OWNERS: What do you NOT LIKE about your Galaxy Note 7?

lanenubia

May 21, 2010
Visit site

Gdwheel

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I love the phone. It has not disappointed me at all and hopefully it won't. I had hoped that Samsung would allow us to dismiss the high volume warning for headphone and BT sound, but it is still there every time the phone is reset. It has been a pain on their phones for awhile. Minor problem and nothing specific to this phone. All Sumsungs have it. Great, beautiful phone!

itsnotmeitsyou

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
No. They're not decent. Not any of the ones I saw anyway.
That's what I figured. Yet they somehow justify charging for them when there are packs in the Play Store with thousands of themed icons for the same price. Same thing with the full themes. If only they could make the themes as detailed as CM themes, then I could justify spending money on them. I've purchased a couple, but when most of the decent ones started creating a new version of the same theme and charging for it again instead of updating the existing one, I stopped.

team420

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I love the phone. It has not disappointed me at all and hopefully it won't. I had hoped that Samsung would allow us to dismiss the high volume warning for headphone and BT sound, but it is still there every time the phone is reset. It has been a pain on their phones for awhile. Minor problem and nothing specific to this phone. All Sumsungs have it. Great, beautiful phone!

It's not just samsung... my LG g2 did the same thing, but worse... It would sometimes drop the volume while playing music( after I had already dismissed the warning) , and I'd wake it up to see that message... very annoying.

At least sammy's only warn when you first plug headphones in...

But yeah... I can't stand that either. I'm not 2 yrs old, I know what volume i want!

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
That's what I figured. Yet they somehow justify charging for them when there are packs in the Play Store with thousands of themed icons for the same price. Same thing with the full themes. If only they could make the themes as detailed as CM themes, then I could justify spending money on them. I've purchased a couple, but when most of the decent ones started creating a new version of the same theme and charging for it again instead of updating the existing one, I stopped.

I was kinda hoping it'd be more like HTC's theming engine. It has a store as well, but you can also build your own themes on the phone. It's really nice. I'm not unhappy with Samsung's though. If I start getting annoyed with it, I can always just install Nova and use my last backup to set my Note up the way my old phone is.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
My wife wants to throw her 2 cents in that the options for cute cases are limited now. As slippery as that thing is, I don't blame her. I almost dropped it without even realizing it was sliding out of my hand. Thankfully I was laying down with it over me, so nothing would have been hurt. So that's my complaint. Too thin, too light, too slippery, and too prone to being dropped.

Then again, it's not mine. XD

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I had hoped that Samsung would allow us to dismiss the high volume warning for headphone and BT sound, but it is still there every time the phone is reset. It has been a pain on their phones for awhile. Minor problem and nothing specific to this phone. All Sumsungs have it. Great, beautiful phone!

HaHa! yes, this! I feel exactly the same way. Tiny little thing, but drives me nuts too. :)

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I dont want to say i dont like it, but it is a little annoying. I cant long press with my fingers in the app menu. Only seems to work with my thumb, and on the home screen 6 out 10 tries it doesnt work either, have to use my thumb. [video]https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5M3dRc81SS8QVJPdHNycE1wOVY1ZEw5TEY4WTNtVVkyRWhZ[/video]

raziel

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
In the app drawer, I can't just drag an icon into a folder directly. I have to first select edit. I am used to other smartphones where ou don't have to do that so this is super annoying.

Also, I think the camera so far is a bit over rated. The post processing really over exaggerates the saturation where everything looks too "pasty." You can also forget about taking low light photos without a flash!

Kbrielle

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Finding a case that has lip protection on the front for the sides of this phones. I have found a screen protector that covers the whole front of the phone edges included but have yet to find a case that provides adequate lip protection for the edges.

That and touchwiz. Yuck.

Nostromo79

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
both. it will show you all your local stuff. when u run it the first time, it will ask if you want to sync with the cloud (drive). i didnt used to, but as of late i have been and its very convenient; but not required.

Very convenient is right. I also see my photos synced to Google Maps in the Timeline to help jog my memory as to Who?, What?, Where? and When? I bought more storage and now have a terabyte. I especially like how on every device linked/synced to my Google account that Photos will dredge-up pictures which I either thought were lost or that I don't recall ever having taken.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasIndia