outlook sync

aquaj13

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I apologize if this is a repeat but i really need to know. Will HTC sync with outlook. I haVE ALL MY CONTACTS AND CALENDER EVENTS IN OUTLOOK. I want to run the new leaked update and am concerned about backing up my data.
Thanks a lot for the help.

morrie#AC

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
Gmail is not a solution?!!!

This is not a solution!!! I have an @mybusinessname account and website for a reason. Gmail will NEVER replace this. I don't want to use Gmail for my professional contacts, and I should not have to, because I have been syncing Outlook for ten years with older tech. Sure, you can use Gmail to sync once, and get all your stuff in there, but what of your new contacts, appointments and emails? Are we to clumsily do a four-step sync-back to Google each time we make a new entry?? STUPID!!!

There is a solution, if I have to write it myself....:mad:

I have tried HTC sync software on several of my XP PC's (why should I have to try more than one?) and it does not connect to the phone.

HTC has good support, they just don't have the answer.

Clcto

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
If you are interested in going the 3rd party route, check out CompanionLink. This product will synchronize Contacts, Calendar, Tasks and Notes from Outlook to the Eris phone via direct USB link just like you have been doing for 10 years. CompanionLink works fine with Eris.

USB sync Android phones with Outlook, Lotus Notes, GroupWise, ACT!, and Palm Desktop

You can use it free for two weeks. After two weeks it is $39.95. We have telephone and email tech support if you run into any issues connecting to your phone.

Wayland Bruns, CTO
CompanionLink Software, Inc.
www.companionlink.com

jrice862

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I have Outlook at work my Eris syncs quite easily with my contacts and calendar. Go to the HTC site--->Eris Support---> download the software on you pc and install (mine is version 2.0.8). Connect your Eris via the USB as instructed. It took me a bit as I learned you had to restart the computer for the sync software to work. Now all I have to do is plug in my Eris and it starts automatically. Hope this helps.

Oh, ya.... it's free!

PS to Morrie..... as I said it took a bit, but after a few reboots of the desktop, it's smooth and I have XP Pro here in the office. Keep trying.... :)

Last edited:

pseyler

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
I have two questions:

First, to Wayland: do I understand correctly (from your tech support guys) that it's a six-step manual process to synch with your new USB product? I was told that there was an export procedure and a storage card procedure to be run on the droid, then an import procedure to run on the PC, then all three procedures again in reverse to bring the update back to the Droid. Is that understanding correct? Why can't we automatically initiate all that stuff when we plug in the phone? WinMo was doing that 5 years ago.

Now, to jrice: Do you know if it's possible to install that HTC application on the Droid? Anyone out there tried it?