Out of country and Play store...

KanadianKaur

Apr 26, 2019
Visit site
I'm currently out of Canada until end of Juky and while here in India I picked up a Gakaxy Note 9 512 GB (switching from iPhone). I found most of the same apps here I was using on iPhone save for a few Canadian specific ones that i need the Canadian store for when i get back. In the mean time I have a huge problem.

Most of the apps I need are paid. Apparently play store help via phone told me it's a feature to protect the customer. It blocks your credit card and any other payment methods. So I can download all the freebies I want but no paid apps... great. They did unlock it for me now twice which gave me about 15 mins to make purchases before my account was locked again. It takes them about an hour to do this. So I only made them do it a couple times. But I'm still missing about 8 apps paid that I need.

iOS never had this issue as you could purchase from anywhere. Am I really stuck using only apps sprawled with ads and limitations until end of July when I get home??? :(

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I moved this from the Android Apps forum to the General Help forum, since the former is intended for developers to promote their apps.

Have you tried using a VPN to access a server from a different country?

KanadianKaur

Apr 26, 2019
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I moved this from the Android Apps forum to the General Help forum, since the former is intended for developers to promote their apps.

Have you tried using a VPN to access a server from a different country?
Yes unfortunately it crashes the play store. They block VPN use. The problem isn't accessing India's play store. All the apps I need are there except for a few it's just the fact that my acxount gets blocked from purchases while out of country. It's a security feature apparently.

MUK3SHJAT

May 9, 2019
Visit site
try using PayTm or PhonePE app, they allow you to buy google gift card so you can make payment in play store without adding your credit card details so you can buy apps you wanted.