the stock recovery, so I can get the OTA?

By the way, the code would look like " fastboot-windows flash recovery recovery-clockwork-touch-6.0.1.0-toro.img " or replace flash with boot?

If you don't want to flash the recovery, you're correct--replace flash with boot or ALLOW IT TO REVERT like it did before (by pressing "no" when you get to the promot after reboot system).

Are you using the latest version of Wug's btw? Or better asked: where did you get the fastboot-windows.exe from?

EDIT: NM, I presume you got the fastboot-windows.exe from the package in that guide? (I'm not the original author of that, so my knowledge of its exact contents is sparse; see the very last page for an updated guide for unlocking/rooting with Windows :)).

And yes, your code should this:

Code:
fastboot-windows boot recovery recovery-clockwork-touch-6.0.1.0-toro.img

Montclair

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site

DUH, I had an extra "recovery" in there. All good now! CWM booted!

Montclair

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Well you need that recovery in there (as I typed it) to tell fastboot "where" to go, so to speak :).

For future reference, this is what I've been updating:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...root-verizon-galaxy-nexus-16.html#post2183926

this is the exact command that worked:
Code:
fastboot-windows boot recovery-clockwork-touch-6.0.1.0-toro.img

This did not work:
Code:
fastboot-windows boot recovery recovery-clockwork-touch-6.0.1.0-toro.img

I got fastboot-windows from the original guide, authored by, I believe, Cyber Warrior.

Updated the binaries in SU. I'm back to rooted. Hey, I almost know what I'm talking about!! :D

Do I still need to update SU in Play Store?

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Doh, I'm a dummy, since it's just booting you don't need that.

My apologies, it's been a long day. Shows you how often I've used fastboot just to boot stuff :p

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

Zach41

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I thought I would post this for anyone wondering if they should go from the leaked OTA to the official release....I was running the leaked OTA with no complaints, but I decided I wanted the official release. So I used dmmarck's Return to Stock/Factory Images (a big THANK YOU to dmmarck once again) to return to ICS and then took the official release. I have been using the official release for a day now and I can't see any difference. I would say it was a complete waste of time except that I am new to rooting and flashing and it has given me some comfort to know that I can return to stock if I want to.

That being said I am now going to root my device again and flash my first custom rom. :) I think I am going to try AOKP as my first custom rom and then tryout Theme zipper to start. Wish me luck. :eek:

moracca

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
When I try to flash the JRO030 from IMM76K image, I am getting an assert failed: apply_patch_check message. I am using clockworkmod recovery, booted, selected zip. Am I missing anything? it doesn't need to be factory reset does it?

I have redownloaded the image, and retransferred to phone, but still getting the error

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
When I try to flash the JRO030 from IMM76K image, I am getting an assert failed: apply_patch_check message. I am using clockworkmod recovery, booted, selected zip. Am I missing anything? it doesn't need to be factory reset does it?

I have redownloaded the image, and retransferred to phone, but still getting the error

Are you sure you're on IMM76K?

If it keeps failing, try going back to stock IMM76K first.

Or, you can flash the images via my Return to Stock guide.

LabRat

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site

Try loading the IMM76Q update first, then load JRO030.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thephilster001